“A real gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Loc Phat Hoi An Homestay-Villa

You added Loc Phat Hoi An Homestay-Villa to your Saves list
Loc Phat Hoi An Homestay-Villa
2.0 of 5 Guest house   |   420 Cua Dai Street, Cam Chau Ward, Hoi An, Quang Nam, Hoi An, Vietnam   |
Ranked #17 of 130 Hoi An B&B and Inns
London
“A real gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Our stay with Linh and her family in their brand new guesthouse has been absolutely wonderful. Delightful and very clean bright rooms, tastefully furnished. Delicious breakfast. And more so than anything, Linh and Rocky's hospitality has been incredible, they invited us for lunar New Year's Eve lunch which was great, and Linh also cooked us dinner one evening. 20 minute walk to town, and further to the beach, but the walk to town is fine and you can cycle it no problem. Very lucky to have stayed here.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Penang Island, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed at Locphat Hoi An Homestay for four nights and was thoroughly pleased with everything there. The location was great for me as it is midway between the old quarter and the beach, both of which could easily be reached by bike or scooter. The property is fairly new. It is pleasant, clean, and feels like home. The rooms are spacious and very modern with comfortable beds, A/C,TV, fridge and a private shower. Another plus about this homestay is the delicious breakfast. Guests make their selections from the menu, and the staff prepares it promptly. Lastly, my stay in Hoi An will be even more memorable because of Linh and her husband. They are the warmest, most attentive and helpful hosts I've encountered during my trip. This is definitely a high quality selection.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

If you are expecting a genuine homestay experience then look elsewhere, but as a hotel Loc Phat was very nice. The rooms are very stylishly decorated (although there are no doors to the toilet which might be awkward if traveling with a partner!). The staff is really sweet and the breakfast was nice. It is located away from the center of town and I ended up moving to a hotel closer to the city center, but it's only a 10 minute bike ride so it's still pretty close. However, be careful riding your bike back to the hotel after dark as the road is quite busy and I had a few scares along the way!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor as the first floor rooms have no privacy
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We had a great time at Locphat Homestay. The staff was very friendly and did their best to make our stay as comfortable as possible. The room was nicely done up and completely new furnished. The location is good too as it is close to the city center and to the beach (both about 10min. by bike). One little minus: the bikes were not included in the price as we read on the webpage before. But 1USD per day was bearable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Echt te gek. Very good rooms and Linh and Rocky are so nice and helpfull.... unbelievable . We celebrated new years eve with the staff and guests and they made a wonderfull dinner for us. They also helped us with booking a great motorbike tour to Hue.

• Stayed December 2012
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My fiance and I originally booked 4 nights with Linh and Rocky at Loc Phat Homestay. From our first encounter she was pleasant, uppity and reassuring. We thought that we would be in the homestay, however they were just finishing up construction on their new site, a hybrid hotel/homestay of sorts where we would have interaction with the family and their employees, but staying in our own private room - with great water pressure and hot water, air condition, international TV channels and super clean decor. However, the real joys are within the city and people of Hoi An. With Linh's assistance we discovered market vendors, food stuff and "best of" sites that made us extend our stay to 6 nights, and then to 9. She made many attempts to make our stay pleasant, getting to know us, making a full-on New Year's dinner, on top of all her responsibilities at her full-time job and her pregnancy!

For us the location was perfect, halfway to the beach and to the old town; we could easily rent bicycles or a motorbike for the day (through the homestay), and escape to the secluded homestay property when the touring or eating was over.

I'd say that the value for the money is well worth it, and the opportunity to meet this family will easily put the homestay at the top of your Vietnam memories.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Arrived in Dec 2012 and stayed for 2 nights.

Location is a lil bit far from town but just nice for me (and everyone else I think) as it is in between Hoi An town and Cua Dai beach; adding to the fact that the location is more quiet and peaceful as compared to town at night. Had a great time talking to Linh and family who are very friendly and helpful. I was even invited for a home-cook dinner on my second night here. We had some beer and a great chat after dinner; just what you need in a town like Hoi An: RELAX and chill.

Definitely a good stay and experience; especially after nights of staying in hotels.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Loc Phat Hoi An Homestay-Villa? Share your experiences!