“Best time in Vietnam” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hoi An Riverside Bamboo Resort

Save Saved
You added Hoi An Riverside Bamboo Resort to your Saves list
Hoi An Riverside Bamboo Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   83/09 Nguyen Duy Hieu Street, Hoi An, Vietnam (Formerly Bamboo Village Resort)   |
Ranked #38 of 82 Hotels in Hoi An
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Best time in Vietnam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I've lived in Vietnam for over a year now, and not overly loving it, but Hoi An definitely shone. Bamboo resort was amazing, We got the overnight sleeper from Hanoi which, while not a great nights sleep, made it up for it in the morning waking up to the train chugging through the mountains next to the coast.

Bamboo resort were great. A very relaxed atmosphere, great rate and lovely pool. Bike and motorbikes for rent and thought food was pretty good. Though I would suggest they cover the breakfast buffet on a morning to prevent flies - seems everywhere doesn't take this precaution though.

We stayed two nights and didn't want to leave. Bicycle down to the beach everyday and relax - amazing. Everyone is so friendly. Took us til the second night to find the street in town where everyone goes which was lovely - all lit up with lanterns and nice places to eat - fab bakery.

Contrary to what another person here says - the hotel arranged an airport transfer minivan for us in the early morning hours which was cheap.

All in all a fantastic stay and would highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: I preferred the rooms on the ground level away from the pool - the pool rooms looked too close for c...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Warwickshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights at Hoi An Bamboo Village Resort, it was a wonderful retreat after the hustle and bustle of Saigon. The room was spacious, clean and cool but as seems to be the norm in Vietnam the beds were very hard. Breakfast was more than adequate; we only had one evening meal in the hotel which we thoroughly enjoyed. The hotel is a short taxi drive away from town but we didn't find it a problem as a taxi would always arrive within a couple of minutes.The staff were helpful and friendly, all in all a great find.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here 2 nights and loved it. The room was huge and had a very comfortable bed, good aircoditioning and nice bathroom. We rented bicycles at the hotel and rode into town and to the beach every day. The breakfast was excellent . Thanks for a very nice time I Hoi An.

• Stayed November 2012
minh b, Manager at Hoi An Riverside Bamboo Resort, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Hi Heathermcfeather, it has been a pleasure for us to serve you as our value customers.
We would like to thank you for your review about our hotel. We appreciate it and will continue to work harder in order to provide the best quality, reasonable price and great customer services.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.
We look forward to serving you again in Hoi An. Best wishes
Riverside Bamboo Resort
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I'll start off by saying that I think it was a bit of a low season that I was here (July) and I got a great deal on Agoda - $32 for a room overlooking the pool (I want to say Room 112?) It was a great room. It's not overly private with the room right next to you but honestly I don't need that much privacy (just shut the drapes!) The room was HUGE, one of the biggest I've ever stayed in. Nice big bathroom with a nice tub that I quite enjoyed. Everything was perfectly clean. The bed was hard, as is often the case, but not awful. I felt like I was staying at a luxury resort!

I had a great time here, spent 3 nights in Hoi An (soooo not enough!) The location is a bit out of the way but taxis are sooo easy in Hoi An and during the day you can also take a bicycle. I did walk to town in about 25 minutes but I certainly wouldn't want to be doing that every time. The location other than that is very secluded. Beautiful and calm right on the river (actually it was more of a channel). There were nice chairs to relax either by the pool or at the riverside. I loved the pool! There is a shallow area, which is brilliant, and I saw people either sitting there or playing with small children. Not that many pools include this!

Breakfast was very good, especially because it was included in my rate! Lots of fruit, any kind of drink you could think of, and a few Vietnamese breakfast dishes. My favourite was that there was actually potatoes (hashbrowns)!

Service was great, I had no problem with them.

Overall, I think this is a great option for Hoi An if you're looking for more of a resort style hotel. Especially considering the rate I paid, even though this was out of my budget, it was absolutely the best value I'd experienced in Vietnam.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed here for a week and really enjoyed our time here. The Resort is located about a 30 minute walk from the town centre which makes it nice and remote. A taxi costs about 2USD each way and as the heat is pretty intense we caught taxis both to and from the town centre each time.

We had a standard double room which was lovely. It was big and spacious so we didn't feel we were tripping over each other, and was equipped with a bar fridge, table and chairs, air conditioning, tv and a big bed. The mattress was firm but that is standard in Vietnam. We were on the top level with views over the resort, river and pool.

The surrounds are lovely and the gardens are immaculate. It was very quiet and we never heard any other guests. There is amble seating around the gardens and pool some of which is undercover. The pool is well maintained and very clean.

Breakfast was great and fresh. There are also vegetarian options available. We ate in the restaurant a couple of times and the food was okay, but nothing to rave about and a bit pricey compared to what you can get at a restaurant locally.

Despite saying on their website that they offer a shuttle service from the airport they do not! We caught a taxi from Da Nang which worked out to be nearly 500 000DNG. The website also says that they have a pool bar which to be honest, yes they do, however it is used as a storage unit with chairs, a fridge and other items in it! It was never used once during our stay and we got the impression it hasn't been used for a long time.

At times, there was a big language barrier and this caused a lot of frustration. For a Resort that prides itself on its atmosphere and service, I did expect that staff would have spoken better english. We tried to order room service one night and were delivered the wrong meal as the staff member did not understand what we asked for. Despite our attempts to communicate to them, we were unable to so gave up. We found one member of staff who spoke good english though at times this was limited!

The Resort is connected with a Beauty and Spa company that can come to your room and offer you various treatments. I strongly suggest you do not use their services!! They say they use Sothy's products but they do not! They use products that are that old, dirty and expired they are only fit for the bin. We declined their services and they were asked to leave my staff.

Room Tip: Great views from the higher floors and away from noise around the pool.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This resort has a nice view, the room is large and clean. It's take 30 min for walking from this resort to town centre ( about 2km) but a receptionist told me just 1 km from there to town, it's a little bit lied. The price for laundry, drinks, motobikes, bicycle was expensive. mini bar was empty, when I was thrist, open the refrigerator but nothing inside. Can stay here but don't use anything service.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stayed here as a family of 4 (two children aged 10 and 9) as part of our holiday in Vietnam. We had 2 adjacent rooms which worked very well for us - the boys liked having the space, and the total cost per night ($140) was still on a par with other places we stayed. It's a little way out of town. We walked on the first day, but it was a bit far in the heat so stuck to taxis after that (about $2 each way). The pool was very welcome after the sweltering days walking around. The breakfast was good, but not the best we had on our trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hoi An Riverside Bamboo Resort? Share your experiences!