“Incredible food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chefhung's Home Kitchen

Chefhung's Home Kitchen
27 le Quy Don, Hoi An 51000, Vietnam (Formerly Dairies Product Suplier)
+84 123 327 6286
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 406 Restaurants in Hoi An
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: My dear friends and guests at Chef Hung's It deeply happy me to start the restaurant again from 20th october 2014. Has been receiving from many generous reviews and lovely guests. It is you that have made Chef Hung's flourish and I am forever grateful. I thank you for your patience and extend my gratitude to all that support the very thing that I love to do. Creating fresh and vibrant food is so important to me. I am now back in business as Vietnamese Authentic Cooking Class as I would love to do. I would like to announce to all of customers to join my free Cooking Class, its a kind of charity, customers's donation to help HIV children in Hoi An, Quang Nam Province. Warmest wishes to you all and thank you again, Hung
Madrid, Madrid, Spain
“Incredible food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

The food is as good as its decoration. We loved this place, the personal is very kind, the prices are like a joke and the food is real good. There are a chill out terrace on the top, the restaurant on the second floor and a book shop at the bottom.
Don't go if you are looking for a burguer, but there are pizzas for the kids.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful rooftop bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We went here as we'd read the good reviews and weren't disappointed. We arrive din time for happy hour and had a table at the rooftop bar. There was a nice breeze which was refreshing after the heat. The view was lovely - beautiful sunset. The cocktails were great and tasty.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Odense, Denmark
“Overrated - nice bar, but don't go there for dinner”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

When we arrived, we were told, that there was no free table on the rooftop, so we were seated on the balcony on the second floor and they said, that they will give us the next free table.
5 minutes later a group of four and a couple just walked up there and as they didn't return, were seated upstaires. We asked how this is possible and they apologized for the mistake. As we finally got a table upstaires, we immediately forgot about the mistake - the view was just stunning and totally worth waiting for.
We ordered two appetizers and two maincourses. We were really looking forward to eat the signiture dish of the chef, which was highlighted in the menu.
After waiting about 45 minutes our squid and chicken salad arrived. I just expected something different, especially if you order a squid salad. It was salad with three pieces of unmarinated or seasoned squid... Another 45 minutes later they served one of the main courses. We started and as we often experienced, that the courses are never served simultaneously (appetizers also arrived with a few minutes delay). After finishing around 9.30 pm we asked for the second main course. The waiter was suprised and after checking told us, that they have to prepare it first. We canceled the order as it was just getting too late.
Next to us two women made the same experience and had to wait 30 minutes for drinks and almost one hour for the dessert they ordered.
If the food would have been excellent as they write, we might have just overlooked the mistakes they made, but it was below average and the service was just horrible and as it is a restaurant I cannot give them a better rating.
But even though, I would highly recommend the place for drinks, as the view is just amazing!

• 2 of 5 stars Food
chefhung, Owner at Chefhung's Home Kitchen, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
I am deeply saddened by your experience at my restaurant. It is so important to me that each customer I serve leaves happy.

As we are a relatively new restaurant, with staff that are still learning, I will be the first to admit that mistakes happen once in a while. We hope that our eagerness to make customers happy allows us, in turn, some of their patience. We go out of our way for our customers and pride ourselves in offering excellent food and customer service.

In relation to the rooftop. We accept bookings at Chef Hung's so please keep this in mind when waiting for a table. It is preferable if customers book however we do what ever we can to accommodate walk ins.

I apologise if your salad took 45minutes although I must exclaim this would have been an isolated incident. I understand this is a small consolation but you may have caught us on a particularly difficult evening. 99% of the time, things run smoothly, we are doing our very best.

As for the quality and taste of the food. This is something I find hard to swallow. Cooking food for others is the most important thing in my life. I must remind myself of the many people that enjoy the flavours that I balance when making food.

If you are ever in Hoi An again, please, come see us again. Introduce yourself to me and I would love to create a better experience for you.

Chef Hung
Hoi An, Vietnam
“Fantastic food in an amazing setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The view across the rooftops of Hoi An from the rooftop of The Chef last night was stunning! And the food was also very impressive - it was light and the careful combination of tastes and textures, superb. I had the seafood vermicelli and my partner had the mango salad - yum.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
East Jutland, Denmark
“Obs obs wrong position shown when using the advisor app”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Check adress and find it on another map.

Nice fresh food!

The restaurant is positioned on the roof which is beatiful and quet.

Staff very good.