“The worst guest house I've ever met” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Nhat Huy Hoang Hotel

Nhat Huy Hoang Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hoi An
Nhat Huy Hoang Hotel
Save Saved
You added Nhat Huy Hoang Hotel to your Saves list
58 Ba Trieu St, Hoi An, Vietnam   |
Ranked #99 of 111 Hoi An B&B and Inns
Phnom Pen, Phnum Penh, Cambodia
“The worst guest house I've ever met”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I saw very big COCKROACH in my room 102.
The room was very wet and dirty and smells like
mold. Especially, I saw some guy lost his money inside of his
room, so I didn't wanna stay more.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Seoul, South Korea
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

We'd stayed there without knowing how the tripadvisor's users say about this hotel.
actually it's hardly can say this is a hotel.
it was a worst choice i've ever made during 15-day-trip. my laudry bag had been conquered by the ants family and it was a discusting experience which made me to throw my clothes away into the trashcan in the end.. my friend was shocked when she found an red ant walking through the bed she sleeps, right beside her head.
Cleaness is totally awful in this hotel and also awful the manager. she tried her best to be kind before we decided to stay in there but turned out to be rude after everymoment we hand in our passports. Our room's airconditioner had a problem so we'd asked for a room change but all we could understand was she'll fix that so we should go out for trip and if it doesn't work after we comeback then we can change our room.
Fortunately, the airconditioner had been fixed but in the night while i was just getting into the bathroom to take a shower she abrutly come into our room and ask for the remote control of the airconditioner. Probably other rooms had similar problems we had. Moreover, the manager rudely asked us for the key ,which turned out to be her fault to lost, but we've never heard "sorry" or any other excuse for that happening. OVERALL HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE THAT AFFECTED WHOLE TRIP IN HOI AN. NEVER COMING BACK HERE!!!!

• Stayed November 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

It was the most terrible hottel in my trip.
In the first time staff seems like very friendly but after that she looked irritated all the moment we'd stayed in here
i recommend u never go there
even the price is unreasonable and room,towels,sheet of bed is very very dirty.
All of the room has a lot offf ants
my and my friends laudry was be house of ant. When i was sleeping on the bed they walked on my body
because of this hotel i felt hoi an is the most terrible city in my memory.
You never never com this hotel

• Stayed November 2012
Berlin, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Don´t ever go to this hotel! The staff seems very friendly in the first moment but when we checked into our rooms, one window was missing and we had bed bugs.
The day we left they had this great working trick to clean the rooms already while we were packing our things. Their argument was, that they´d be in a hurry... so one of the room cleaners stole my brand new I-Pod that was charging at that minute, just a few minutes before our airport taxi came. They were obviously aware of the dilemma that we couldn´t loose any time and had to leave, so within 30 minutes I got rid of one of my biggest valuables and they were just standing there lying to my face.
When I asked the manager to please call the police she refused. She even refused to borrow me her phone and in the end told me that she wouldn´t even know the number of the police!!!

Never stay in this hostel! They are unprofessional and criminals!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Wellington, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

After reading all the other reviews on TA I'm not sure wether we got incredibly lucky with our stay here, or they are trying to change their ways. We actually ended up staying here by accident. We were on the street looking for another Hotek from the Loney Planet Guide and the girl accosted us from across the street, chatted to us for ages and finally convinced us to see a room. She showed us a few and we managed to agree on a room and rate for four nights. All and all, it was a pretty simple, no frills or fancy hotel ... What you see is what you get (for the price).

We didn't experience anything here but really friendly, polite and helpful staff. We wanted to change rooms on our 2nd days we couldn't get wifi and that was no problem. The water pipe in our bathroom burst one day, the fix it guy turned up straight away to sort out, and they offered us another room to shower in in the meantime.

There are several reviews on here about things being stolen and trying to charge more upon check out etc .... But again we didn't experience this - although in saying that we NEVER give hotels our passports (they can take a copy, but we never let them keep it) and we NEVER leave anything remotely valuable in the room. Not money, electronics, jewellery, passports etc - nothing. You could be staying on. 5 star resort and things can still get stolen if you are careless.

The girls were always really friendly and chatty every time they saw us and we always found them to be really pleasant. would we stay again? Probably not as there are much nicer hotels in Hoi An for only a few dollars more, but it certainly wasn't a terrible stay.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

I checked into this hotel then made the mistake of checking reviews which really worried me. The ladies at the front desk couldn't have been nicer and went out of their way to make sure I was happy. Downside was I got bed bugs staying on bottom floor so they upgraded me to a much nicer suite for same price.
If you want somewhere cheap then this is your place.

• Stayed May 2012
Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

I don't want to waste any more time than this place has already cost me but this place is absolutely TERRIBLE! The day we checked out, we heard a SERIOUS argument in the lobby from the 3rd floor... I have no idea what that was about but it wasn't good. When we went down to the lobby, someone else was complaining that things had been stolen from their room. Then we went to pay, they charged us 1.5X what we had agreed upon for our room, and they charged us for 10kg of laundry where everywhere else we had about 4kgs. Don't stay here!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Nhat Huy Hoang Hotel? Share your experiences!