We had visited Danang for a short family break about a year ago staying in Danang and decided to opt for the charming UNESCO town of Hoi an instead this trip, All was fine, easy check in, complimentary 2 hr delayed check out, decent buffet, large deluxe rooms etc, BUT nothing that would put this into a worldclass or outstanding facility.
Best things for our trip - the unlimited complimentary wifi in room (across multiple computers and gadgets) was much appreciated. Also the spa treatments were lovely - great rooms, oils, temperature etc - made even better by the 50% discount running. Would highly recommend the Vietnamese 90 mins massage if you likely firm, without bruising, therapies.
The hotel pool was long but the water murky and the sides looked a little unclean. The steps and handrails of the ladders out of the pool and around the pool bar were far too spaced apart and hence quite difficult to get a firm footor handhold. Nuff said about the slippery tiles around...
The actual hotel location felt like it was in the middle of nowhere. Yes, it was right on the shoreline but without any beach, scenic rocks or landscaping so can't describe it really as a beach resort and it was far enough from Hoi An (10-15 mins by free mini bus) that it felt remote with very little to do within walking distance.
- Also Known As:
- Swiss-Belhotel Golden Sand Hotel
- Swiss-Belhotel Golden Sand Resort And Spa
- Swiss-Belhotel Golden Sand Hotel Hoi An
- Swiss Belhotel Golden Sand Resort
- Swiss Belhotel Golden Sand Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 212 chalet like buildings housing the hotel rooms and suites and each of the room has a private balcony with garden view or ocean view. The originality of the Resort is 16 Suite rooms "the Hidden Charm of Golden Sand" as said by a guest. In addition, there are 196 Deluxe and Superior rooms. Their decoration is simple but warm and luxurious with Twin or King Bed, the bathroom has both bathtub and shower. 150m is a longest swimming pool in the Central Viet Nam and two swimming pools for Children, two restaurants serving delectable Vietnamese and Continental Cuisine. Tennis, mountain biking, scuba diving, accolade winning Vietnamese cooking classes and a wide range of well organized daily excursion options are available await at this fabulous hotel and a PADI licensed SCUBA diving operation. Kid's club for children as Kite flying, sand painting and mask painting…We open more facilities to satisfy the guest’s relaxation and open tour to discover Hoi An and neighbouring beautiful sites as My Son Sanctuary, the former imperial city of Hue, and the mystical Phong Nha caves in Quang Binh province… it is really a destination with 4 world culture heritages. With more than 11 private room for ladies and gentlemen, the Scentual Spa offers you and your body the vitality and energy to reach your physical peak. You can soak in a Jacuzzi bathtub and let loose as the skilled hands of professional therapist drive your stresses away. You can also get a massage outside while listening to the waves, eyes half closed under the shade of a palm tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, AsiaRooms, Agoda, Venere, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Swiss-belhotel Golden Sand Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.