“Yoga on the beach” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 36 Attractions in Hoi An
Type: Health Clubs
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Beginner and intermediate level yoga classes either at the studio or outside by the river, for groups or individuals. Also available for reiki treatments.
“Yoga on the beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Very enjoyable experience. The instructor is very friendly and good at gauging and adjusting to different abilities/levels. Felt refreshed after! Having fresh fruit and hot tea served afterwards was a nice touch!

Madison, Wisconsin
“A wonderful week of yoga”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I fell in love ith Hoi An the minute I arrived. However finding a yoga community, especially with an instructor like Stephanie, made my travel experience in this vibrant city so much more awakened and appreciated. That being said, new students to yoga or those who have never tried should give it a go during your stay! Practicing yoga while you are traveling (or whenever, truthfully) is a great way to wake up to what is around you. Stephanie has a very calming presence yet her classes are as challenging as you chose to make them, while offering lot of variations for every body. I'm so happy to have had the chance to practice here in Vietnam, it added to my experience in Hoi an in a positive, great way.

New York
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Fantastic yoga right on the beach. The instructor is friendly and makes yoga accessible even to beginners.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Great yoga teacher....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have traveled throughout south east asia, taking yoga classes along the way wherever I found an English speaking teacher and Stephanie is by far the best teacher I have come across yet.

I took both hatha and the yin classes at the beach and indoors, each were great. Yoga on the beach was a memorable experience listening to the sounds of the waves and the sand really helped find a comfortable position when holding poses for long periods. I also got to try yoga nidra in one of the classes and having liked it so much, Stephanie gave me a cd with a couple of sessions on so I can try in my own time.

As well as having a good knowledge of yoga she has a wealth of knowledge about the local area places to eat, drink, reliable drivers etc, always useful when arriving in a new town.

I would highly recommend Stephanie's classes to anyone who wants to do any yoga whilst in Hoi An.

Bern
“Made me extend my hoi an stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stephanie is an excellent hatha and yin yoga instructor. I usually do fast paced yoga and thought that yin yoga is rather suitable for pregnant women or people who want to sleep some more ;) But Stephanie's yin class convinced me otherwise. It was a one and a half hour class, so long enough to really get into it. The way she taught it it really made me ease into the poses and relax completely, and therefore get much deeper into them than I sometimes do with active stretches. I felt great afterwards! The hatha class was also great, hard enough to get the system going but still adjusted to the heat of the day, so I left there fresh and happy.
Unfortunately I was not able to try the beach yoga but I'm sure it's just as convincing.
Yoga with Stephanie was amazing and I recommend it to anyone staying in hoi an, even if it's only for a day. If you've never done yoga before, try it anynway, as she always gives position variations for every level.

Visited May 2013