We stayed at the end of February and were very disappointed. I can understand people's positive reviews - the beach is lovely and the sea front location cannot be disputed but for us the hotel simply wasn't up to standard. We moved after 2 nights (we were meant to stay for 8) as issues and problems kept coming.
Our doubled glazed cocoon suite was spacious but various things did not work - door out to the garden didn't work, lights did not work, bath looked old and grey and there were problems with the aircon. Early in the evening on our first night the bar over the road from the hotel had a party and the music was so loud it kept our 2 1/2 year old awake. The hotel offered to move us to another suite on the opposite side of the hotel which we did however there were still problems - faulty lights, the bath plug didn't work and looked older than the previous bath, the shower stand wobbled dangerously, wicker mats on the wall of bathroom flapped in the wind and then in the night the power went off for 3+ hours so no fan or air con (electricity upgrade). There was a huge cockroach outside our room and in the morning small droppings on our patio outside. Either side of the hotel is waste land with no real effort to hide it.
The swimming pool is nice but once when we were there rubbish (plastic bottles and litter) were left poolside for 2+ hours whilst the pool boys did little more than give out towels. Food was left on tables until we got up – service was at times slow and whilst friendly not professional. Breakfast was varied - served in a large room with little character or charm (felt more Greek 2* restaurant). As a previous reviewer said there was a school trip of 60+ kids staying – to be fair to them they were well behaved but that has to tell you where the hotel now pitches itself.
I know this review goes against all the other good ones but in our opinion this resort is not maintained enough, the service whilst friendly was clunky, rooms have too many faults and management no where to be seen. Whilst I started my review off by saying I understand the positive reviews I am also confused by them. If you are looking for great service, lovely rooms, management in bars and restaurants overseeing service to make sure it is of an excellent standard, cleanliness & a hotel that prides itself on these things then stay at the Nam Hai – we moved and wished we had not wasted 2 days at the Victoria. If not then stay here – one unexpected slide down the strangely steep bridges over the water ways or sitting on a damp cushion at dinner you may wish you hadn’t.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Hoi An, splendor of the past Annam, a most charming town listed as a World Heritage site by UNESCO. Explore the vestiges of a glorious Cham past. Located along the unique private beach of white sand, Victoria Hoi An Beach Resort & Spa replicates a traditional fishing village with small streets, water ponds and village houses with clay-tiled roofs, providing a warm and restful environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Otel, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Victoria Hoi An Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Hoi An Beach Hotel Hoi An
- Victoria Hoi An Beach Resort And Spa