Nice place! One of the better Vietnamese breakfast´s we´ve experienced in our almost 2 year stay in Viet Nam. We also had lunch and it was ok, but not as good as breakfast. Dinner we had in town so I can´t say anything about it. According to me, the Vietnamese chefs seems to use to little salt but at this hotel they seasoned the food really well. (Maybe the food standard was the way it was because almost every guest was from Europe/America/Australia. We like it in a certain way...)
The atmosphere was very relaxed and you could always find a sundeck chair by the beach/pool. Bear in mind that the beach in front of the hotel is gone. The sea has washed it away and there is just a 300 m beach left south of the hotel compound. That little leftover beach was not the nicest.
They have also a kid´s pool. It was great with small slides and showers etc. If you have kids up to, lets say 6 years old, its perfect.
If I have to say anything negative about the place it must be about cleanliness. They seem to never clean under the beds. We had two rooms and it was the same in both. We found old flip flop´s, several tissues and other trash amongst all the dust. The fabric on benches and chairs was also really dirty with big stains. Some of the stains looked like blood.
(And maybe they need to refurbish the rooms in near future.)
But, in all, it is a really nice hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Swiss-Belhotel Golden Sand Hotel Hoi An
- Swiss-Belhotel Golden Sand Resort And Spa
- Swiss-Belhotel Golden Sand Hotel
- Swiss Belhotel Golden Sand Resort
- Swiss Belhotel Golden Sand Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 212 chalet like buildings housing the hotel rooms and suites and each of the room has a private balcony with garden view or ocean view. The originality of the Resort is 16 Suite rooms "the Hidden Charm of Golden Sand" as said by a guest. In addition, there are 196 Deluxe and Superior rooms. Their decoration is simple but warm and luxurious with Twin or King Bed, the bathroom has both bathtub and shower. 150m is a longest swimming pool in the Central Viet Nam and two swimming pools for Children, two restaurants serving delectable Vietnamese and Continental Cuisine. Tennis, mountain biking, scuba diving, accolade winning Vietnamese cooking classes and a wide range of well organized daily excursion options are available await at this fabulous hotel and a PADI licensed SCUBA diving operation. Kid's club for children as Kite flying, sand painting and mask painting…We open more facilities to satisfy the guest’s relaxation and open tour to discover Hoi An and neighbouring beautiful sites as My Son Sanctuary, the former imperial city of Hue, and the mystical Phong Nha caves in Quang Binh province… it is really a destination with 4 world culture heritages. With more than 11 private room for ladies and gentlemen, the Scentual Spa offers you and your body the vitality and energy to reach your physical peak. You can soak in a Jacuzzi bathtub and let loose as the skilled hands of professional therapist drive your stresses away. You can also get a massage outside while listening to the waves, eyes half closed under the shade of a palm tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo, Priceline, Venere, Expedia, Otel, Hotels.com and Fastbooking so you can book your Golden Sand Resort & Spa Hoi An reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.