“Now I am happy!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cam Chau Homestay

You added Cam Chau Homestay to your Saves list
Cam Chau Homestay
2.0 of 5 Guest house   |   157 Tran Nhan Tong | Thanh Nam hamlet, Cam Chau ward, Hoi An 0510, Vietnam   |
Ranked #38 of 111 Hoi An B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Now I am happy!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

On my first night I had a nightmare getting here from Da nang airport with a horrible taxi driver. But when I turned up in tears at 12am I was immediately welcomed by the Dung family. They have been so warm and welcoming. I have enjoyed having dinner with them and playing with their children. It is great for a solo female traveler because it is a warm homely environment. It is a short bike ride to the town and to the beach and the bikes are great for exploring. This home is great for a genuine Hoi An experience and escape from the tourists. Dung said that on the first day I was said and he wants to do everything to make me happy, Thankyou Dung family!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

We only stayed for 2 days at the homestay of the family Dung. We would have loved to stay longer, but we booked our flight already. We were invited for diner with the family and also we could use the bikes for free.
Its a really good way to have a look in family life in Vietnam. I would recommend this to everyone. They have a very good guest room and one of the best breakfast I had in Vietnam.
Pieter en Maartje (Rotterdam Holland)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Klang, Selangor, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

This homestay village which is located around 2km away from Hoi An Town (Phan Chau Trinh) has successfully hosted travelers/volunteers from Canada, India, England, Malaysia and Singapore etc.

My fiancé and I have taken a chance to stay at this place. Our reviews are as follows: -

With a modest fee of USD9-10+ , the homestay accommodation includes a private bedroom and bath, Internet and delicious breakfast in the morning of our choosing. Room keys are provided to secure our belongings when you wish to explore Hoi An.

The friendly and accommodating hospitality gives a comforting feeling and makes the stay simply worthwhile.

Thou language is a barrier (due to our poor conversant in Vietnamese) ,we were able to conversant with simple English, sign languages and gestures.

Verdict - If you are looking for an experience on what is it like to stay in Vietnamese home and open minded to meet people , you should considered Cam Chau homestay in your accommodation list when visiting Hoi An.

Room Tip: be mindful that you living with a family
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

It is my first time to Hoi An and after searching long and hard on the internet for a place to stay, I decided to book a room with Cam Chau homestay and stayed with Dung's family. The house is quietly hidden from the nearby shops, in a small and quiet village, 5 minutes by bike to the city center. I had a very nice room with private bathroom and they are both very clean. I stayed with the family for 5 nights and I was invited to have dinner twice and I have to say that It was so amazing to have dinner with Dung's family and the Vietnamese food that I had was so delicious. Breakfast was simple with omelet, bread, fruit and coffee and they also served me with Pho, noodle with beef. Laundry, bicycle and internet were free of charge.
I have no hesitation to stay there again and highly recommend to anyone coming to Hoi An to stay with a local family.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
realhoianhomestay, Guest Relations Manager at Cam Chau Homestay, responded to this review, November 25, 2011
Dear our Guests!
On behalf of the local community of Thanh Nam village, we would like to express our appreciation for your stay with our hosts and It means you have contributed to the standard of living for the local people.
Warm regards,
Cam Chau homestay

Been to Cam Chau Homestay? Share your experiences!