“Great Hotel and even better staff” 5 of 5 stars

Hoi An Pacific Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   321 Cua Dai Street, Hoi An 84 510, Vietnam   |
Ranked #48 of 85 Hotels in Hoi An
Newcastle-upon-Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel and even better staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

We stayed here after being let down by the price of the Cua Dai Hotel up the road. We had no booking and just turned up at the desk. Were shown all 3 types of rooms and ended up spending a couple more dollars for a poolside Villa room - $55 a night.
Great value. Huge room, and a good bed. Room cleaned everyday, good tea and coffee making facilities, and a good shower.
The pool area was superb, if a liitle shaded by the trees, and the hotel is about 20 mins walk into town, and about the same to the beach, but you can use the free bikes available to cycle to either! The internet is available throughout the hotel or there are terminals at the desk.
Breakfasts were excellent in he top floor restaurant, and they will pretty much make you anything you like, even if you miss the 10am deadline!
The staff re really good, although when we enquired about hiring a motorcycle to go to "My Sun" we were quoted $20, and I got one just up the road for $6!!! That and a slightly blocked drain were the only down points.
Overall, great hotel that isnt as expensive as it would first appear, with great staff, and highly recommended.

Room Tip: Pay an extra few dollars and try and get a villa.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

I stayed for 3 nights at the Villa. What I loved about this hotel was the very spacious room, tranquility and its resort feel. Very friendly bellboy as well although a couple of times I felt that the receptionists could afford to be friendlier and more responsive. The breakfast spread was decent, although on the first day, my friend was told that he could only order one egg at a time :S

What could be improved to make it an even more pleasant experience:

1) More frequent shuttle buses to and from town and beach (loved the beach by the way!)
2) Upgrade TV to a wider screen.
3) Wifi made available in rooms!

I booked a taxi from the airport through the site yourlocalbooking.com. Besides the driver, was greeted by a very friendly lady who was the Director of Sales of the company. Along the way to the hotel she pointed out interesting sites and provided brief knowledge. She came across as professional and a trustworthy 'local buddy', we didn't hesitate to make a booking for a return taxi to the airport. A breath of fresh air after the experiences with the local tailors, I would definitely engage the services of this company again if I return to Hoi An.

Room Tip: Get the Villa!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

This was my second stay at the Hoi An Pacific. Last year I was on the 5th floor right below the restaurant so every morning I was awoken at 6 am by the chopping of vegetables. This year I stayed in a 3rd floor villa room. This was away from the main hotel and overlooking the pool. I loved this room and slept much better, although in Vietnam everyone starts work early and there was no getting away from the wake up calls from the street traffic.

The breakfast was excellent with a great selection, and the shuttle bus to the beach and town ran to schedule.

There are 3 small restaurants directly across from the hotel and they are all fine, they also do laundry, rent motorbikes, sell petrol and one is also a tailor. Very enterprising.

What made my stay so special was the staff. As a lady of a certain age, travelling alone, they made such a fuss of me. I did the cooking class with Tan the chef, who cooked me a lovely meal in the restaurant as the special dinners were for a minimum of 2 people. It is a pity that more people do not stay in the hotel to eat in the evening.

I had wonderful treatments in the spa which is very relaxing and clean. Mai and her girls really looked after me and treated me like an old friend. Their massages and facials were the best.

All the staff were very friendly and spoke good English from the reception desk to the bell boys.

I loved the bar staff who always a long cold gin & tonic waiting for me when I came in from town. Good luck to Sharna on her upcoming wedding.

Finally I must mention a special waitress, little Lily. She is absolutely gorgeous, an excellent waitress and an intelligent, independent young lady.

So this is a big thank you to all the staff but especially to Mai & Lily.

I would go back to the Pacific in a heartbeat but the world is a big place and it is time for me to explore elsewhere.

Room Tip: Look at the villa rooms before making a decision
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
hanoi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

the hotel very nice near the beach , room very big , very clean , computer in the rooms very great , the breakfast very good , all staff very friendly and helpful , always smiles ! i would like to recommend hoi an pacific hotel for all traveler , want to stay in hoi an !

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

We are group of 22 peoples traveller on 19 days tour in VN. We arrived to this hotel on 14Th of March, the hotel room almost smell and have a mite in the wall and drape. All of us too tired only want to sleep, however the mite bite made us itching and we try to ask change room. The vice manager is very rude, he didn't want to listen to us even we can speak Vietnamese languages.By the end, I need to contact to another hotel to move out at 1 Am , only me and another couple they say they find another room for us in another hotel but this is a tour guide room. We feel frustrated as the hotel is cheating clients, we paid for the 4 star hotel not the room either 1 star. This is our horrible experienced about this hotel. The hotel in Hoi An need to avoid.

• Stayed March 2011
HuynhPhuocTan, Director of Sales at Hoi An Pacific Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 27, 2011
Dear kttdinh,

On behalf of the Hotel’s Management, I would like to thank you for your recent posting even though your stay was far back in March. However, I also take this opportunity to clarify your uneasy feeling when you stayed with us for few hours.

March in Hoian is normally the super-peak season for tourists and also the raining season in the Central of Vietnam and your group booked with us for 11 rooms with 1 nite stay. By the time, your group checked in quite late at night and your rooms all were ready. Unfortunately, one of the rooms on the 3rd floor – the painting from the wall has been scratched and the white little pieces from the scratch dropped on the bed that caused one of your guests feel itching, not the mite. Nether less, that is totally our mistake as we hang up the new curtain in that afternoon and that caused some scratches on the wall. Immediately, our Manager on Duty apologized and proposed to change to upgrade this room to a higher room category, but failed in vain. Finally, we had to book your group to a higher category resort with the higher room rates eventhough that was 1:00 a.m. and we had to absorb the difference.

With all of the above justification, I hope that you would have a positive fair thoughts of our hotel in solving the case. However, in anyrate, we again apologized for not making your stay satisfactory as we wish to and all of your comments will take into our immediate action in replacing all of our rooms with the new wooden floor now and we repaint all of our rooms now in order to make our guests more enjoyable and memorial when being in Hoian. You are always welcomed back to check what we have upgraded now.

Best regards,

Huynh Phuoc Tan ( Peter ) / DOS
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

Loved this hotel, it was the nicest and cleanest we stayed in during our 17 nights in Vietnam. Initially booked for 2 nights but extended to 6 and would have loved to extend further but we had to go home.

Villa rooms are fantastic and we only paid $5 average a night more than we paid for other hotels we stayed.

Even though there was significant maintenance being carrried our in the hotel during our visit, it had no impact (amazingly quiet given the amount of work they were doing.

On our first day the door key broke in the lock. It was fixed (lock totally replaced) in less time that it took us to have breakfast. Normally it Asian hotels we have found you need to keep asking for things to be fixed. Staff could not have been more helpfil and as other reviews mention they don't push tours like many hotels do.

Wifi was probably the best strength we experienced in any hotel, although the computers around the bar were slow.

Was suprised to see in another review that money had been stolen from the safe in a room as we had no problems with safe or the hotel safe that we needed to use on the last day.

Free hotel bicycles are great - only thing is check the tyres as you may need to ask the security guards to pump them up - it makes riding on the roads much easier with the right tyre pressure

Would certainly stay here again if we go back to Hoi An.

Room Tip: Book a villa room!!! Great access to the pool
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

This was the poorest hotel we stayed in during our tour of Indo-China. It was clean and adequate but lacked any charm, and the use of dark coloured wood throughout made it appear dark and gloomy.

• Stayed May 2011

Been to Hoi An Pacific Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!