“Lovely family” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cam Chau Homestay

You added Cam Chau Homestay to your Saves list
Cam Chau Homestay
2.0 of 5 Guest house   |   157 Tran Nhan Tong | Thanh Nam hamlet, Cam Chau ward, Hoi An 0510, Vietnam   |
Ranked #38 of 111 Hoi An B&B and Inns
Sydney
“Lovely family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

I have spent 4 nights with a really lovely genuine Vietnamese family. Despite limited English, they are genuine friendly, quiet and very clean. They invited me to their family wedding and always had my bicycle ready for me to use. My bed was the most comfortable in Vietnam and I feel at home here.
Location wise it's outstanding very quiet with kids playing on the streets and little lanes just by the river- very charming and authentic! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Hoi An, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

What a wonderful time we had with miss Ly ans her family. The house is beautiful, with a nice table outside to eat ang having a coffee. Room are clean with a lot of space, and very confortable.

We went to the market all together to choose our ingrédients for the coocking class. After we enjoyed the dinner with Miss Ly's family. What a wonderful time! It's an authentic stay and I'll recommend it to anybody! We'll be back for sure!

Room Tip: Take the coocking class!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

This homestay is unique because you stay with individual families in different homes that are each part of the homestay. We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived at the beautiful home of Bup's family where we stayed for 2 nights in December. We received a very warm welcome by the Ms. Bup. Ms. Bup spoke french and a very small but of english but her daughter Hue who also lives at the house speaks english fluently. We had a really big, beautifully decorated room with a large modern bathroom. There was a deck right outside the room, which overlooked the tropical garden. We rented bikes for a dollar a day, so it was a 10 minute pleasant cycle ride into the town centre.

Breakfast was served on the deck. The garden was very pretty with bananas trees and tropical plants. The breakfast was delicious there were options of french, crusty baguette with eggs/jam or vietnamese options of noodle soup. The coffee they served was great too! We were also given bananas from the garden, which were much sweeter than any bananas I tasted back in europe. We were always served lovely Vietnamese tea along with our coffee, which was refreshing with a delicate flavour. We had dinner at the house one evening, which was a healthy feast of fresh fish, meat, tofu and vegetables from the market cooked in different local styles. It was also very good value ($12 for two as far as I can remember). It was served on the deck and was really nice to chill out in the evening overlooking the garden. Bup's daughter Heu was very friendly and interesting we stayed chatting with her in the evening.

When we were leaving Hoi An for Danang airport they arranged a $15 car for us to the airport, which is much cheaper than a taxi would have cost. Altogether we had a wonderful memorable stay in Hoi An at Bup's family home. I would definitely recommend it as an authentic, enjoyable stay for great value!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jindabyne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed with the Van family,
they made our stay incredibly enjoyable. Mr Van and his wife Houyen made our stay very memorable and while there English was limited this wasn't a problem as one of their helpful sons could always translate when necessary. It was an easy and pleasant walk into Hoi An old town.
Houyens breakfasts were delicious, the room was comfortable, the AC great. All in all it was a highlight of our Vietnam holiday.
I would highly recommend staying with the Van family.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed with the Dung family. This was definitely the best place I've stayed, not just because it was a lovely, clean room win fantastic aircon, but because I felt like I was finally moving away from the generic hostel vibe (don't get me wrong, I love a good hostel too, but felt in need of a change).

The family were lovely, and mrs dung even taught me how to cook one night, so that was a really authentic experience (and a fraction of the price of the "professional" ones). Especially as she had to ask her daughter to translate ingredients etc.

Yes, the location isn't right in the centre (I'd say about a 5-10 minute cycle), but it was nice to be out of the hustle and bustle a bit, and the family rent bikes for a dollar a day, which is so handy for getting about.

Honestly cannot recommend this place enough

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Myrniong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

My wife & myself spent two nights with Mr Dung ( pronounced young) and his lovely family in August 2013. We found them to be very friendly & the location excellent. They have unlimited internet access plus the use of well maintained bicycle. The meal was a magnificent banquet, and cheap also. The family spoke reasonable English. The homestay was very reasonably priced, and their home very nice. We had a nice medium sized room that was dominated by a monsterous beds, it was much wider than it was long. A man would have to be an athlete to catch his wife in it.
We also had an ensuite, well worth staying at. Thank you Mr Dung & family.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stayed at the CamChau Homestay with the family of Vit for about a week. Since Hoi An is full of tourists, this is a good place to get away from the crowds, while it really isnt that far from the center. The room is quite spacious, and both bed- and bathroom are nice and clean. Mr Vit and his wife are really nice- they even invited me to have dinner with them and helped me to buy a motorbike. The both dont really speak English, but their daughter does, and she is very helpful as well.
I had planned to stay only for 3 nights, but liked it so much that I stayed twice as long.
Thank you guys- I really enjoyed it! david

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Cam Chau Homestay? Share your experiences!