“Be careful!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #94 of 95 Hotels in Hoi An
bham
“Be careful!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The hotel itself is not too bad, the pool is fairly clean, our room had a good shower and the breakfast is pretty good value....BUT while we were here (4 days) we heard of 4 separate incidents where things were stolen from people's room. After reading a few more comments on trip advisor it's clear it's far rom the first time! The guests involved were upset but polite and after asking 'management' for help they were completely dismissed and called liars. The police were called, who looked like they'd seen it all before, but the poor tourists couldn't prove anything. There isn't a great feeling to the hotel, if you need a place to crash for a night or two it isn't bad value (although rooms are humid and sticky!) but I'd be really careful with anything you leave in the room!!!

Room Tip: Locks, keys and chains :)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Hanoi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and it was THE WORST STAY EVER. We were put in a dingy room at the back of hotel next to the kitchen, which was covered in cockroaches. Our room was dirty, we had ants everywhere and the room was damp and humid. The staff were rude and unfriendly, they know NOTHING of customer service. We were overcharged as we later found out our friends were paying less than us for a much nicer room. But none of this compares to the fact my friend's camera stolen from Our locked room. When we realised that it had been stolen we informed the manager who did nothing!!!he shouted at us for waking him up , (this was about 11pm) we asked to use the phone to call the police as we did not have a phone, he wanted to charge us an extortionate amount so we ended up having to walk through hoi an trying to find the police station at 12 o'clock at night. To cut a long story short, two of the women who work at the hotel were taken to the police station and it after hours of questioning, it has now transpired that one of the cleaners stole the camera and we are now in the process of having it returned. Whilst at the police station, an American couple turned up as their MacBook had been stolen from the same hotel on the same day. DO NOT STAY HERE!!! I cannot stress this enough!! Hoi Am is a beautiful city and places like this ruin its reputation.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
sheffield
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Absolutely shocking from start to finish, dirty hot room and charged more than our mates for the same room. The staff are incredibly rude and unhelpful. I had my camera stolen from my room by the cleaning staff and they refused to help me, even trying to charge me to ring the police from their phone. They say that it's not there responsibility if you leave things in your room but its locked and we had the key so could only have been their staff. I asked to put my camera in the safe the previous day & the very rude manager just left it on the side behind reception not locked up so hence why I left it in my room. We got the police involved and are retrieving our items but another couple staying there had there iMac stolen the same day at the same time. They get the bus companies to drop people in there car park which is the only reason people go there. Never ever stay here

• Stayed March 2013
Helsinki, Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I was brought in to this hotel when wandering on the streets and looking for a place to stay. For the price and location room was ok compared to the other hotels I'd been seen on my way in Hoi An. Not the cleanest place, but really ok for the price. Noisy, when people were coming home in the night. Breakfast was ok for the price as well, but the lady making the omelettes was even more rude than the man in the reception. Lady at the reception was very friendly and nice in the beginning, but her attitude changed when she realized I wasn't going to use the tailor they would get commissions from.

I was traveling solo, and booked a taxi from the reception to Danang airport at 4 am, since my flight was at 6 am. I wasn't picked up by a taxi but instead the oldest car I've ever seen, with doors almost falling off when opened. Since I was alone, I didn't feel safe there even though he did take me straight to the airport anyway. Next time I would definitely just book a taxi myself!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
C
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

When the hostels we wanted in HoiAn were booked, we walked around looking for an available room. A man with fliers told us we could get a private room with 2 beds and a private bathroom here for $15USD/night. The man working the counter was super friendly and so helpful! He checked us in and got us into a room in minutes and gave us a map and showed us where to go to enjoy HoiAn on a budget (we were backpacking) - his recommendations were great. He helped us with bus tickets and even dealt with a local travel agent who we were working with for us. The room was very basic and not the cleanest place in the world, but having spent so many nights in hostel dorm rooms, this was pure luxury to us! There wasn't any hot water, but again, not something we were expecting having been in so many hostels. THe location was EXCELLENT - only a few minutes walk from everything in Old Town and the river, and still nice and quiet at night. Bring your own towels and steer clear of the murky pool. I would recommend this to anyone traveling on a backpackers budget.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The location and rooms are ok but save your self the headache and hassle from the staff. They are rude and they solve most problems by saying if you don't like it, leave my hotel. They also own the restaurant across the street were the bad service continues.

• Stayed February 2013
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Had to move here as our amazing previous hostel could not accommodate us extending our stay again! Only came here for convenience as close to the other hostel.

Room rate was ok & we were lucky no other scams or problems but my god the room stank. Really damp & moldy, super hard (even for Asian standards) & a pillow thinner than a pancake. Thank god we were only there one night!

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Thien Trung Hotel? Share your experiences!