“Great tailors” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #44 of 311 Shopping in Hoi An
Type: Specialty Shops, Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: RIN MY TAILORS is a family owned and run business which offers old fashion friendly service and help from experienced staff speaking good English. We are located at the edge of the old town away from the hustle and bustle so you can shop in peace at your own pace. Enjoy a family atmosphere in a shop offering an extensive range of quality fabrics for both men and women. We make suits, shirts, coats, shorts, dresses, skirts, trousers. All garments are double stitched and a perfect fit is guaranteed or you get your money back. This is no risk shopping at keen prices. Bring photos, web pages, clothes to copy or browse through the in house catalogues. WIFI is available.
13 attraction reviews
“Great tailors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We order a suit, casual jacket, 6 shirts, some shorts, 2 dresses & a coat. Everything came back exactly as we discussed each item. We went in for two main fittings which went perfect and any changes were not too hard for the ladies in here. All the above cost us $435 USD. They gave us a free bottle of water each time we came in, nice touch. I would definitely recommend My Rin

Visited October 2012
hoahoian, Public Relations Manager at Rin My Fashion Tailors, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
The staff at RinMY always listens carefully to customer requirements . The management employs very experienced dressmakers and suit makers so that instructions are followed exactly and the clothes not only look as ordered but also fit perfectly. We thank you for shopping at RinMY and are pleased that you remember us fondly.

Manila, Philippines
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent quality, great price and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

When researching tailors in Hoi An, there were so many to choose from, but what attracted us to Rin My were TripAdvisor reviews attesting to their quality and reasonable price point. My girlfriend had her mind set on getting a quality three-piece suit and some dress shirts made, but we had a budget and Rin My fit the bill.

We went there on our first day in Hoi An, arriving in the evening. My girlfriend showed them a copy of GQ with photos of the suits she liked, and from there, they proceeded to offer suggestions and take her measurements. The process was quick but efficient.

After a few fittings over the next couple of days, we came to pick up the suit and dress shirts and they were absolutely perfect. Can’t recommend this place highly enough! From the great customer service and attention to detail, Rin My is our top choice for excellent quality at a great price.

Visited September 2012
hoahoian, Public Relations Manager at Rin My Fashion Tailors, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
We thank you for shopping at RinMy. We try very hard to maintain the standards of service and quality with a good price. Previous reviews suggest that we are successful in doing this and your review adds to our list of happy customers. Thank you for finding the time to write your review and for the kind words expressed in it.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
“Will be going back for more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Getting clothes made in Hoi An was definitely on the to-do list. Finding a reliable tailor was made easy with the help of trip advisor which is how we came across Rin My.

We stuffed a pair of jeans and a dress into our backpack, hopped on our scooter and off we went down the road to Rin My.

As mentioned, we had 2 items of clothing that we wanted made. After taking one look at the beautiful coats on display at the front of the shop and noticing the quality of the work, we quickly jumped up to 4 items of clothing..... and then it crept up to 6 items!

The girls were so patient with us and looked after us so well. They suggested materials that would work with whatever it was you wanted made and if it didn't work they would tell you. They even went into the finer details from the colour of the lining to the colour of the buttons and even the satin trim on the pockets of my winter coat and sash.

We had one fitting the next morning and then a final fitting in the afternoon. The girls even invited us to a traditional Hoi An dish of cao lau which was delicious and for which we are thankful for.

Anyway, our 6 items of clothing cost about $300USD. His duffel coat alone would cost at least $600 in Australia. All 6 items are beautiful and so well made. We will definitely be going back - we've already started planning the next trip only this time we'll be taking 2 empty suitcases!!!

I will post pictures of my wardrobe on TA shortly...

To Mrs Hoa - thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! We are looking so forward to our next visit!!!

Visited September 2012
We look forward to your next visit. The staff at RinMy are very experienced. Ms Hoa has been in the business for over 35 years and she trains all her staff thoroughly . Custom tailoring is more than just measuring to fit. Information on fabric selection , colour coordination, style and adornment are important considerations in addition to a quality made garment at a good price. Thank you for writing such a glowing review for us.
Melbourne, Australia
4 attraction reviews
“Great suits great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

After consulting trip advosor we had 3 options rin my was one and it was the closest to our hotel. We doing HWa and her staff to be professional and not too pushy. We had three fitting done in three days to get the suits to fit perfectly. My husband had 2 cashmere suits, 2 extra pairs of pants and 2 shirts made for $420 dollars. Will recommend rin my.

hoahoian, Public Relations Manager at Rin My Fashion Tailors, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you for shopping at RinMy. We try to find the happy balance between offering advice and waiting to be of service. It is a delicate balance which many businesses in HoiAn get very wrong. We are pleased that your experience in our store met with your approval and your recommendation is much appreciated.
6 attraction reviews
“A rose umoungst all the potential thorns!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I was happy to visit Rin My after reading positive reviews on trip advisor. I went into the girls there with a dress I wanted copied pretty much exactly and another dress which I wanted similar but with some noticeable changes, what can I say I am so happy with the outcome!! I now have my two stunning dresses (both fairly casual) in the short space of two days. They fit perfectly and are made very well. The material is also good quality. The ladies were very warm and welcoming and were happy to listen to my suggestions and offer alternatives. For my two dresses I paid $103 AUD. Thanks to the ladies at Rin My next time I will be sure to come back with an empty suitcase!

We at Rin My look forward to your return visit. Thank you also for taking the time to write a review to TA and for your kind words on our behalf. Our staff are very experienced in advising on design ideas and the production staff are extremely skilled in turning the ideas into quality garments.