“Long wait, bad food” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Hoi An, Vietnam
“Long wait, bad food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Just back from dinner here and can hands down say this was the worst meal I have had throughout my stay so far

It looked nice from the outside but don't be fooled. We spent at least 45 minutes waiting for our food. When it finally arrived we got one of our side dishes and my boyfriends main. We waited another 10 minutes until our next side dish arrived. Both side dishes were so heavily peppered that they were practically in edible. In the meantime I still hadn't received my main and my boyfriend was waiting on his rice to accompany his chicken and cashew meal. Eventually I saw one of the staff come in with a plastic container. From the table I could see into the kitchen where they took the food from the container and put it on a plate...which was then served to me. I had ordered a simple steamed chicken and rice and instead I got fried rice and chicken that contained a lot of bone. I ate it simply because I was hungry and then got out of there as soon as possible!

They sent a young girl out with the bill and after we paid she proceeded to wait around for a tip.... I have never felt less guilty about not tipping a restaurant!

On the plus side, their lemon juice wasn't bad

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Auckland
“Good food, great view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We went on the night of the Lantern Festival and were pleased to get a downstairs table that allowed us to have a great view of the bridge. It is a funny place, with the back bit being an internet cafe, but the waiter and waitress were both good and took our order quickly. The food did take a while to come but considering it was a very busy night we were not surprised. Once it came we were pleasantly surprised by the tastiness of two of the dishes (we ordered the Set Menu #1), the wonton soup and pork were fresh and really really good. The other dish (stuffed squid) was a bit bland but we did realise after we'd eaten it that there was some kind of condiment/sauce on the table and perhaps we were supposed to pour that on. My son (10) had a pizza and he thought it was pretty good. As our daughter (nearly 2) had fallen asleep before the food arrived we decided to leave before the fruit salad arrived, they put this in a takeout container for us despite our saying we didn't need it, and in hindsight it was lucky as she woke up starving and she wolfed down the mango before we went to breakfast. We were next to the table where the lady took the money was seated and we heard many (Western) couples say how delicious the food was.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mui Ne, Vietnam
“Whatever you do, don't go here!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We picked to go here as it looked nice as it was at the riverside and it was quite busy. We got seated upstairs and ordered a drink and food. As we were sitting waiting we could here complaints from the other tables in regards to the waiting time on food and the quality of the food. We waited 1 hour on a simple dish and had still not been served so decided to leave. Upon exit they didn't seem surprised. It is the kitchen staff that caused the problem as the waiter we had was great, got our drinks straight away when asked and seemed to have to deal with all the complaints. Overall Hoi An is great and there are tons of better restaurants. Don't waste your time here!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
meekatharra
“TASTY FOOD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We enjoyed our dinner here with tasty andfilling dishes. TheCabbage and Pork soup was abit bland, the Sweet and Sour Pork was tender and tasty. The Eight treasure Rice was served prettily, the Asparagus and Soup was very nice and the pineapple pancake was well above average. With the addition of the really cold two cokes and 1 beer to the above dishes the total was 275,000 Dong. Probrably one of the best locations in Hoi An as it is literally opposite the "Lantern" Bridge. Step up 2 steps to two outdoor tables with tableclothsandcandleson the table with internal seating as well. Their ca fe sua da is also delicious. Truly agreat place to sit andenjoy a bite and watch Hoi An walk by.

• Visited April 2013