“KHOI - Friendly and efficient” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #220 of 278 shopping in Hoi An
Type: Specialty Shops
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Khoi Custom Tailor is a family owned business who strive to please all customers' needs and wants. With friendly and helpful advice, we aim to create clothing suited especially for you with the best quailty fabrics. We work hard to keep customers very happy with their purchases and ensure friendly service.
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
“KHOI - Friendly and efficient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Trang and Thuy are friendly, know their industry and are tirelessly helpful. I had six cotton and silk business shirts, a blazer and pants and three suits made by this terrific tailoring business situated in the middle of Tran Hung Dao Street in Hoi An (the old city).
After the first measure and quote I visited three more times for fittings and adjustments and a final pick up and packaging of the clothes. Each of the days were hot and it was a nice touch to be greeted each time with a smile, a cold bottle of water and a refresher towelette. All items were made to a high standard, and the wide range of fabrics made the choices difficult but that was a good problem to have! I have worn several of the garments since returning home to the cold weather and they are comfortable and have drawn favourable comments from friends and family. Now KHOI have my measurements I will be ordering more online via Skype and emails. Thanks Trang and Thuy - hen gap lai!
Mac MacPherson July 2013

Ottawa
8 attraction reviews
“Excellent Tailor in Hoi An”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I (Mike R's gf) had one skirt and two pairs of shorts tailored here. I was very pleased with all of them. I pulled up photos of what I wanted on the internet, and then the tailors discussed the details with me (how high the shorts should be on my waist, how long, how loose, etc). The tailors were also very helpful in recommending what fabric I should use for the shorts since I wasn't certain. I had one additional fitting for the shorts - not many changes needed to be made (just a bit looser in the waist and have the pockets enlarged) and two additional fittings for the skirt.

Just a general tip for getting clothes tailored. Make sure to book enough time to attend fittings and have alterations completed. I stayed in Hoi An for three days and my first visit to Khoi was on my first day. I attended two additional fittings the second day and tried everything on again on the third day when it was finished. If you want to have a positive experience with well-fitting clothes, take the time to do this properly.

On a final note, the quality of the clothes looks very good, but I have not had a chance to give the clothes a test drive yet as I am still traveling.

Visited June 2013
“Great service, great clothes.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We went to Khoi because of the other great reviews on this site, and we weren't disappointed. I had been to a few other tailors in Hoi An on a previous visit, and none of them have been as good value as Khoi. While they are a bit more expensive then some of the tailors right in the old town, for the quality of fabric and tailoring they provide, it's worth it. I got a dress and a skirt made from pictures I brought in, and my boyfriend picked a three-piece suit from their catalogues. All were made perfectly according to the pictures. We had one fitting the morning after we ordered, and by that afternoon, the clothes were perfect and ready to go. All up US$200. Trang also threw in a free tie and bracelet for us.
Would definitely visit again next time.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent job, very patient owner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

What an amazing job at this shop and in only about 3 days. And the prices were good. I was in a group of 3 ladies, and we all had clothes made. The fabrics were plentiful and good quality. I had about 3 dresses, 3 skirts, 2 slacks, 3 blouses and a rain coat made. I went in November and have now worn all of the items. I continue to be very pleased. The one word of caution that I would give is to check your items thoroughly. Remember that they are doing this work really quickly. While the quality is good, I did find a button here or there missing upon my return home. Just be sure to check carefully, and you'll be ok.

What I liked most about this shop was the amazing patience of the owner. One of the ladies in my group was a really difficult customer. I would have turned her away from the beginning. But the owner was extremely patient and made as many nitpicky changes as my friend requested. Her motto (which she really sticks to) is that she wants every customer to leave happy. We had several fittings, and the owner stayed as late as we needed. Amazing!

Finally, the choices are plentiful. So my advice is that you know specific items that you want to have made in advance. Bring magazine pictures or from the internet. They can do whatever you'd like. It also saves a lot of time onsite.

I would definitely use this shop again.

Visited November 2012
“No need to look anywhere else, this is the place to buy your clothes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stopped by some higher rated and bigger shops but immediately was hit with the tourist pricing and the sales pitch. Walked down the road to Khoi Custom Tailor on a reccomendation and met a very friendly staff. They were extremely helpful and we agreed on a price I wanted to pay on my clothing. They took my measurements and were told to come back the next easy for my fitting. Went back the next day my clothes fit just how I wanted them to and the quality was excellent. When I return to Hoi An I will definately visit Khoi Custom Tailor again.