“A great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #117 of 324 Shopping in Hoi An
Hanoi
“A great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I was a little nervous getting a dress made for me, and especially the one I picked out of the many books they have. I needn't have been. The girl who measured me was so professional and began cutting the material while I was still there. I still don't know how my dress came out so well with no pattern only a picture to follow. The service was fantastic, we had 2 fittings and I never felt afraid to say what I wanted altered. I will definitely return here, with empty suitcases the next time ;-)

Fort Collins, Colorado
5 attraction reviews
“Highly Recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband had a suit made here and I had a shirt made. We were very happy with the finished products as we were with the excellent service. They made his suit, a shirt and my shirt in less than 24 hours. My shirt had beautiful buttons made out of ribbons and hand embroidery on it. They were very professional and the quality was very good!

Visited November 2012
London, United Kingdom
“very pleased with the result”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

On a recent trip to Hoi An, I had $450 worth of clothes tailor-made at phuoc an silk(recommended by my hotel) and I am very pleased with my clothes. The first session was picking out my clothes designs and fabrics and then there were 4-5 fittings over 2 and a half days. The woman that helped me was very pleasant and she made great suggestions regarding fabric choices/colors that worked on me and styling choices. They had fashoin pictures on hand, but I was glad I brought my own pictures so that I could get exactly the styles I wanted, it was no trouble for them to copy the pictures I brought. I had a lovely business suit made, it was important that it looked of great quality, like something that I had purchased at a high end store in the US, and it really does - in addition, it fits so perfectly! I also got very beautiful silk clothing made - shirts, skirt, dress, a Vietnamese style dress. Go for it, you'll be happy you did!

Visited September 2012
New York City, New York
“excellent, highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I bought a suit and 2 shirts from Phuoc An silk. The suit now has pride of place in my wardrobe! The shirts were a copy of a shirt I took into them - they replicated it in 2 colours in 6 hours! My tips would be make sure you know what you want before you go in and take pictures if you can (although they have extensive catalogues and web-connected computers for customers in store), and consider having something copied, I was amazed by the way they copied the shirt I took in. Also ensure you leave enough time for 3-4 fittings. I had a lot of alterations which they did without question.

Visited September 2012
Los Angeles, California
5 attraction reviews
“Buy Your Custom Made Clothes Here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I'm super surprised no one has reviewed this place. I think there are some reviews under "Phuoc An Silk Shop" and reviews for the hotel, where I stayed (it's good). The clothing shop is basically the same place. They are right across from each other.

If you're staying at their hotel, you will have a discount, and I highly recommend this place. Compared to other clothing shops we visited, Phuoc An had much better service and were very trustworthy. It was worth a few extra dollars to pay a tad bit more for better, friendlier service.

The quality of the dresses and the suits that they made were fantastic. I got two dresses made by them and went in for several fittings. They turned out great! My friend also got two dresses made, and our boyfriends got suits. All are excellent.

Oh, and it took 2-3 days to get everything made. We weren't in a rush though. I'd allow at least two days in Hoi An if you are looking to get custom-made clothes.

Definitely go here!