“Brilliant Tailor” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #77 of 324 Shopping in Hoi An
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Tailor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Firstly, this shop is at 239 Nguyen Duy Hieu St and not 39 as it currently says on here!! Hoi An has lots of tailors with some very mixed reviews on the internet, but it was on the back of the few reviews that Tan Tan had on tripadvisor.com that convinced me to go to here. The shop is not as flashy as some and it would be easy to miss it, but the service and finished product i recieved from the staff that run it was excellent. The two sisters that run the front of the shop speak good English which means that you can easily tell them exactly how you want the product to look. I was measured in the evening, went in to try on the suit the next day, and after the alterations were made i had a perfectly fitting 3-piece suit and 3 shirts the following morning, all done at a very good price. You could maybe get slightly cheaper elsewhere, but for service and overall quality this place is great. They even arranged for a lady from the post office to come and collect the suit and sort out the air mail for me. Would definitley recommend the shop.

Visited April 2013

Toronto, Canada
“GREAT EXPERIENCE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I am a little delayed on my review as I originally visited in March 2011. Nevertheless, I still rave about this place to anyone I meet who is going to Hoi An.

This place was recommended to me by another backpacker on the bus from Da-nang.
It is a somewhat off the main strip from all the other tailors and hot-spot, but if you are willing to venture down and experience local Hoi An, I cannot stress enough how valuable it will be to you.
It is run by two very friendly and nice sisters out of their home so to speak. The front area is the store front and the back is a backyard/sew shop where the hemming and sewing occurs.
I ordered one jacket and pant (grey), with two shirts and three ties. All VERY REASONABLY PRICED! I don't have an exact number, but it was around $140USD. They also included two silk shawls i purchased for my sister back home.
Next door a women sells scarfs, if I'm not mistaken, and I remember buying one for my mother that was also reasonably priced.

The point is that the quality was amazing, and the price was reasonable. I looked at all the other shops in and around Hoi An, and they all seemed to be selling the same stuff, except for much more money.
I therefore recommend this place

Visited March 2012
Gladstone, Australia
“Fantastic everything”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

My family and I have now revisited 4 or 5 times now. On the last visit I had 4 business shirts made 3 business pants and some dresses for my girl friend off measurement she did herself at home in australia. Everything was perfect, to the point that they decided my pants needed a cm from the waist. As I had early flights they dropped the corrections to my hotel a long way from their store in the morning. It's people like this that make Vietnam such a special place. They even added a special gift for my girl friend and said this will make her love you more. And the beer whilst fitting clothes.... Perfect touch.

Visited February 2013
“Really looked after us”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

When coming to Hoi An you are met with so many choices for a tailor. There are literally hundreds of tailors. We were recommended Tan Tan and went straight there. Couldn't have been happier with their service and product. Prices whilst slightly more expensive were still reflective of a great bargain. A definite one to try.

Melbourne, Australia
4 attraction reviews
“Tailor to trust”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

After visiting the pricey and pushy tailors recommended by our hotel we found Tan Tan at Nguyen Duy Hieu St. Two sisters run the front - polite, helpful and friendly and good english so no problems with our discussions. A slow check of their fabrics found some easy to miss gems (the place looks tired and down market, but take the time to look closely). Results: 3 great business suits, lots of silk by the metre for patchworking back home, 3 chinese silk dressing gowns ( unique gifts, wish we'd got more), a beautiful viet silk ao dai, 2 formal dresses and velvet day dress for fussy teenager (made from photocopies I took). The 3 latter cost slightly more than quotes from other tailors for just the velvet dress and once the girls knew I wanted evening fabrics they produced sample books and were very helpful with fabric choices and colours. I regret not having more clothes made here. The girls also arranged for the post office to come to their premises to pack and post all our purchases - so helpful and everything arrived safely to Australia.

Visited May 2011