“Great fresh food that will be customised to your liking” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
George town, penang
“Great fresh food that will be customised to your liking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Me and my girlfriend went here nearly every day during our 5 day stay in Hoi An. We had breakfast here several times and had muesli and fresh fruit salad with tea and fresh milk and an omelet to share. Unlike many restaurants in Vietnam if the owner didnt have something on the menu she would head out and buy the required ingredients. The Cau Lau is very cheap and to die for and was much better than others we tried around the town. One day my partner wanted noodles with chicken which wasnt on the menu but once again the owner happily obliged. I would recommend you give this place a try and I am almost sure you will go back.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Hands down the best in Hoi An”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Hi all that reads this review..Sunshine cafe is the best place to eat in Hoi an, it's got everything value for money, brilliant food, and the lady that owns it, is awesome.. I've spent the past 4 weeks just in Hoi AN. I've tried and tasted loads of other restaurants. And nothing compares to SUNSHINE.. see for your self.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing food! Much better than cafe 43!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We came back to Sunshine this year whilst on holiday after discovering it travelling last year, the food is still amazing & consistently so rather than cafe 43 (opposite) where it can be a bit hit or miss. The service is great & Mickey the dog is hilarious, you are made to feel extremely welcome. So many people just walk straight into Cafe 43 without giving Sunshine two glances & we would have done the same had cafe 43 not been full when we tried to go there last year- so glad it was as we would never have discovered how amazing it really is!

Singapore, Singapore
“Extremely Slow Service--Waited 45 Mins”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I will establish this at the outset: proprietress is SUPER nice and warm and friendly.

I wouldn't fault her entirely for slow service--when I went yesterday night she was the only one cooking for everyone outside. But I think keeping someone waiting for 45 mins for a plate of spring roll is really quite a stretch.

Table opposite me was also still waiting (1h45mins when I checked with them) as I took my leave. I felt very sorry for all of us hungry people outside, as well as the sole cook inside probably frantic about rushing out all the orders.

That said, food is cheap (35000d for spring roll, 25000d for fried rolls) But there are also cheaper and quicker service elsewhere.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Best restaurant in Hoi An”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

This little restaurant across road from Phuoc An hotel and from Cafe 43, is great. The hostess/cook is friendly and her meals are fabulous. Price normal, authentic home cooked food. We have eaten at many restaurants in Hoi An over our last three visits and this is our favourite. Pleasant surrounding including Micky the dog! Recommended over any other restaurant in this part of town.

• Visited May 2012