July Sunrise Hoi An Beach Resort- 2012.
Ugly hotel, full of disappointment.
1.check in \ check out
On arrival the hotel blocked amount on the card to pay for accommodation for the entire stay , but other than that the hotel blocked an additional amount at the rate of $ 30 per day in case of its use inside. If we do not spend all money(30$ per day), the rest was promised to be return. Thats, in my opinion, is extremely irresponsible act for a five-star hotel and more than that is not accepted practice in the hospitality industry.
Upon expiry of our stay at the residence, at the time of payment, staff were not able to write off the amount less, than was blocked (because we spent less than $ 30 per day).
As a result, we had to pay the hotel with the another card, blocked amount was promised to return within 3 days, however, 1 month has passed before the money was returned.
No written or verbal apology from the hotel were reported.
So, to stay in this "perfect" hotel, it is desirable to have multiple . financial resources.
The hotel is situated on the outskirts of the coast, so the beach is significantly less than others and even less than the free public beach.
The sand on the beach worse than near other hotels (such as Boutique Hoi An Resort) and at the public beach. The sand is larger, there are many rocks, and garbage is not removed from the beach.The entire coastline is lined with sandbags, the sandbags here and go to sea, forming small bays.Apparently, this was done that the waves are not eroded the sand or the beach at the hotel is completely unmade.
As a result, when you are looking at the sea from anywhere in the hotel, or looking at the hotel from the sea, there are visible sandbags, many of them have already been covered green slime and algae from contact with water and they are spreading the algae around.
As a result, the sea at the hotel Sunrise Hoi An Beach Resort is dirtier than anywhere else on the coast (for example,city beach, Boutique Hoi An Resort).
Play with the kids along the surf line is uncomfortably. There are uncomfortable sunbeds, sitting position is not provided. Staff does not take away from the beach tables bottles and glasses to 1p.m. Sunbeds and umbrellas are located very close to each other.
Staff cheeky and very concerned about getting tip. Knowledge of English is much lower than average. 30% of the staff goes with disgruntled, angry faces and no greeting, no smiles. Staff uniform is made in six variants of which three options are for waiters, can be confusing. Uniform looks very messy and cheap.
Life guard at the pool or the sea appears sporadically and do other things.
4. Swimming pool
On site there are 2 swimming pools: one with a panoramic view of the sea, the maximum depth of 1.3 m (the view overshadow bags with sand and mud) and a large swimming pool at the beach restaurant, max depth 1.65 m. It is impossible to be near the large pool after 12:00 p.m. due to the strong smell of food from the beach restaurant. In some places pools already have repulsed tiles, sharp angles and a side of the pool, there is a risk injury. Sides of the pool are very slippery, it is easy to fall. Ladder to enter the pool are also uncomfortable. The pool cleaning is often in the day time.
5. Towels at the pool and the beach are always available, they are large size and can be taken at will.
6. The hotel territory.
Best view on the area is from the balcony, because when you are on the ground floor it is impossible to feel prospects. The look constantly stops into something:a delimiter for swimming pools children and adult , the beach restaurant, the closely spaced umbrellas and sunbeds, the trees. Despite the fact, that the area Sunrise Hotel is not less than, for example, the area Boutique Hoi An Resort, and maybe more, the feeling of tightness does not leave. To admire the green lawn due to architecture of the hotel and the presence of broad asphalt tracks is problematic.
7. Interior and rooms
It looks worse than the picture on the Internet. It seems to have everything, everything in its place, but the effect is not the same. Perhaps this is due to the use of special lighting during filming. King size bed about 1.8 * 2.0 m.
Breakfasts are delicious and varied, a large selection of baking ... but it is impossible to enjoy them, because atmosphere reigning on breakfasts reminds Vietnamese station: very hot, a lot of people, the constant buzz of voices. The waiters are trying to put all closer to each other, if you will not ask for another place. Coffee or tea can be held for a long time. We had to had breakfast at 1h 30min later, to eat in silence.
9. There is a children's club, we did not use it
10. The bus service runs to the city five times a day at a very inconvenient schedule, forcing hotel guests (not just us) always use a taxi. In addition, it is necessary to make a 1 hour pre-recording before you are going to take a bus. For comparison, at the Boutique Hoi An Resort bus runs 7 times a day, without any pre-recording, very comfortable, we did not use taxi at all.
11. There is a free shuttle bus to and from airport, very comfortable.
Summary: The hotel is big, ugly, it is better suited for a corporate holiday, because it does not care where to rest, when other pay for you. The level of service does not correspond to five stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly positioned along the popular Cua Dai Beach, Sunrise Hoi An. Boasting 222 rooms, suites and beachfront villas, guests are pampered with all the residential touches of home.The resort offers 2 Restaurants and 2 Bars, Kids Club with special design activities for our young guests. 2 oversized Swimming Pools, SPA, state of the art Gymnasium and a wide range of free activities, such as Tai-Chi, Bycicles and a range of Water Sport Activities.Further facilities are:- 24 hours Coffeeshop/Restaurant and Room Service- Speciality Restaurant featuring Vietnamese Specialities and Seafood Tanks- Bar with international Live Music Band- Pool and other Games- Hard Surface Tennis Court- Library- Complimentary Coffee & Tea Brewing Amenities- In-Room Safe- 40 inch LCD Televisions with international Programs- Rain Shower- Custom SPA Toiletries- Hair Dryer- Scale- In-House Laundry- Currency Exchange- Boutique Shop- Airport Transfers- Excursion and Activity ConciergeLocated only a 10-minute drive from the resort you will discover Hoi An a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sunrise Hoi An Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.