“Worth doing if you want a suit” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #55 of 311 Shopping in Hoi An
Type: Shops, Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: A Dong Silk Tailors strives towards “Personal Satisfaction” in all its business operations. Enhancing the lives of all in its operations is essential to the company’s success. From employees to customers, A Dong Silk achieves this philosophy by bringing together Hoi An’s most skilled tailors, working together to build the best living and working environments, creating quality products, and providing customers with lasting impressions and wonderful experiences. We treat our employees with respect and our customers with appreciation.
Canada
“Worth doing if you want a suit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Firstly I should mention I am a person who really
Dislikes clothes shopping but decided a suit at this cost
Could not be passed up.

I bought one of the lower cost suits (120$) and
Got a free shirt thrown in.

It was painless. From picking materials to being
Measured I would say I was out of there within
45 minutes. Ladies were very friendly and professional.
Came back next day and a few alterations done.
Next day all was done.

If you are thinking of getting some clothes done
I would highly recommend.

Visited October 2012

Griffith, Australia
4 attraction reviews
“A Dong Top Quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My wife and I each had a couple of items made at A Dong. The fabric choices were good quality and the fit of the suits were excellent. The staff were very accommodating and professional in their approach. They know their trade and can give advice on what will go, what will work and what you should leave behind. The results were two dresses, two suits, two shirts and an extra pair of trousers. They look really good, are comfortable and well made. Remember, in Hoi An as anywhere ele, you get what you pay for.

Visited September 2012
ADongSilkTailoring, Owner at A Dong Silk Tailors, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear valued customer,

Thank you for trusting us to be your source for top quality tailoring in Hoian. We appreciate your kind expressions of appreciation, and are especially grateful for the recent order.
We enjoy working with you and hope we can continue to have opportunities to work together. If I can be of any assistance in inquiries or discussions about how to meet additional needs, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Owner
London
“Bespoke suit experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My Fiancé and I had some clothes made with A Dong Silk whilst in Hoi An. We used A Dong Silk as a friend who visited two years previously had a suit made and is still using it and therefore we had confidence in the quality.

We had two suits and a long dress made to fit. We were fortunate in that we were in Hoi An long enough to have several fittings. We worked with Vy and Binh who provided the highest level of service on each of our visits.

Sadly my first choice in suit material wasn't available so they kindly helped me settle on a second in order to ensue that I could have the two suits made.

Whilst A Dong Silk is probably not the cheapest in town they provide an extremely high standard of service and The quality of work appears excellent. For me part of the experience is being able to choose your own materials, having the chance to have a bespoke tailor made suits measured and fitted to you. It's not the sort of thing I do in the UK and experiencing this in Vietnam was a lot of fun.

Visited October 2012
Paris, France
“Excellent work”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Amazed by the professionalism of the employees at A Dong Silk, I actually got my first really good suit in my life. Having difficult measures (I'm very tall and slim), it's difficult to find confectionary suits that go well. The result is absolutely fabulous!

Visited September 2012
“Perfect product, perfect service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

I came to Hoian and wanted to make some dresses copied. I brought my picture to ADS that's highly recommended by my friend and Trip. It's fantastic and honest, so surprised with what they could make. My husband had 2 suits, 1 jacket and I had 2 dresses. They fit perfect
I will come back and recommend to my friend.