“Great bargain and fun, too!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 311 Shopping in Hoi An
Type: Specialty Shops, Shopping
New York City, New York
“Great bargain and fun, too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

The warm and helpful staff here made the process of buying custom dresses fun and comfortable. The prices are a steal by U.S. standards, when you consider the benefits of made-to-measure and pure silk. And if, as others have observed, they are higher than other Hoi An tailors, I say, you get what you pay for. These ladies know what they're doing, but, as always, be your own advocate and speak up for what you want. I wanted a traditional Vietnamese ao dai, and found a gorgeous floral pattern to wear over their pants in black, but also got a very modern summer dress that could have come direct from Eileen Fisher. And my husband had a blast with the staff, too! Go with pictures of things you like, and they can make your wished for clothing appear in your closet. Recommend heartily!

Visited March 2014

Ottawa, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Shop with confidence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I had a dress made here for my daughter's wedding, with a jacket to match. Then, I ordered another dress, two pairs of silk trousers, and silk pyjamas...only in Vietnam can you afford custom made 100% silk pyjamas..
The quality of the fabric and the workmanship are excellent.
The staff are helpful, and cheerful.
The "sell" is, for Vietnam, on the quiet side.
I wanted the trousers a little shorter, and the jacket a bit looser across the back. These changes were made cheerfully and without any fuss.
This is not the cheapest tailor shop in Hoi An, but compared to Canadian prices, the goods are unbelievably cheap, and you will not be disappointed with the results.

Visited March 2014
“Good quality, but not cheap”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

As we got to Hoi An, we were told that having your clothes tailor made should be extremely cheap, like 15-20 USD per dress. Well, not at Blue. We came across this tailor shop by asking a local girl at a restaurant which tailor she'd recommend. We first went to A Dong Silk, just a few doors further, which should be the best tailor in the country, but that really was too expensive for us (120 USD for a dress).

So we went to Blue and picked a few items we liked (by looking into a clothing magazine comparable to Wehkamp's and on their ipad, the selection was not old-fashioned); 2 dresses, a polo and jogging pants. After selecting all the details like fabrics and measurements, we were shown the price; 150 USD or so. It just was too much for us so we selected only one dress and the polo shirt and we came down to 80 USD. We had to do some hard bargaining before we got there.

After a few fittings, we just received our clothes yesterday and we're very happy with them. They fit very well, and as I sometimes sew myself I can see the quality in it. The zipper in my dress is invisible and the dress itself has 3 layers, but they just flow perfect on each other, there's not a fold to find, it just fits perfectly. The polo shirt also is very good and looks great on my boyfriend. I loved the service, the knowledge and the craftmenship. I'd definitely recommend Blue, even as it's not a bargain in Vietnam.

Syosset, New York
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Excellent Tailor Shop. They made two suits, a coat, two pairs of slacks , a dress, and a skirt. Beautiful material, excellent fit. They are very professional and a pleasure to deal with. Had clothing made other tailor shops in the area and had horrible results. Not all tailor shops have integrity so beware. This shop was truly excellent in every way and they will make sure that you are happy with your results. Shop with confidence.

Visited January 2014
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

We got one dress each, I got a play suit and my friend a winter coat. They had lovely tissues which we got to choose between and felt like princesses! Everything fit perfectly when we arrived the next day for fitting, and everything looked like we had described. Only a few adjustments had to be made which they fixed in a few hours. Everyone was very nice and understood exactly what we wanted. We can't wait to wear our new clothes! Many thanks, Felicia and Pauline