“Good quality, but standard” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
50% OFF-FREE AIRPORT P/Up
Ranked #45 of 81 Hotels in Hoi An
Helsinki, Finland
“Good quality, but standard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011 via mobile

The deluxe rooms were less 'deluxe' than expected, and were actually just a normal hotel room by western standards.

The poolside is ok, with around 20 sunchairs. Free bikes are a big bonus, as the hotel is too far to walk from the city center.

We asked for a late checkout after staying in the hotel for 5 nights, but this was possible only by paying 50% of the room rate. In this sense a bit disappointing, as good service should be more than a smile.

• Stayed June 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

What a great hotel this was the second time we stayed May 2010 was the first . We booked a Villa by the pool very spacious and clean. The staff here are fantastic I would like to say a big thank you to Mai and her staff at the spa centre, also to Tai, Lily, Linda and Sarah nothing was ever to much trouble, and the welcoming smiles of the girls at Reception. Keep up the great service.

Room Tip: Stay in the Villa Poolside fantastic room
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Kenilworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

We stayed in May for 9 nights - we paid extra and chose the pool villa - the villas are very nice with plenty of room and are kept spotlessly clean by the staff. The hotel is located halfway between the town and the beach but the hotel runs a free shuttle bus to either. The cost of a taxi into town is around 25,000VND so cheap anyway. There are a couple of restaurants opposite the hotel where the food was good and the price very resonable. The staff at the Hotel are really friendly especially Duc and Lilly. The free internet and computers in the reception are great. The pool area is nice it is also quiet in the day as most people only spend a couple of nights in Hoi An and like to investigate. We didnt use the restaurant apart from for breakfast (which was good) we also didn't try the spa so we cannot really comment on these services. We will definately be back to the Pacific.

Room Tip: Book the Villa Rooms
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

This was our second stop for my sister and I, we both had poolside villa’s each. We stayed here for 3 nights whilst exploring Hoi An. The hotel is a little ways out of the main shopping area, but the hotel has a free shuttle to and from and/or the cab cost is quite negligible (couple of bucks - if that).

The staff were fantastic, one especially my sister was quite fond of was Lilly – She convinced my sister (who in turn convinced me) to do a ‘cooking class’ – As an extra bonus, my sister had the option to go with the chief into the town markets to buy the food with him for our actual meals. She totally enjoyed the stroll with the chief. I was a bit sceptical about the cooking class I got rolled into from my sister, the staff and chief really did make it fun and enjoyable for the both of us and I am glad I did it.

The rooms themselves. I had a villa on the ground floor. The room was rather impressive in space, but it could use a little modernising. The TV was rather small and old given the size of the room., and did look out of place. The bathroom was wonderful, big shower and bathtub. The free Wi-Fi seemed to work perfectly. The complementary breakfast in the morning was generous and well put on with a good selection.

My sisters room, was basically a carbon copy of mine except reversed and on the first floor. Eg. My bed was on the right as you walk in, hers was on the left etc. The decor was generally the same. The only concern was the placement of her air-con unit. It was above the wardrobe and really did not work well. I am not sure if this was due to the unit itself or the placement. Whilst she didn’t really have a problem with it, me being an air-con junkie, I possibly would have. Her Wi-Fi also seemed a bit flaky, sometimes she would have to come down to my room to use her skype.

Overall, the hotel is good, it’s good value for money and the villa rooms are really nice. Would I go back there again? Not sure, I would have a look around, but I would not be unhappy if I did stay there again.

Room Tip: If it is in your budget, I would get a villa.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

I'm sitting in the lobby bar of the Hoi An Pacific right now writing this on one of the 4 laptops with internet connectivity provided by the hotel, more than 2 hours after we had been scheduled to leave Da Nang for Hanoi. A strong breeze just started blowing through the lobby, bringing a welcome feeling of coolness though the skies have darkened considerably and it looks like we'll soon be in for a tropical rain storm.

Apparently sometime right around exactly 12 hours ago my cousin, who I'm traveling with through Vietnam, and another tourist who we made friends with here in Hoi An, started getting git with the symptons of food poisoning. I'm knocking on every piece of wood within arm's length, but so far I've avoided the worst of it. Both my cousin and our new friend suffered not just severe diarrhea but the most painful stomach cramps either has ever suffered. I was fortunate to sleep through part of the night until my cousin woke me up at 5:30 to ask if I had any immodium. When I realized both of the others were in the same shape and we had all eaten the same things, I faced the distinctly discouraging and depressing prospect that it would only be a matter of time until it would hit me.

