“Very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 90 Hotels in Hoi An
Oslo
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We booked three rooms at this hotel as we planned to be in Hoi An centre for 4 nights.
The hotel is located just a couple of minutes walk to the city center. There is a bike rental just outside of the hotel which we used once going to the beach. (The bikes is not for tall persons I'm a afraid).
The rooms we had were located towards the backside of the hotel, not facing the river. The rooms was very nice and had lovely beds, the best we had in Vietnam. The bathroom was large. The only negative was the hancock in the backyard which woked us every morning very early. I guess this is nothing the hotel is to blame, but if I where to stay here again I would chose to pay the little extra for a river view room.
The breakfast was very nice. They even make dishes on request.
We even tried the restauarnt for lunch on our arrival day since the rooms was not yet ready for us. We waited 50 minutes from ordering untill our dishes came, which is a bit to long. The food tasted nicely thouh.
We used the shuttle service to the private beach some days, and that is a nice offer. Taking a taxi would not cost more than 90.000 VND anyway, so no problem at all.

The staff arranged airport taxi for us, and helped me prining out our boarding passes before leaving for the airport.

We would love to come back.

Room Tip: Pay the little extra to get a river view room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Phuhao, General Manager at Little Hoian Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Writer,

Our "little" TEAM feel very encouraged & motivated with your GREAT comments on everything during your recent stay with us and we can't be complacent, but still have a long way to go and our aim is to make any single guests who select our Little Hotel Chain as home away from home.

For the meal arrangement, we always use fresh vegetables and seafood, therefore some particular meals, especially Seafood dish, it will take a bit longer time as we need to buy the freshest one for our in-house guests to taste.

We look forward with pleasure to welcoming you & your friends back with us in the coming time.

John La

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed here for three nights with my mum at the end of July. Staff were very friendly, welcoming and helpful. The breakfast was excellent and included in the price. The pool was great for cooling off after walking the warm streets of the Old Quarter (though there aren't many sunlounges and the ambience is well...concrete...). Our room was on the ground floor with views of the bus stop next door, but was very large and clean. We appreciated the free water and fruit daily. I enjoyed being walking distance from the Old Quarter but not IN the Old Quarter so I recommend it for people who feel the same. Overall I thought it was just a little pricey, but I guess thats what you get in a tourist town. I would stay here again if someone else was paying, but as a budget traveller its not what you're looking for.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Phuhao, General Manager at Little Hoian Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Writer,

Lisa and our "little" TEAM feel very encouraged & motivated with your GREAT comments on everything during your recent stay with us and we can't be complacent, but still have a long way to go and our aim is to make any single guests who select our Little Hotel Chain as home away from home.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

There's an old saying that it's people that make a house, a home. Little Hoi An Boutique is the perfect example of how a hotel can achieve this. From Ting the driver from the airport who taught us useful Vietnamese phrases, Danny the chef who generally cares about what you think about his food, and the entire front of house team lead by Lisa and Thy who are everything you expect from the people of Hoi An with their smiles, great attitude, and constant greetings. It is not a case of them being told to say particular phrases which can happen in some hotels, instead they take a genuine interest in talking about your day and making sure you are enjoying your trip. The perfect example of this is two days into our 8 we mentioned that we only had a small view of the river from our ground floor room. 10 minutes later a room was found on a higher floor and we were moved. The actual hotel is still very new (9 months) and shows. It is decorated very tastefully, and has a great location on the river 5 minutes walk from the old town. Breakfast was excellent although some more variation would be appreciated after 8 days. The bed was probably the most comfortable that I've had in Vietnam and not the traditional rock. It is very compact with only a small pool, spa and facilities however this lives up to its boutique concept. All in all a fantastic little place and out of the 4 hotels I've stayed in Hoi An the most likely I would be to return. A special mention has to go to the maintenance all rounder Kem who despite his diminutive size provided the biggest smiles I've ever encountered. He also had the unfortunate experience of me coming back to the hotel after too many drinks and had to deal with the resulting clean up. For this I offered and continue to offer a thousand apologies however he did it with that same smile and even sourced a local oil to put on my stomach to make me feel better. One of those true hidden gems that makes a hotel so memorable.

Stayed August 2013
Dear Writer,

There is a Vietnamese saying that: "Dan Ong xay nha, Dan Ba xay to am" and you as our valued guests & our "little" TEAM here make our little Hoian Boutique hotel like a home.

Danny, Lisa, Thy and our "little" TEAM feel very encouraged & motivated with your GREAT comments on everything during your recent stay with us and we can't be complacent, but still have a long way to go and our aim is to make any single guests who select our Little Hotel Chain as home away from home.

