“Nice and brand new” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Phu Thinh Boutique Resort & Spa

You added Phu Thinh Boutique Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Phu Thinh Boutique Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   488 Cua Dai Street, Hoi An, Vietnam (Formerly Phu Thinh 2 Hotel)   |
Offers & Announcements
BIG SAVE IN NEW YEAR !
Ranked #14 of 85 Hotels in Hoi An
“Nice and brand new”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Located 0 mins walk away from central town,this place is brand new with a nice pool and nice breakfast. The rooms were nice and spacious but there shower/toilet does not have a shower curtain so once the floor it's wet there is nothing you can do about it. That was the only compliant I have

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Polish first
Bells Beach, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed here for 10 nights. We were very happy with our room and the service.
We had a balcony overlooking the pool and the well manicured garden with the rice padies beyond.
All the staff here are all very very nice and do there best to help you out.
It is no 5 star hotel but we didn't want that, we were very happy with our choice and the location.
It is about 12 mins walk into the town of Hoi An.
There are a few nice small restaurants, chemist, and general store close by.
The food in the hotel is good and we enjoyed our small but adequate breakfasts.
We loved our fresh baguette and viet coffee for breakfast.
Our only complaint is the wi fi didn't work in our room on the second floor. And they are currently renovating rooms in the hotel so it can be a little disruptive during working hours but over all it was a very good little hotel and not expensive. We would stay there again no problems at all.

Room Tip: We were happy with our room 206 (i think) on the first floor (looking towards the rear)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was staying with a relative in Vietnam and she kindly arranged for me to have a massage and meal at this hotel. There was a wide selection of massages including a body massage, aromatherapy massage, Thai massage etc. We were taken into a lovely hut within the grounds of the hotel, which was very clean and as expected for a treatment room. I was told that there is normally relaxing music playing but unfortunately the machine had broken just before our visit. I had chosen a body massage, and my masseuse started by applying oil to my leg before giving it a good massage. Although she was little she was defintely very strong and applied a good amount of pressure, but she did say at the beginning to let her know if she was too hard. She proceeded to my other leg, then my back, shoulders, head and arms. I left floating on air after my first ever massage, and it definitely will not be the last after that wonderful experience.

After the massage we made our way to the open sided restaurant where we were surrounded by beautiul views of the lotus pond and well manicured grounds of the hotel. There was a pool nearby that looked very clean and appealing. I was desparate to jump in and have a swim. We perused the food menu and I was pleased to see that there was a good choice of vegetarian food, and after explaining that I was vegetarian they were also able to provide me with a further range of dishes that weren’t on the menu including vegetable spring rolls, tofu in tomatoe and chilli sauce, sauteed vegetables, sweer and sour fried aubergine, vegetables and noodles. We ordered more food than we really needed but it was so delicious we couldn’t stop eating, and we left the hotel feeling very full but very contented.

Throughout my visit all the staff were very friendly and attentive, and they were a pleasure to meet. Although I didn’t stay in the hotel the areas that I saw appeared clean, and I would have no problem staying there in the future. Also, we were able to take a stroll into the centre of Hoi Ann from the hotel, which took about 20 minutes although it may take longer if you stop and look in all the shops along the road, and it is therefore ideally located.

Thank you Phu Thinh II for a lovely experience to add to the many I have had during my trip to Vietnam.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

The pool and surrounding garden were stunning.
The staff at the breakfast buffet were lovely. The buffet offered many options with a good selection of western foods.
There was only wifi in the lobby as it did not reach the rooms, but computers were available.
The hotel offered bikes for the day for $1USD.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Hampshire, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights while visiting Hoi An.

Positives: The hotel has a lovely lobby and setting for the pool and restaurant. There is a lotus pond which is lovely to look out on. The pool is a great tempurature and a perfect way to cool down after a hot day shopping.
Breakfast is ok. Pastries, toast, coffee, tea, vietnamese food and an omlette station, you won't go hungary.
The room was large, airy and cool with wifi and a flat screen tv.
The location is 15 minutes walk from the centre of Hoi An. Service in the restaurant was helpful and pleasant.

Negatives: The bathroom/wetroom was pretty dated with a strange wall mounted shower and jet thing that had very little water pressure to make it work.
We were on the ground floor right by the renovation work going on. This didn't disturb us as the rooster had woken us up at 5am, but was pretty annoying as there was no sound proofing from the window. It was slightly irritating to be told by the receptionist that the workmen wouldn't start till 10am when this was obviously not going to be the case.

Overall, this is not a bad place to stay, but i'd have a look around before returning. I'd imagine, that once the work is done, this will be a lovely hotel to stay at.

Room Tip: Away from the renovation work if possible.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Brunswick, Victoria, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 3 nights as part of a tour. On 2nd floor, I was a bit concerned to see chooks next door but fortunately the rooster crowing didn't disturb me. When we arrived the lobby area looked impressive with the split marble staircase and the dark wood. On arrival in our room we had no hot water as in no water coming out of the taps. They were still fixing it when we left for dinner but plenty of hot water on our return. The breakfast was a 6 out of 10, the juice is not juice but cordial, the tea is very weak, no boiled eggs. The fruit was fresh however and eggs were cooked on request. One member of the group slipped on the pool deck which gets slippery when wet, beware. I had to turn off and on the AC a few times during the night as it was cold blowing on the bed. Overall OK as it is fine for sleeping and swimming and Hoi An is the place to be.

• Stayed March 2013
TicklyTigger
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We moved to the Phu Thin 2 hotel for one night after staying at the Betele Garden Homestay. All in all, it's a nice hotel withe a good sized pool. The breakfast was the main positive point, large buffet catering for Western food as well.

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Phu Thinh Boutique Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!