The staff here at the Hoi An Pacific had already exceeded expectations with their friendliness and willingness to help us in any conditions of need even before this morning. From helping translate and arbitrate a dispute with our taxi driver from DAD to helping make our experiences at either Cua Dai beach, Hoi An's historic town center or at any of the hotel's common areas of the pool, lobby bar or rooftop restaurant, their service and attitude was top notch. But this morning's experience really put it over the top.

Resigned to help my companions with what I could before I joined them in agonizing and paralyzing suffering, and remembering seeing a sign for a pharmacy earlier in our stay while walking to town, I headed downstairs and out in search of medicine a few minutes before 6am. The staff was already here and seemed to instantly realize something was amiss, and asked how everything was. Upon hearing the story, they directed me to the nearby pharmacy and to much needed meds. (Thank goodness medicine and drug names like "Immodium" are the same in every language!) Returning with meds and water for us all, I left the others curled up in fetal positions when not in the bathroom while I went up to the breakfast buffet to bring down some bread and rice congee, and wait for the inevitable symptons to find their next target. During this time, I witnessed the staff of the hotel diligently going through the daily routines and all the little things to make the stays of their guests more enjoyable; little things like trimming and clipping leaves on the trees and plants, cleaning the pool, washing and preparing towels for the pool, spa and dusting and cleaning the rec room with the workout equipment and pool table.

Knock on wood, I've avoided any stomach cramps or pain. We missed our morning flight, but eventually the others have managed to get to 75% and to a state where they can walk around. Through the entire morning, the staff, especially Kathy and Kendy at the reception desk, were amazingly helpful in addressing any of our needs, whether it was providing more plastic bags (the bacteria in the stomach can exit the body in multiple directions after all), towels, or simply understanding as I brought back bits of bread and rice porridge and bananas to the really sick ones. Afterwards, they made sure I was comfortable and accommodated me as I dozed on the lobby couch or pool chairs trying to get some rest.

Kathy, who acted as our personal translator and ombudsman for all 3 days, was truly exceptional. In addition to English, she also speaks Chinese (both my cousin and I are Chinese American), so between either English or Chinese we were able to get any ideas through and understood. From the initial dispute with the cab driver, to helping facilitate the return of my credit card from HCMC hotel, where I had inadvertently left it, all the way through helping us rebook and change our flight without any new fees or charges later this morning, we've been really taken care of in extraordinary fashion, as if we were family.

I would have no reservations at all about staying here again, and would do so even if next time there wasn't a discount rate available from a discount travel aggregator such as Expedia.

From a logistics standpoint, this hotel is midway between Hoi An's town center and the beach, and there are free shuttles running to and from both. The beach is slightly further and during the daytime heat, I would recommend using the shuttle or riding the provided free bicycles to the beach as it's probably 2km there. The town center is closer, maybe just over 1km, and in the evening or late at night, it's a wonderfully pleasant walk back in the comfortable night air along the river and through quiet streets watching a dragon shaped cloud lit up by a full moon.

Hmm, perhaps it's time I hit the restroom now ...

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Darwin, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

This is an hotel with great friendly staff, so clean, look after you. It has beautiful rooms-old charm, bath, good beds. The ladies in all areas that run the whole place are very good, reception and the cleaning ladies, The spa room Mia/I( have forgotten a ladies name here) and all her staff is fantastic. Never seen people so happy, but I think a good smile to these great people makes all the difference. The doorman's are cool dudes and try to help all the the time. I enjoyed my stay. The only thing was breakfast, was good but need in some good bread, coffee and juice- but my opinion?. Special thanks to all, I can't think of all the names, the lady with the smile I checked in with and the lady that opened the safe x 2/happy -excellent, Lily-no doubt, you are all the best for sure, I think this hotel has all the goods. Mr Maintenance too. It is a hotel with some nice style, you will like like it if you treat the people well. Thankyou . I will be back Mark Hanrahan

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the top floor
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

After 4 nights here it was difficult to leave. We booked direct with the hotel and the price was $49US/night including buffet breakfast which was good. The price was a little over our budget but it was great value for money and a little luxury was needed after 2 weeks in Vietnam.

The rooms were very clean with great bathrooms and this hotel had the most comfortable beds and pillows in Vietnam (you'll see what I mean when you get to Vietnam). The hotel has a great pool for lounging around and cooling off, free internet, a shuttle into the centre which is only about a 10 min walk, and a shuttle to the beach with sunbeds to waste the day away, room service, restaurant and spa. The staff spoke good English and were very friendly. Thank you to Lilly for making us feel so welcome and looking after us. I would definitely stay here again only for longer next time.
When you stay here visit the restaurant next door 'Lavien Rose' for some of the best Vietnamese food in town.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the kitchen on level 5.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hoi An Pacific Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!