We were really excited about this hotel and were really looking forward to the beachside atmosphere of typical resorts like this, however we left feeling a little dissapponted. The pool and beachside setting is nice (however the poor place has lost its beach entirely due to typhoons), but the hotel itself particularly the rooms are in an urgent need of a make-over. Upon being show to our rooms, as soon as the door was opened I smelt a very strong musty, mouldy and damp smell. Not very pleasant at all. There was also mould underneath the bathroom sink as well as in the grooves of some of the tiles in the shower. We waited until the evening to see if the air con would remove the smell but it didn't so we went down to reception to let them know. We were offered an oil scented candle to mask the smell. We burnt this overnight but as soon as the candles went out, the smell was just as bad. The next day we went to reception to tell them the smell was still bothering us. Staff at reception kindly offered to show us other rooms. The first room we inspected on the other side of the resort smelt exactly the same! However another room on the floor above didn't smell musty and damp so we moved there. One thing I can say is I was pleased with how staff professionally and kindly assisted us with this. The rooms themselves are quite dark but we didn't open the balcony doors as there are lots of mozzies! The beds were another disappointment...absolutely rock hard so don't expect to sleep to comfortably even if you like a firm bed. The walls are also very thin, you can hear conversations from the rooms next door quite clearly. The breakfast was quite good - lots of options particularly if you want to try some Asian dishes as they have a big selection of those. The gym was also quite good for your basic equipment. The hotel has a bus service into town but often we would end up getting taxi as the times were not always frequent enough for us eg 4pm service into town and not another until 8pm so not ideal for going into town for dinner. So overall, not the best hotel and I wish we has stayed elsewhere but the Staff were always friendly and helpful which made out experience a little better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a 5 star beach front resort in Hoi An Vietnam that is committed to redefining luxury, and preserving the unique spirit of Hoi An Vietnam. With new management, we have completed a stage of transformation both inside and out. Every room has been completely renovated and new villas, a pool bar, beach restaurant and executive lounge are just some of the exciting changes that have happened to our Resort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your Golden Sand Resort & Spa Hoi An reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swiss-Belhotel Golden Sand Resort And Spa
- Swiss-Belhotel Golden Sand Hotel Hoi An