“Farming and fishing tour” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Have you ever been experienced to ride a very unique Vietnamese bamboo basket boat? Have you ever ridden a water buffalo known to be " The BMW of Viet Nam" from a rice farm? Would you like to go fishing with local people to catch fish for a " Lunch" on board? Would you love biking throughout countryside to enjoy beautiful scenery of outskirts and meet the locals in around Hoi An? Would you like to explore a water coconut palm paradise with its interesting story about the V.C soldiers life before 1975? How about an early magic sunrise and sunset at a local fishing market? Will you be interested in learning how to grow and transplant rice with local Vietnamese farmers? Would you love to see "Captain Jack Sparrow" in Hoi An and enjoy the best local meals cooked by "Captain Cook" at the End of the world restaurant? Say "Yes" and let's go with Hoi An Eco-tour. We assure that you will have the best and real experience about the local people way of life that is very suitable for many people's all of ages.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Ipswich, Queensland, Australia
“Farming and fishing tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I went on this tour not knowing what to expect, and found that our tour guide, Johny Hoa, was amazing as he helped reawaken by bike riding skills from 30 years ago. Everything we saw was a new experience , from farming to net throwing and a beautiful lunch on the boat.. It was definitely the highlight of my holiday in Hoi An. Thank you to a wonderful guide and boat crew.

Visited November 2013
JT734, Owner at JackTran's Ecotours - Day Tours, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear Andy V,

Warmest regards from Jack Tran and The Hoi An Eco-Tour Family !

Thank you so much for your very nice review on the TRIPADVISOR. How beautiful it is to read your feedback as far as your Farming & Fishing Life tour is concerned. We are very pleased to hear that the Farming & Fishing Life trip was your highlight in Hoi An. We thank you as well for biking back after 30 years without biking. I hope the tour with us was a pretty lifetime gift for you and your partner while visiting Hoi An ancient town.

Again, one behalf of my family and my team, I am Jack Tran, the managing Director would love to thank you so much for joining tour with my crews. I wish you would have a memorable holiday in Viet Nam and wish to see you back with us next time.

All the best luck,

Jack Tran & The Team

• Korean first
“Jack Tran farming and fishing ecotour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Really was first rate. You felt that you were able to see the locals genuine normal work but also knowing they got financial benefit also. But you have got to find interesting how a minute 69 year old woman waters her market garden for example. Fishing trip was more obvious fun but fasinating to see the way of life so closely. Chat on how the Viet Cong hid in the water coconuts you were floating in and were shot at by the Americans felt all very real. Food and eco team all excellent.

JT734, Owner at JackTran's Ecotours - Day Tours, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Phil M,

Warmest greetings from Jack Tran's Hoi An Eco-tour Family in Hoi An, Viet Nam !

Thank you very much for reviewing us on the TRIPADVISOR, the biggest world travel site. My name is Jack Tran, the owner of JACK TRAN HOI AN ECO-TOUR. I am very delighted to read your beautiful review on the TRIPADVISOR and I am very glad that you had a great time to interact with the local people on my tour such as a 69 year old widow working her own on the garden farm, fishing experiences with fishermen, chatting with our guide about the V.C soldiers and The US. Army at the water coconut jungle, lunch with our captain cook, fun with my Eco team's activities on the board.

On behalf of my team, I would love to express our thanks for joining Farming & Fishing Life tour with us. There are a lot of different activities for you to come back and try like: Wet Rice Farmer tour, The Country Life Experience, Fish & Rice, Buffalo Pulling Cart, cultural adventure ...etc.

All the best wishes and have a great holiday in Vietnam !

Jack Tran and the team
Burlington, Canada
“A true highlight of our trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

We did the farming and fishing tour. It was a great day. On any tour the staff make all the difference. Hue, our guide was a delight and on the boat Giap and Liem were similarly great. The various activities were fun and interesting and lunch at the end was our best in Vietnam so far. If you are in Hoi An, don't miss this opportunity.

Visited November 2013
JT734, Owner at JackTran's Ecotours - Day Tours, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear William L,

Big hugs and loves from Jack Tran's Hoi An Eco-Tour family !

On behalf of our team who was assisting you on your Farming & Fishing Life tour with us including Hue, the guide,Giap, The Captain Cook and and Liem, the boat dancer Gangnam Style, I am Jack Tran, the owner would love to thank you so much for reviewing us on the TRIPADVISOR, one of the biggest travel world site. It is fantastic to learn that you and your partner had had a wonderful trip with my crews throughout the tour with different activities were fun and exciting. It is also lovely to hear you had a best meal on our board cooked by our Captain Cook.

Thank you very much once again for joining tour with us and I wish you all would have a lovely trip in Viet Nam. Your recommendation about us to your family, friends and travel agents...etc will be highly appreciated.

Best wishes and enjoy your holiday !

Jack Tran and the team
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
“Best Day Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I went into this not knowing what to expect...but it was awesome. We were lucky to just be in a group of two, but I still think it would be a great trip.

Biking through the farmland was nice and relaxing, and quite interesting too. We checkout out a local market and got to see how many of the locals live and work.

Then we went to the rice farm where we got to plant and transfer rice, ride a buffalo, be towed by the buffalo, grind rice, and make our own rice pancakes. The buffalo was awesome and they are treated really nicely. The food was amazing and very very filling. Great day and really good value!

The tour guide was really nice, patient and helped immensely. We didn't feel any time pressure whatsoever. Best day trip for me of the trip.

Visited August 2013
JT734, Owner at JackTran's Ecotours - Day Tours, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Humphrey S,

Warmest regards from Jack Tran's Hoi An Eco-Tour Family !

On behalf of the local farmers and our guide, I am Jack Tran, the owner would love to thank you so much for reviewing us on the TRIPADVISOR, the world travel largest site. It is wonderful to learn you enjoyed your Wet Rice Civilization Tour with us immensely. I hope so much that the experience to make your own pancake, rice grind, buffalo ride, rice harvest, towed by buffalo..etc will be unforgettable experience with JACK TRAN HOIAN ECO-TOUR.

Thanks again for joining tour with us and we wish to see you back next time.

Kindest regards,

Jack Tran
Elgin, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Great way to see country side around Hoi An.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed both the bicycle (took a while to remember how) tour through the rice paddies and a local village garden and the boat trip to a fishing village. Had the opportunity to try net-casting and coracle-paddling then enjoyed a tasty lunch cooked by the captain on the boat. The staff is young, delightful and enthusiastic.

Visited November 2013
JT734, Owner at JackTran's Ecotours - Day Tours, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear dmm47,

Warmest regards from Jack Tran Hoi An Eco-Tour Family in the ancient city of Hoi An- Vietnam !

Thank you very much for reviewing us on the TRIPADVISOR, The World travel largest site. We are so glad to hear that you had had a great experience on the Farming & Fishing Life tour with our crews like riding bike thru the rice paddy, local organic herb garden visit, and (water buffalo ride that you might have forgotten) coracle paddling, net fishing, tasty lunch cooked by our captain Cook on the boat.

Again, on behalf of my family, we would like to thank you for having experienced with our family. We wish you had enjoyed your visit in Vietnam and looking forward to seeing you back next time.

Best wishes,