“If you are looking for simple and cheap” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Nhat Huy Hoang Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hoi An
Nhat Huy Hoang Hotel
You added Nhat Huy Hoang Hotel to your Saves list
58 Ba Trieu St, Hoi An, Vietnam   |
Ranked #110 of 116 Hoi An B&B and Inns
World
“If you are looking for simple and cheap”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

There are al lot of more expensive places in the VERY touristic town of Hoi An but this one is a bit cheaper. Don't expect more than a small simple room with a hot shower.

Wifi is only in the lobby downstairs.

They try to sell you allot every time you pass the reception.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Hue
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

We arrived very early at 8am and were told that there was a $10 room which would be ready at 9am, so we waited. In the end the room was not ready until 12:30. While we waited the manager tried to get us to take a $15 room instead. Then there was a big argument with a guest who was checking out. The manager claimed the guests friend had left early in the morning in a taxi and said that her friend would pay for it and was demanding the the girl pay $14. An old Australian man stepped in and offered to pay it but the manager refused and told the girl she must pay or she could not have her passport back. It was all totally illogical. The next day when I woke up and went downstairs to use the wifi (as it does not work in the rooms) I said good morning to the manager and she just stared at me, not in a good way, and said nothing. Then she said "You check out today!" Which I thought was just bad translation. She must have meant "are you going to check out today?" as we told her we would stay for four days. But No, she meant get out. She repeated the statement throughout the day and even added "we very busy tomorrow." Obviously we just weren't good enough for her. That night I made a point of saying hello with a big smile...again she ignored me....so strange. Also most rooms have no window and our bathroom was dirty, the beds are very uncomfortable. Another girl who took a single room on the 4th floor complained to her that her room did not even lock and the bathroom for the 4th floor single rooms (which is on the ground floor) also does not lock nor does it stay closed unless you get someone to hold it shut.
The worst hotel we have stayed in in Vietnam!

Room Tip: Avoid all rooms
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

We checked into the hotel in the morning and left immidiately for sightseeing. When we came back we discovered that not only the bathroom was dirty but the bed was unusable too. You could feel every bedspring. They even pierced through the matraze so you could hurt yourself easily. We ask at the reception if we could change rooms but now they wanted twice the price and the matraze wasn't much better either. When we decided to leave they refused to give us back our passports and made us pay the whole price for the entire night. Absolute nightmare. We can just recommend to avoid this place at any cost!

• Stayed May 2011
Cracow
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

We stayed in this hotel NHAT HUY HOANG for 3 nights. While checking in, we were witness' of the argue between staff and guests. Unfortunately we didn't think that the same can happen to us. When we wanted to check out, the recepcionist accused us of making bed sheet dirty!! Totally crazy idea! They wanted us to pay for that 10$! They didn't want give us the passports back, shouting and arguing. We spent in the hotel 7 hours waiting for the passports! During this time other guests were charged extra money every time while checking out. Finally two recepcioist came to us, crying, they said that they have to pay this money. So we gave up and paid. Now, after reading the recommendation above we are almost sure that "the recepctionists' desperation" is just sipmly the show for tourists. Who knows how long they practise it? Don't even go there, because the owner, as well as the staff, is just totally crazy and don't expect there any fair solution. They will always find a way to charge you extra money, simply cheating.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

I was utterly disgusted at the staff, particularly the manager, in this hotel. Money went missing out of my purse whilst it was in my room. The manager refused to talk to me about it even though I was being perfectly reasonable and just wanting to talk to her. I then had a 'meeting' with her and a lady on reception where they just talked in Vietnamese and ignored me. The lady on reception then ran off crying because the manager had said she had taken it. The poor girl! She was utterly devastated. Next day, I find out that the girl has been fired with no wages paid and then when I come to check out wanting the money taken off my bill, I was called all names under the sun and they charged me in full. Fair enough stick up for your staff and say its just not possible that money could have gone missing, but don't sack a member of staff over it, be rude to your customers and then charge them fully when you have refused to pay the sacked member of staff her wages on the basis she is a thief.

Other than this, the staff were really miserable and not friendly. The rooms on the ground floor had not windows and so it was a like a stuffy hot box. Yes the rooms were serviced daily, but I'd rather not have them serviced and not have my money taken thank you very much!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Nhat Huy Hoang Hotel? Share your experiences!