“excellent stay in Hoi An in this hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Hoi An Royal

You added Mercure Hoi An Royal to your Saves list
Mercure Hoi An Royal
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   321 Cua Dai Street | Cam Chau, Hoi An 84 510, Vietnam (Formerly Hoi An Pacific Hotel & Spa)   |
Ranked #63 of 95 Hotels in Hoi An
Dublin, Ireland
“excellent stay in Hoi An in this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2010

Myself and my mother stayed in this hotel in Hoi An and we thoroughly enjoyed our 4 night stay. The hotel was clean, in a good location and had very friendly staff. Our rooms were changed daily with new towels, The portoring staff, Duc and Tai were excellent and very helpful and always welcomed us with a warm smile and gave helpful information about the local area - they also helped us with our luggage. The catering staff in the mornings were great and again welcomed us warmly in the morning. The breakfast buffet had a broad spread and catered to every need. The hotel offered a shuttle bus to the town centre and also the private beach but you can easily cycle to either using the bicylces from the hotel.
I would strongly recommend this hotel for your stay in Hoi An

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

My family and I stayed here during late November, and were very happy with our stay. My parents stayed in a poolside VIlla room, while the rest of us stayed in the Deluxe rooms. Rooms were very nice, the balconys in the Deluxe rooms overlooked the pool and were a nice touch. Room was clean, although my rooms airconditioning didnt go very cold, and the hot water in the shower ran out after about one brief shower every day. The pool was very clean and enjoyable after a long day. The breakfast assortment was good, with a range of local and western options. Fresh pancakes and omelettes were able to be made to order aswell. The Hotel was a decent walk into the old town, probably about 15 minutes, and after once or twice is not something you feel like doing after a long day shopping and sightseeing. Luckily Taxis are readily available and it costs no more than $1 to get into th old town. There is also a hotel shuttle bus that takes guests into town and back again. The private beach is also very nice, and a shuttle bus can take you there too. The staff were friendly and helpful, always saying hello with a big smile.
If I came back again I may want to stay slightly closer to the old town, but this hotel is an excellent option also. I can no doubt recommend this hotel to fellow travellers.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Melbourne Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

I stayed for four nights with my mother at the Hoi An Pacific, and found the stay to be well worth the money. The rooms were clean, spacious, the staff were friendly and spoke very good English. More importantly they were helpful in solving are ongoing arrangements. The Spa was fantastic, Mai, the spa manager gives possibly the best Thai massage I've ever had, and did an immaculate job on my tired feet and hands!

• Stayed November 2010
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

Something like a rat is always going to dampen your spirits. We had only booked one night in Hoi An as we were unsure of our travel plans and we had scored the very reasonable rate of USD 35 a night, however when we tried to tag on an extra night the rate was doubled. We had a very basic room which seemed clean enough and had everything usually expected in a midrange hotel. The first night I slept very well because the previous night we had taken a sleeper bus from Nha Trang so whether the rat was present that night I cannot attest as I was literally passed out. On the second night (which was more annoying because this was the more expensive night) my friend and I were kept awake by a loud and close scratching noise. Then when we tuned the light on a rat made its was out of the laundry hamper and scuttled out of the room. It was definitely a rat. When we told the hotel staff about it - they had a "well this is Hoi An and rats happen" kind of attitude and after some dispute knocked 7 bucks off the bill. The front desk recepetion staff I suppose were helpful but the rates they were asking for an airport transfer and a My Son tour were triple what we eventually paid when we used a tour agency.
There were a lot of positives which should be mentioned - the pool was immaculate, the upstairs restaurant food was delicious and reasonably priced and came with a free Champa show and the included breakfast was extensive and tasty. The location would have been better if we were interested in visiting the beach. The spa was staffed with friendly, proffesional girls and I got a full body massage and a pedicure for less than forty bucks. My favourite part of the hotel, though, was the use of bicycles to get us back and forth from the old town.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

The hotel is a great deal for the money. Overall, the hotel is very clean and well priced but what makes it so special is the staff. From the moment I arrived, I was greeted with big smiles and helpful staff. One of the best experiences I've had. A special thanks to Kathy and Teppy, who helped my time here feel like home.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

I just returned from a fantastic girls trip to Hoi An. We selected this hotel based on other reviews but were quite nervous because the price was too good to be true. But we were VERY pleased with the hotel and its friendly staff. The rooms were spacious, clean and equipped with really comfy beds. Bathrooms were large, equally as clean and looked like they've been updated with modern amenities. Breakfast was decent but nothing to write home about. The hotel recommends a list of tailors, we chose the top on their list which I DO NOT recommend. The shop name was Au A at 479 Cua Dai St. The quality was FAR less than par. The garments didn't lay right, the fabric puckered in the wrong places, the stitches were crooked, and I had to remind the tailors that the seams needed to be backstitched at the beginning and end of the seams so the thread doesn't fall apart. Even after 2 fittings, I walked away with 1 out of 6 pieces that I was satisfied with. One of the pieces I let them keep because it was a hopeless endeavor to try to repair it and I only asked for 50% of the cost to cover their labor. I returned to Singapore last night and washed one of my custom made pieces and the stitches are already dismantling. Next time we return to Hoi An, I think I would try a tailor that was situated in the Old Quarter. They might be more experienced with the heavy tourist traffic.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

Upon arrival, the hotel had a bad vibe.The door of my room would not lock and the lights didn't work. I met people staying there who were robbed, even their safes were broken in to. This happened to at least 5 other people. My room had a lucky number so I guess that helped me?

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo

Been to Mercure Hoi An Royal? Share your experiences!