All the good service, good food and nice cocktails can not make up for the beaten, old mattress that I had to sleep on.
I can put up with the standard, hard, foam mattress that most South East Asian hotels use, however, this was a whole other ball game. My lower back was literally lower to the ground than my upper back, with a plank of wood or springs or something odd digging into my mid section.
Thinking they had mistakenly given me a mattress from the 1820s, I walked to reception to alert them to the issues with the mattress. The receptionist was very kind and said they would replace the mattress.
Since it was my honeymoon, I thought the least they could do was upgrade our room for a bed that we could lay on without sinking in the middle, but I didn't want to be rude, so kept this to myself.
Instead, Housekeeping arrived with a feathery, fluffy quilt to place on top of the old mattress to try to soften the dents and odd hard spots that were digging into our back. This was not successful and did not impress.
Nice layout of hotel, nice pool, nice staff BUT horrible beds. Either book this hotel and pray that they give you a good bed (if they exist), or be ready to get no sleep and leave with back issues.
Do check out similar previous reviews on TA, that I wish I had read, before booking this...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 212 chalet like buildings housing the hotel rooms and suites and each of the room has a private balcony with garden view or ocean view. The originality of the Resort is 16 Suite rooms "the Hidden Charm of Golden Sand" as said by a guest. In addition, there are 196 Deluxe and Superior rooms. Their decoration is simple but warm and luxurious with Twin or King Bed, the bathroom has both bathtub and shower. 150m is a longest swimming pool in the Central Viet Nam and two swimming pools for Children, two restaurants serving delectable Vietnamese and Continental Cuisine. Tennis, mountain biking, scuba diving, accolade winning Vietnamese cooking classes and a wide range of well organized daily excursion options are available await at this fabulous hotel and a PADI licensed SCUBA diving operation. Kid's club for children as Kite flying, sand painting and mask painting…We open more facilities to satisfy the guest’s relaxation and open tour to discover Hoi An and neighbouring beautiful sites as My Son Sanctuary, the former imperial city of Hue, and the mystical Phong Nha caves in Quang Binh province… it is really a destination with 4 world culture heritages. With more than 11 private room for ladies and gentlemen, the Scentual Spa offers you and your body the vitality and energy to reach your physical peak. You can soak in a Jacuzzi bathtub and let loose as the skilled hands of professional therapist drive your stresses away. You can also get a massage outside while listening to the waves, eyes half closed under the shade of a palm tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Golden Sand Resort & Spa Hoi An reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swiss-Belhotel Golden Sand Hotel Hoi An
- Swiss-Belhotel Golden Sand Resort And Spa