My time here has been pleasent.
Firstly after reading the previous reviews of past guests. I can appriciate your frustrations. I travel a lot in South east Asia and have experienced many things as a traveller.
firstly the ladies on the front desk were friendly with me and told me the rules. Take your cash out with you..... So I did... No money stolen. secondly they said if you have computers/passport etc leave with them in their secrutity boxs. I got them back.
One advice to all western travellers we have standards and these are growing countries with a different culture, if you raise your voice and go on the western sensation shouting because they are not up to our western expectations the Asian culture means that you loose face, and they will not help you. Do it with a smile even if, you are so Pi**ed off, dont loose your dignity.
The ladies here are concerned with their feedback on trip advisor and I have given them the following to improve on.
1) Get feedback forms so that your guests can give you formative feedback.
2) They need to improve their cleaners in their complancancy, there is no continutiy such as when we expect the room to be cleaned, that means clean sheets, empty the bin etc.
3) They clearly state that you need to keep your money with you........ If you leave and it is stolen yeah its rubbish... but that is your fault. But they as employers need to find out who the culpirate is, but it is also our responsibility to make sure we lock up and protect our valuables.
4) Make sure that we as westerners are locking and securing our own goods. Bring a lock.
5) The hotel needs us to give advice for them to develop, I advised the manager to check all staffs bags when they leave.
6) Hoi An is expensive anyway so you get what you pay for.
7) Give the place a paint and really scrub the bathrooms down, freshen the place up.
8) Overall it was ok, there are always room to improve on anything, we also need to be saying to any hotel if we are not happy, but do it in a way that keeps you calm and gets you somewhere.
The hotel wants to improve so start giving some good advice with a smile and things will improve slowly. If you have had things stolen then we need to take some responsibilty but also all hotels do as well with regard to the staff they employ and this is something that I have told them to consider. Its understanding each others culture and breaking down the invisable walls.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.