“Really enjoyable” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #240 of 407 Restaurants in Hoi An
Cuisines: Tapas, Vietnamese, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Gourmet Garden This tastefully renovated ancient house provides the perfect lounge from which to watch the world pass by on Le Loi outside. It also boasts a comfortable bar restaurant and a tranquil garden behind. Offering a wide range of drinks and wines to accompany its innovative and extensive menu, offering a range of Tapas, Western and Vietnamese dishes, Gourmet Garden is fast becoming a place where people come back to again and again, not only to enjoy the comfortable surroundings but in order to sample more of the delicious fare on offer. Gourmet Garden is fast living up to its name! Private group and corporate functions can be also arranged.
Coffs Harbour, Australia
“Really enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We really enjoyed everything we ate here. We had Wontons which were very tasty and being a huge squid fan i ordered bbq squid (i think) or something like that. It was extreamly tasty although the sizing was really small. I just wanted to eat more and more. My father got duck which he ate this time last year and it was still as good.
The staff were ok but the food makes up for that. We really enjoyed this place.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bangkok, Thailand
“Nice food and drink but so SLOW!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I had a carrot-orange shake that was a bit watery but good flavor, I asked for one without any extra added sugar.
For food I chose the sandwich (forgot the name) with: cheese, aubergine, grilled capsicum, herbs and tomato, served hot.
It was something different and the taste was good, difficult to eat though ;-) you really gonna meed those napkins!

The reason why I rate this restaurant as 'average' is because they are soooo slow with there service, and it wasn't busy at all and there was enough staff. From ordering, to serving and paying the check. That was a bit annoying, food was oke though!

Visited October 2013
“Good food but EVERYTHING is slow.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

The food was good, not brilliant. But from order to bill was Slow! Order took 10 minutes, our drink served after 15 minutes, food after half an hour, bill took 5 minutes and when we put our money next to the bill we had to call the waitress ourselves.

Is you have all the time in the world and not too hungry, the food is OK

Visited October 2013
Istanbul
“Attempted (but failed) rip-off”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We were on our second day in town and in need of a place in the mid-afternoon to sit and rest a bit. Gourmet Garden looked appealing and had nice seats in front for people watching and general lazy relaxation. We ordered a couple of drinks - a glass of wine and passion fruit juice - both of which were fine.

Feeling rested and generally really good, we got the bill, which was 200,000. I gave a 500,000 bill, got the change and we were about to head off. I glanced at what they had given and realized there was 100,000 missing. No big deal, a mistake. I started to raise my hand and noticed the waitress looking at me with apprehension. She then rushed over before I could say a word, snatched the bill holder out of my hand and hustled back to the woman behind the desk who was in charge of the cash register. The waitress then came back with the correct change, with an embarrassed look, and rushed away.

No big deal but an obvious attempt at a little rip-off involving the person responsible for the money and the waitress. My wife and I live most of the year in China and spend a lot of our time travelling, so this is not particularly unusual, except that the place seems quite nice, which perhaps lowered our guards a bit. Again, no big deal, but just a warning to other travelers.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle, Washington
“Curry shrimp was awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stopped here shortly after we arrived in hoi an. I got the curry shrimp and dad got a hamburger. The shrimp was amazing and dad said the burger was pretty darn good!

• Visited September 2013