“Deserves the high rating” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 311 Shopping in Hoi An
Type: Shops, Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: Make the shoes you ever dreamed of. Leather boots, sport shoes... everything is possible. Free internet for customers. Delivery in your hotel in 12h. Visit us ! No like = no pay!
Prague, Czech Republic
37 attraction reviews
“Deserves the high rating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I went recently to the Friendly bags shop
The time and detail given by Trang was superb!
I am from Argentina and tend not to buy leather outside the country but given the high prices in Argentina now, I gave this shop a try.
The bag I had made was perfect due to the high quality leather and insight of Trang as to the dimensions and design.
I can only recommend this place highly.Thanks, Trang

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Port Macquarie, Australia
10 attraction reviews
“Great service! And good leather choices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The young lady who served me was quite thorough and took lots of measurements of the bag I wanted. She phoned me the next morning, and stated that the leather I had chosen was no longer in stock, but she had several others picked out that we're similar...this initially made me a bit suspicious that the samples shown first, might be of a higher quality, just to make you place your order. Anyway, I returned to the store and chose a lovely new leather.
I am very happy with the bag and the service. The bag is just how I described.
Make sure you have pictures, or a very clear idea of what you want..the catalogues there were quite dated.
A very positive experience.. Thank you.

London, United Kingdom
35 attraction reviews
“Lovely boots”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Getting tailor made boots is a dream for me as my calves are to skinny for any of the ones available off the shelf back home. Thong is lovely to talk to and does a great job of turning your description into a nice pair of shoes. Her turnaround time is 48 hours for shoes and boots, but we noticed this can be less if necessary. I had 2 pairs of boots made and am delighted with the outcome. I loved being able to pick the length of the heel and the type of sole etc.. Time will tell with regards to the quality but Thong has assured me that if there is a problem even after I get back home, she will still give a full refund.

The fitting of both boots and courts came up nearly perfect on the first attempt - very few adjustments were needed.

I also had 3 pairs of shoes made and when I collected on the final day, one of them had been made in the wrong colour. At this point, there were only 2 hours until I left Hoi-An and Thong promised me that she would remake them and get them to me within the time or bring me a refund. It was a tense 2 hours but they arrived with the shoes just as we were leaving the hotel - hopefully the quality is good and they will last.

Perth, Australia
“Top level service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I had 3 pairs of shoes made by Friendly Shop. One of the pairs of shoes was not ready upon my departure so the shop offered to post the shoes to my next holiday destination. As promised the shoes were posted to my next destination in Vietnam. One of the pairs did not fit and did not turn out how I had hoped and the Friendly Shop refunded my account straight away and didn't want to bother me asking me to return the shoes I had made! Thongg (Friendly Shop staff member/owner?) will go out of her way for her customers and if you are not happy with the product you will receive a full refund. It's really a win win situation for the customer!

I will definitely revisit the Friendly Shop if I am in Vietnam again! You will be well looked after.

Visited December 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
“Professional service, good shoes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My husband and I were visiting Hoi An and were having some custom clothing and shoes made. Of course there are an overwhelming amount of options for these services but when we found Friendly Shop to work with us to create our custom shoes, we were very happy!

The ladies that work there are very professional and they work extremely hard to get you what you want. We had fun designing our shoes and choosing the materials and getting fit for size. The ladies were very attentive and advised us on materials and details when we were havig a hard time making decisions.

The shoes were made very quickly (within 24 hours) and in the cases that there was something wrong with the shoe, they ensured us they would fix it. In one case they scrapped my boot and asked the makers to start over, despite the pressing time. In the end, we left with 2 pairs of men's shoes, 1 pair of men's boots, 1 pair of women's sandals and 2 pairs of women's boots. Of these, we wear most of them on a regular basis and they have stood up to the elements, but unfortunately a couple of them we just aren't 100% happy with so we don't wear them.

On our last day in Hoi An, we had ordered and paid for 2 additional pairs of sandals the day we were leaving because we were so happy with the service, and the owner agreed to ship them to us in Sweden. Unfortunately the shipment didn't work out but she very promptly refunded our money through paypal with no hesitation.

Overall, You can trust this shop with your money and the level of quality. We would recommend getting your custom shoes made by Friendly Shop, because they were extremely friendly, professional and work very hard to make you 100% satisfied.

Visited June 2012