“Great!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 137 Activities in Hoi An
Type: Classes/Workshops, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: "10 Years experience cooking" Welcome to GIOAN COOKERY SCHOOL. We have been in cooking for ten years and we guarantee that our experience can make you endore cooking. You can choose your own menu, time and date and this course includes market trip, recipe book, cooking and eating during three hours. Ms Hanh, Ms Vina and Mr Ho who are our teachers, they are friendly, funny and sweet energetic. "Happy cooking, happy chopping"
5 attraction reviews
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We had such a great time at cooking class. It was just me, my husband and our 3 year old daughter because it was kind of the off season, but it was great. Hanh took our 3 year old under her wing and helped her chop and mix. The food was great and we just made pho this week when we came home. I highly recommend this class. The price seemed to be about average compared to similar programs.

Visited November 2013

• Hebrew first
Nha Trang, Vietnam
4 attraction reviews
“Yummy yummy in my Tummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

I just left this class. I was thw only one at the 12pm class but it didnt matter. The lady teaching me (so sorry for the life of me I cant remember her name) but she had more energy then I have in my little finger and I loved it. She was fun and energetic and absolutely loves what shes doing which makes it that much more enjoyable. I felt like I was in the kitchen cooking with mu best friend. I was taken to the market prior and it was relaxing and informative. No prwsure to buy anything i didnt want or need which was a welcome change from wanderingthw market on my own.
All in all a great experience and im even trying to talk my travel mate into going tomorrow so ican go back!!

Townsville, Australia
“Great Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Myself and my partner wanted to do a cooking class in Hoi An while we there and chose Gioan Cooking from being highly rated on Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed. There were only two couples in our class, which made it personal and lots of fun. Our group had Ms Hanh as the leader, and she was a delightful teacher. Great fun, lots of singing, and had an excellent grasp on the english language. She also used some Aussie Slang which was great. The food we cooked was delicious (Better than half the restaurants we ate at) and was simpler then we may have thought. By the end of the class, we were ridiculously full, had some new cooking skills, and had big smiles on our faces. If you want to do a fun cooking class, I highly recommend Gioan.

York, United Kingdom
“Good fun at goian with hanh!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We were picked up from our hotel on the back of a couple of scooters and taken straight to Goian's waterfront cooking class. Our teacher, Hanh, had been in an accident earlier that day but still turned up happy, smiling and laughing and ready to give us a fun lesson. We cooked chicken and lemongrass, beef curry, spring rolls and coconut milk banana, all expertly taught and delicious to eat. Everything was clean, quick and the behind the scenes staff were very attentive in clearing things away and setting up the next dish. Overall we had a fantastic time and enjoyed hanh as our teacher - her English was also brilliant. Definitely recommend and return.

Brisbane, Australia
“Gioan Cooking Class Hoi An”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Prior to leaving Australia we booked and confirmed a cooking class during our stay in Hoian. We confirmed the menu and as well as advising we had no allergies to any foods,and we would be waiting in the lobby of our hotel at 5.00pm for pick up..
We are unable to comment on the cooking school as we were not picked up as arranged. We contacted the cooking school but were advised it never received our confirmation. This is incorrect as it was in black and white on all our emails to the cooking school.
We received an apology but it was very disappointing particularly as next day it began to rain and virtually overnight the old town flooded. We were then unable to attend another cooking school.
We consider it poor organisation on behalf of the cooking school.

Visited November 2013