“Perfectly fitted clothes at great value” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #43 of 326 Shopping in Hoi An
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hong Kong, China
“Perfectly fitted clothes at great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Ms Forget Me Not is superb! I got 11 dresses and 3 pencil skirts made. I ordered more after I had my first fitting due to the excellent work Ms FMN and her sisters did for me and my husband. These are all one piece dresses with a mix of work dresses and wrap dresses average USD40 each. Need to allow 3 days at least for all the fitting and alterations to be done. The only thing is they don't have too much fabrics to choose from but they can bring you to their shop (also family run) in the cloth market where there are more choices. My husband is very happy with his suits, he got 3 made slim fit and also work shirts. We will definitely come back the next time we come here!

Visited December 2013

Dublin
8 attraction reviews
“Very disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I did my research on tripadvisor before I arrived in Hoi An, gave myself three days for fittings as advised and wanted a ladies business suit for work and a winter coat. Three fittings later the coat was fine, the dress too tight, but I could do with losing a a couple of lbs and then it will be fine the skirt is good. The trousers hang crooked but the suit jacket, which is the key piece of the suit is awful. The lining is still hanging below the jacket, The buttons holes were made too high on the jacket and it gapes. It doesn't sit flat and yet it was remade twice. No amount of the sisters pulling and poking the jacket was going to make any difference. It was like wearing a straight jacket I couldn't bend my elbows.They may have been the best tailors in Hoi An at some stage but they no longer do any sewing. It's farmed out. The woman who sewed my jacket I was told the most experienced and then they rang her husband to come and look to fix it, like he did with the coat, and he wasn't available. The front was remade once again, not a better fit The last 4th or 5th stressful fitting was 10pm at my hotel, my husband was about to flip so I said OK to prevent an argument. 307$ later and without the jacket it's useless. So we made our way in first thing next morning on the way to catch our flight to get the material to remake the jacket back home, they still wanted to fix it. Buyer beware.

Sydney, Australia
“Amazing clothes, good value, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I had read a review about Miss Forget-Me-Not's tailoring genius while we were in Hoi An. At the time the review was written, Miss Forget-Me-Not was still operating in a tiny stall in the Hoi An markets. It was by accident that we stumbled across her newly opened shop at 37 Phan Chau Trinh on the second last day of our stay in Hoi An. By that point, we had already been to a few tailors, with some mixed results, so we were a little apprehensive. However, Miss Forget-Me-Not and her sisters lived up to their proclaimed title of being the "best tailor in town". They did not disappoint. I had a casual jacket made and 2 dresses which were copied from 2 dresses I already owned. The results were amazing. The friendly ladies even agreed to fix up a dress I had had tailored elsewhere, that didn't quite fit properly. At the end they refused to accept additional money for their troubles. My partner had a number of t-shirts, collared shirts and linen pants made there, as well as a suit. The value was phenomenal (all up my partner paid less than $400 Australian dollars for a suit, 2 pairs of pants, 3 shirts and 2 jackets), and the quality of the tailoring was unsurpassed. We would highly recommend this tailor to anyone travelling through Hoi An. In a place where the quality of the tailoring is a bit hit-and-miss, this is definitely a hit.

Visited October 2013
Calgary
3 attraction reviews
“Wonderful warm and friendly shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

My hubby had 3 dress shitrs and a pair of dress pants made here. I had a cocktail dress and shorts made - mine custom made from photos I brought. We could not be happier with the quality of items and the service. The fabrics are beautiful. Only my shorts required a small adjustment which was done promptly. The fabrics are beautiful and the stitches lovely - all double stitched and trimmed properly. In total we paid about $165 and I suppose we could have bartered them down but I honestly didn't have the heart, feeling this was ridiculously cheap price. This is a family business, run by a warm group of "sisters". I felt like family myself by the time we left. You will not be disappointed by the service or the quality at this shop.

Hoi An, Vietnam
“Awesome! Amazing dresses.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I was really afraid that things would turn out badly, but I decided to give the tailors in Hoi An a shot. After reading some reviews online, I decided to seek out Miss Forget-Me-Not. I stepped in on a rainy day and sat down for a few hours going through a bunch of catalogues she had. She was very patient and sat down to talk to me. Having done no prior research, she even let me use her wifi so i can search up pictures of things I want made on my iPad. After a few hours, I picked out three dresses and got measured. Be sure to know exactly what you like or dislike about the way clothing looks on you. She can only help you create not design for you, but she will do a damn well job at it. She asked me to come back the next day, which I gladly did. I must have made changes to the dresses five times before I was happy with them and she was always willing to make the changes for me. Her tailors are very careful not to take off too much and leaves a lot of room for change and error. She does ask for a payment upfront and I was a bit wary of this, but with the finish products, I think it is safe to trust her. she and her family were very kind and treated me like I was one of their own. They even treated me to a home cooked meal on the day I picked up everything. There are a lot of tailors in Hoi An and it can be quite overwhelming, but this is a woman who devotes her life to doing this. If you give her a chance, you will definitely be pleasantly surprised.