“Great service and great value” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 74 things to do in Hoi An
More attraction details
Owner description: Aobaba is a Hoi An family business which has been established for many generations. We continually improve and modernise our techniques and we make sure we keep up to date with fashion trends.Aobaba, the tailors where customers will receive professional and friendly service. We will look after your wardrobe needs when you are in our shop but also when you go home. We keep your measurements for a minimum of three years and you will be able to order from where ever you are."
London, United Kingdom
35 attraction reviews
“Great service and great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My husband and I had clothes made here and at Kimmys and are equally happy with both places! The staff at Aobaba are wonderful; really helpful and not at all pushy with sales.

This was the first place we came to and we were given bottles of water and cold towels when we arrived and then shown designs. After selecting designs, I chose the material and they gave me a quote. As I had nothing to compare to, I said I would be back and there was no pressure at all - they told me to come back at my leisure. After asking around at others, I returned and ordered a dress. When I returned for fitting the next day, I was so happy I ordered another one and my husband ordered a wool coat and a shirt. The service was amazing throughout and they let you have as many fittings as you want until you are happy with the final product. The staff are also very knowledgable and help you with selecting materials for different items, advising when they think materials may not work.

I am delighted with my items from here and will definitely be back when I return t Hoi An!

Visited January 2013

Australia
“Great Value for Money!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I had a dress sewed in Aobaba and another made in Kimmy and the one I got in Aobaba definitely turned out better! What made Aobaba my preferred choice include the fact that there are just so much more cloth to choose from. Believe me, this makes a lot of difference especially if it's a dress you are after! Regardless of how beautiful the design is, if the cloth is unattractive, it just really spoils the whole effect. So a word of advice will be to have a quick look at the available materials before going through the design with the tailor (for Kimmy it's only on the 1st floor but with Aobaba, they have more stuff on the 2nd level).

Do make time for about 2 fittings to be safe! By the first fitting I felt assured that I was in good hands as I could already tell that the fit was close to perfect. When I requested for a minor change Wendy was quick to note and agree, no fuss at all! She told me to return for my 2nd fitting in about 3 hours and it was all done by then. I was pleased as punch with the end result and am planning to get a few more dresses made to be shipped to Australia. Yay for great service and delivery!

Visited January 2013
Newcastle, Australia
“Beverley R”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I both had clothes made at AoBaBa. The experience for both of us was worry free and so pleasant. The two young women, Hanna and Rebecca,, who looked after us were very pleasant, had good product knowledge, offered good suggestions and above all were not "pushy." Fittings happened on time, and we were impressed by Hanna and Rebecca"s critical appraisal of every detail during fitting. As a result the final product was perfect! Price was wonderful too!

Visited November 2012
Sydney, Australia
“AoBaBa the best in Hoi An”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

AoBaBa was recommended to me by a Vietnamese contact who has clothes made there and I was very happy with the service and the clothes I had made.

Cathy was assigned to help me with my choices and she was so sweet and knew her stuff. The service was exceptional. She assisted me in choosing fabric for four dresses, two silk singlets and one pair of pants. She even organised for one my existing items to be repaired for no charge.

The choice of fabrics was great - I chose a number of beautiful silks, chiffons and jersey. Other friends I was travelling with were also very happy with the fabrics and their clothes. I also saw men having beautiful wool suits made and they looked great!

I loved the whole experience - going in for fittings, watching the women mark up alterations, the cool airconditioning and water they supplied. The vibe was definitely one of a happy and fun workplace.

Cathy took all my measurements and AoBaBa keep these on file in case I would like anything else made and sent to me in Australia in the future.

Even if you only get one piece made, the experience is definitely one to have while in Hoi An.

Visited September 2012
Brisbane, Australia
“Excellent Tailored Clothes in Vietnam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

From my first visit, the staff at Aobaba impressed with their friendliness and professionalism. From the initial greetings through to exploring options, the great range of material and the fitting process, they were sincerely wanting to meet our needs in a non-pushy way. We were very happy with quality and price of all the tailored clothes, including casual to formal, and will return straight there if back in Vietnam again. All the ladies were so friendly and helpful, but a special thank you to Wendy in particular for great service!

Visited August 2012