“Wait an hour and a half for your meal, and then throw it up later” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Raw Energy Cafe - CLOSED

Raw Energy Cafe
44 Cua Dai St, Hoi An, Vietnam
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Vegan
“Wait an hour and a half for your meal, and then throw it up later”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I are fitness geeks, and no strangers to raw food. After getting a terrible tummy bug in Cambodia, I had just let my guard down as my boyfriend has been coming to ho Hoi An for years, and had never been sick before. We arrived at raw energy to find the most expensive meals I have seen in Vietnam so far,despite the fact that we have had some 5 star meals in town. The staff informed us that only 2 options from the menu were available. We both chose the mushroom tart and a green smoothie, and waited for our healthy treat to arrive. And waited. And waited. We waited an hour and a half before our meal finally arrived...a large bowl of uninspiring salad and a small pile of morning glory and mushrooms on a seed base. Dutifully, we ate our meal, paid, and tried to put the experience behind us. As a budget traveller, it always stings to be charged so much for food which is so average. To make matters worse, we have both been very sick since eating at this restaurant. I highly recommend not eating at this revolting establishment...unless you need to lose a few kilos from food poisoning...

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Hoi An, Vietnam
“Bursting with life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I was amazed to find this place. I've eaten and had the smoothies at Raw Energy a couple of times now. Each time the quality is excellent and everything is delicious. I usually do the Hoi An yoga class there first and once we're finished our smoothies and lunch are waiting for us. It has a great view of the river which also gives us a beautiful breeze. I always leave feeling totally refreshed and healthy.

Visited June 2013
Sydney
“healthy and tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Dien the manager is charming - the food is beautiful - sit down the back and watch the river. A little oasis.

Visited June 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Slice of Hevan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We found Raw Energy accidently when cycling from Hoi An to the beach...and what an amazing discovery. I love the food and the green smoothie...translated as the only multivitamin you'll every need in the morning, is my absolute favorite....just wish they cam in take-away cups. You won't be disappointed!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious healthy, tasty vegetarian food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Best vegetarian lasagna I have ever tasted and it was without pasta and cheese. Awesome. Carol is lovely too. Will be back tomorrow for more. It is expensive but I don't mind when the quality and taste justifies it. This place is far better than Karma Waters which serves greasy, overpriced food.

• Visited May 2013