“Poor quality work” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #39 of 324 Shopping in Hoi An
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: They are tailors.
Pukekohe, New Zealand
12 attraction reviews
“Poor quality work”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I ordered 8 items of clothing here, based on other Trip Advisor ratings. But we were greatly disappointed. We are not small people - size 16 for me, and it seems like they couldn't deal with my size and shape. The clothes were a poor fit and not at all well made. While the staff were nice and tried hard to get things right, they failed abysmally and we ended up taking only 3 items of the 8 we originally ordered and getting some money back (we had paid a 50% deposit). The overall experience was stressful and awful, and the cost of 2 shirts and 1 blouse ended up at $US85 - shocking for pretty average stuff!

Visited April 2013

Oslo, Oslo, Norway
“Fantastic service, high quality and eloquent english speaking staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Me and my friend were looking to get some customised suits to flash back at home. We decided upon Nu Ni based upon Tripadvisor rating and their location in a bit more quiet place than the rest of the tailors in town. We were met by two very charming ladies that really knows their trade. We bought 3 suits and 6 shirts and a suede jacket for a total of around 400 dollars. At Nu Ni you can find your price range depending on the quality of fabric you choose, so there should be something for everyone here. The ladies are willing to bargain, but we felt little need for that since we got good offers straight away.

Nu Ni did 3 rounds of fittings and customisations for us all within 48hrs. They work incredibly quick and do also ship abroad. Try to be as specific as you can when deciding what to get. Taking with you or emailing a photo of what you had in mind is very useful. They also have vast amounts of fashin catalogues to choose from so no worries if u dont have one.

I would sincerely recommend Nu Ni to all travelers in Hoi An, as they have quality fabrics, a good fashion sense and incredible service.

Im ordering more when I get back to europe!

Enjoy!

Visited March 2013
Toronto
“To heck with the rest, just go for the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My girlfriend and I came here on the recommendation of our Australian friends; we met them in Hanoi and had a chance to inspect the quality of their clothing first hand, before visiting the shop. Let me say, we were both absolutely impressed at the quality and feel of the materials used. It was clear to us then that these people take great pride in their work.

Once we visited the shop we found the ladies to be very friendly and helpful. Though the selection was large, the ladies helped us select the styles that would suit us best. The prices were very reasonable, especially for the quality of the garments. Have your own style in mind? No problem! My girlfriend brought in a picture of a dress from Victoria's Secret and a day later, she was wearing that dress, fitted just for her.

We went back for 4 fittings and each time any necessary adjustments were made, no questions asked. Nuni Tailor's aren't satisfied until you are. One of our favorite things about this business is that it is a total family operation; from the ladies selling the garments to the tailors crafting them, it's family run through and through and this is evident everywhere, from the attention to detail to the quality of the clothes.

We were so impressed by our garments that we ordered more each day; once we saw how good we looked, we just had to. We referred 2 other groups of people there while our garments were being made; one of our friends ordered a shirt and it was completed for him within an hour since he was leaving town. Case in point: this shop is customer service oriented; you won't get that corporate feel here of being just another number (*cough* Kimmy Shop *cough*).

All in all, we had a wonderful experience here and we highly recommend this tailor to anyone (heck, we already have). There are so many shops in Hoi An; come here where you know you'll get great garments at a fair price, and go spend your time enjoying the beautiful beaches.

We will most certainly be back and should we be overcome by the desire to have some more of that Nuni-goodness before we do, it's only an e-mail away: They'll keep your measurements on hand for 5 years and ship anywhere in the world!

Happy Shopping!

Visited March 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Great Tailors with Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

My Wife and I visited Hoi An in February 2013 and went to Nu Ni at 119 Tran Hung Dao Street. The ladies there were great, fun, professional and have a very good eye for fashion and what will complement your look taking all your measurements and recommending fabrics & colours. Then the work gets started usually overnight with their Brother putting it all together.

We had 11 pieces of clothing made in total from suits to work uniforms and were impressed by everything we received, all fitted superbly as they allowed for two additional fittings for any alterations to be made.

Since February we have recommended Nu Ni to two friends who had approximately 14 garments made and reported that they were also extremely impressed by all of their work from Nu Ni.

(Whoever you chose to make your clothing, always allow 2-3 days for fitting so any necessary alterations can be made.)

Happy Shopping.

Visited February 2013
6 attraction reviews
“Excellent Service in the middle of Hoi An!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

I had three dress shirts made while I was there. The two sisters who run the store are both professional and courteous. Prices are very reasonable and the quality is top notch. They have a huge variety of fabric to choose from and when I didn't find the cloth I wanted they took me to their fabric outlet.
Beware there are many scam tailors in Hoi An. Nu ni Tailors are not one of them. The sisters truly care about thier customers and they take great pride in thier work! They even took my measurements when I left so I can make future orders.
Highly, highly recommended.