“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Loc Phat Hoi An Homestay-Villa

You added Loc Phat Hoi An Homestay-Villa to your Saves list
Loc Phat Hoi An Homestay-Villa
2.0 of 5 Guest house   |   420 Cua Dai Street, Cam Chau Ward, Hoi An, Quang Nam, Hoi An, Vietnam   |
Ranked #17 of 111 Hoi An B&B and Inns
Hong Kong, China
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We (3 female friends) only had one night in Hoi An, and to stay in the Locphat was a great expereince. We arrived to generous hospitality from the house keeper, offering us guavas and showing us to our basic, but comfortable, rooms. The bikes were rent free and it was an enjyoable 10 minute cycle to the centre of the old town. The bathroom was nice, the rooms were air conditioned and Lin was incredibly friendly when we met her. She got us a car to Da Nang and was helpful with all our questions. I wish I could've stayed longer.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Booked three nights with Linh and her family. Ended up staying four and would happily have stayed a whole week if our schedule allowed. Linh and her husband were wonderful hosts and couldn't help us enough. Linh cooked dinner for us and heer family one night (the best cao lao I had in Hoi An) and even bought me a Vietnamese coffee maker after I told her that I was enjoying ca phe. On our last night we had to get up at 4am to go to the airport and guess what, Linh was there to make sure the taxi arrived and that we got away safely. Wonderful woman and all this while being 6 weeks pregnant. First three nights we stayed in a basic room with no bathroom which was fine for us and only cost 12 dollars a night. For our last night we moved to the en suite room for 16 dollars and it is amazing! So big and has all mod cons of a hotel! Get that one if it's free. I would recommend anyone to stay with Linh when visiting Hoi An. Only a 10 min cycle to the beach or the town along one easy road. If I am ever back in Hoi An I will be looking to stay here again - of perhaps in the guesthouse they are currently building a few doors down.

• Stayed November 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Staying with Linh and her family was definitely a highlight of my Vietnam visit. Yes the home is not in the center of town but honestly it was not a problem: I rented a bike for 1$/day and it only takes 5 minutes to reach town. The home was very comfortable and I really enjoyed spending dinner time with Linh and her family. She is a fantastic cook and her husband and children are so lovely and fun to talk to! My room had a queensize bed with a fan and a TV. It was very clean and comfortable. The shared bathroom on the first floor was also very clean and had everything I needed. The maid was very sweet and even washed and dried my shirt that got soaked during a rain storm...and I didn't even ask her too! During dinner we sampled lots of local cuisine and Linh shared lots of interesting facts about vietnamese culture. On the second day I was invited by her husband and some of his work friends to have dinner with them at home. Again, it was a fantastic meal and the company was even better! I'm happy I found the Loc Phat Homestay and highly recommend it to anyone that wants a comfortable place to stay and also interested in learning a bit more about Vietnamese culture. On my last day, Linh even arranged for a family friend to take me back to the Danang train station by car for a fraction of the cost of a private taxi. I really appreciated this gesture!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Petaling Jaya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

When my friends and I planned for this trip, we had no idea where we would stay. I came across Loc Phat Homestay through tripadvisor . Read the reviews and it was appealing so I wrote Linh some mails. Right from the start, she was so responsive, answered all my queries and so we decided that we would embark on this homestay. She had someone arranged to pick us from the airport and brought us to her place. She was there to meet us and made us feel very welcome. She helped us in organising our trip to Hue and also My Son. She recommended a good tailor and got us excellent local coffee, vietnamese fish sauce and also their lovely chillie sauce. It must be made clear that Linh and her husband hold full time jobs but they are always there in the evening.They will be most willingly answer all queries and help in anything you need. On the first day of our arrival, we went out and when we returned, the taxi driver dropped at the wrong house. We got one the residents in the vicinty to call Linh and her husband came to our rescue and escorted us 4 ladies back safely. This was a very touching gesture .By the next day, we knew our way back without any difficulty. The seaside was excellent. The homestay is midway between the Cu Dai beach and Old Hoi An.Linh cooked us a lovely dinner on our last night and we met up with the other residents too. Had a great time. The rooms are simple and if you are an easy going person, then try Loc Phat. We would certainly make another visit sometime in the near future. Great place for tailoring and making shoes/sandals/slip ons. Thank you Linh for making our stay so pleasant and enjoyable.

Helen Lopez Malaysia

Room Tip: Ask for the room upstairs with the attached bathroom as the other rooms have no attached bathroom.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We were looking for a Vietnamese Home experience in booking at Loc Phat, however we realise now that Ms Linh and her husband run this more as a boarding house than a home stay as we understand them. We had a nice large clean private room with en suite and air conditioning. Everything worked well including fridge television and other appliances. Judging by some of the other comments I think people need to realize this is not hotel style accommodation and that the tariffs reflect that. We found the owners very relaxed and approachable and admired their drive and entrepreneurial efforts. It was a good location between Cu dai beach and old Hoi an, and the free use of the bicycles was a great way of getting around and added to our total experience having not done much in the way of cycling in recent years.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hue, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Book at Loc Phat Homestay in a business trip to Hoi An, it was a good choice. Located in a quiet alley ( 2kms to the central ) was a lovely homestay which I felt immediatly a home. Ms Linh - The owner made my stay smoothly with supplying everything I need. Room was simply but warm and nicely decorated. Wifi works well. A thing I love in this homestay is the amazing book collection. If you are looking for a quiet, cheap and friendly place in Hoi An, Loc Phat Homestay is a right choice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Hoi An, Vietnam
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Owners were never there to give information,not even to return my passport when I left. I texted them, but they never answered. There was no aircon in my room (although promised) and in other rooms it wasn't working. There were no sheets on my bed and the towel should have been thrown away months ago. The lady also promised to arrange a transfer to Danang station, but I never saw a car coming. I had to pay the maid (because the owners weren’t there and she had no change, so I was forced to tip! I am starting to think that all the positive reviews come from personnal friends of them... If I ever go back to Hoi An, I wil NOT be staying AT THIS PLACE!

Room Tip: If you are really hopeless and have to stay here, ask to see the room first, and check if evrything...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Locphat H, Owner at Loc Phat Hoi An Homestay-Villa, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear David,

Thank you again for your time to reviews us on two pages the same thing,, the true is always true so you did good thing you will get good thing in the life. I no need to explain any more about this. You thought that others reviews from my friends is wrong 100%, they are so wonderful guests and we are so happy to have them and welcoming them come back my House to stay with our House or New Guest House in 2013.

Thank you for taking the time to write and thanks for pointing out how you feeling community experience.

We are very confident that we currently deliver the service and experience for sharing local people and how Hoi An culture. Our location might be inconvenient for those who prefer to stay closer to city touristy areas but perfect for those who are looking for some quietness and getting culture of local people experience. During 10 minutes cycle to town and 10 to beach I think not too far in Hoi An. We are also very clear about it before booking.
We are local Homestay area. We are clear on our page of room with AC & witout AV and bathroom and no bathroom. Hygiene is very important to us. Rooms are cleaned daily. Most of our guests actually think they are lovely

Thank you once again for your comments and we hope to welcome you again in the future.

Linh and Quoc Family

Been to Loc Phat Hoi An Homestay-Villa? Share your experiences!