Basel, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stay 3 days in this beautiful and charming hotel. I forget my money in the safe in HCM City.
The staff help me many time and i get my money back. The pool is small but we have free transfer to the next beautiful beach. The room was very nice decorated, something not see often.
Lisa, staff, help me many times and so i learn more about the culture from vietnam.
Thank you so mutch.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Phuhao, General Manager at Little Hoian Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 7, 2013

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

This was my first trip to Vietnam, and Central Vietnam (using Hoi An as a base) was a relatively good way of easing myself into it. This hotel was really the cherry on the parfait, a gem in all respects. Staying here for 8 days (26th July to 3rd August) was a real treat.

Hoi An is a special town, albeit touristy in many ways, but its people are the real stars of the show. They are friendly, gracious and charming and they make the visit worthwhile. Little Hoi An Hotel in this respect extends all these into the hospitality business. The staff, from the front desk to the restaurant to the drivers to the room cleaners, were all very nice, genuine and warm. I'm not going to name names for fear of missing some out (and making them think they weren't noticed) but suffice it to say that all the staff I encountered made me feel like I was returning home at the end of the day.

On one day, I fell il and got hit with the triple whammy of flu, fever and cough. Even before I could approach the front staff for help in calling a doctor, many of the staff here (from breakfast onwards) spontaneously asked if I was not feeling well, and if I needed help. After the doctor came and went, the restaurant below sent up porridge so I could have that with my medication. I recovered quickly the next day, but for days after, the staff kept asking if I felt okay and how I was. It seems everyone knew I was sick, and everyone actually cared. That was quite special really, I don't think I have ever seen that from a hotel before!

The hotel is located just a short walk away from the Old Quarter of Hoi An: this brings you to the touristy areas in 5 minutes, but provides you with a quiet haven away from the crowds when you need to rest. It is located on an islet so take some time to explore that as well as the rest of Hoi An. The night market is close by, as well as several cheap restaurants, so you don't have to feel as if you have to eat in the Old Quarter, where the prices are far more touristy. Most locals don't eat in the Old Quarter anyway, so it depends on what kind of experience you want really.

The services provided by the hotel are excellent. The breakfast is very good, although I would like to see them vary the menu more frequently. The room cleaning occurs twice a day, with the second being a turn down in the evening and they are promptly/efficiently carried out. The reception is always filled with smiling faces ever ready to help, including a tour desk should you need them. The hotel also provides a free shuttle back and forth to Cua Dai beach (3 times a day I think), but you can also get them to call you a taxi should the time you wish fall in the interval between the shuttle times. It doesn't take long (around 100, 000 Dong) since the beach is only 4 km away. Cua Dai is filled with mostly locals, and they hit the beach everyday at 5am for exercise and relaxation. An Bang beach, which is also in Hoi An, is mostly filled with Western tourists, so you decide where you want to go.

I really do miss the hotel already, and Hoi An as well. I'm a creature of habit, so I am already making plans to visit Hoi An next April, and without a doubt, I would stay at Little Hoi An again.

Room Tip: The river suite rooms are nice but at night, you will face firefly/dragonfly issues occasionally. Th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Phuhao, General Manager at Little Hoian Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 4, 2013

Napa, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We had a short stay late July 2013. A very nice hotel in a perfect location. Easy to find and a very short walk to the old quarter. The breakfast was outstanding and the staff very helpful. The pool also very nice. I reccomend selecting a room to the rear as many people gather every evening to eat and drink in the parking area to the left of the hotel. It is rather noisy. Also you should bring your own map of the city because the small maps available from hotels and travel agents are all either very limited or incorrect. All-in-all an excellent hotel in a wonderful city.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the left side of the hotel as they face a parking lot which hosts evening gatherings...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

From the moment we arrived at the Danang airport starting with our driver Tien to Rebecca who greeted us at hotel, we immediately felt special. All staff members were extremely attentive and friendly especially Lisa who gave me extra care and concern during a minor ailment I had, that came with a follow up phone call.. Days later I am still impressed and touched.
The breakfast was outstanding, the rooms clean, had no issues with wi-fi. We didn't use the pool instead opted for the bikes located outside the hotel for rentals of 40,000vnd/usd2.00 per bike and rode to the beach 20 min away.
Great hotel, location, value. Outstanding staff. I only gave 5 stars because giving 6 stars isn't an option.

Room Tip: Ask for river view room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

John La

Been to Little Hoian Boutique Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!