“An enjoyable morning” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 137 Activities in Hoi An
Type: Classes/Workshops, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: "10 Years experience cooking" Welcome to GIOAN COOKERY SCHOOL. We have been in cooking for ten years and we guarantee that our experience can make you endore cooking. You can choose your own menu, time and date and this course includes market trip, recipe book, cooking and eating during three hours. Ms Hanh, Ms Vina and Mr Ho who are our teachers, they are friendly, funny and sweet energetic. "Happy cooking, happy chopping"
Seattle, Washington
3 attraction reviews
“An enjoyable morning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

A fun market tour and cooking class with Hahn! She has found the perfect career for her personality. Hahn is able to explain what to look for at the market, why flavors are combined a certain way, and how to cook a variety of recipes. All with a laugh, great stories, and a song!

• Hebrew first
Sydney
4 attraction reviews
“So much fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I did a private cooking class, and it was so much fun! I liked that I could pick 4 dishes to make from a large menu, and it was all so easy. Lots of laughing and lots of fun! By far the best cooking class I did in Vietnam and I did a few. If you are looking for a flash cooking school this isn't for you, it's very casual and rustic, the night I was there it was pouring with rain and the roof leaked and water was coming in but it was part of the charm and just added a few more laughs to the night. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys a good laugh while cooking. It's something the whole family could do together and its affordable as well. By the way the food was fantastic.

Llandudno, United Kingdom
“The flavour of Vietnam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Attended the course with 10 others as part of an optional trip on a tour. Hanh, our little chef, took us to the local market to purchase the ingredients for the night offering information and handy tips on the produce. Once in the kitchen she learnt all out names in one fell swoop and had us in tucks of laughter as she informed and entertained us as we prepared the ingredients. The final result was delicious food - an insight into Vietnamese cuisine - and a fun filled evening .

Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
“Really good fun.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

13 of us including 6 children between 11 and 15 met Hanh, our instructor, at the local food market where she explained all the tricks of the trade on how to buy the freshest or ripest ingredients for the dishes we were going to cook.
Back at the cookery school we all donned our aprons and proceeded over the next 2-3 hours to prepare the most fantastic Vietnamese food. Hanh was amazingly entertaining, she managed to learn all of our names almost immediately and had us all hooked on cooking Vietnamese style by the end of the course.
Having prepared their own food the children who previously had been somewhat weary of the local food felt a lot more confident to try new things.
If cooking is your thing I could not recommend Gioan Cookery Class highly enough.

Townsville, Australia
11 attraction reviews
“Great fun !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This was my 2nd time doing a cooking class at Gioan ....this year I took my daughter and my friend and her 2 girls ...we had a great time ! Lots of laughs as well as learning too cook 3 special dishes that we chose to learn ! I'm looking forward to having a dinner party soon and trying out the recipes again !