We arrived very tired on the bus from Hue and thought the price of 10 USD is not gonna be beaten by other competitors, so we went for the cheap & easy deal. The receptionist told us that 10 USD would not include AC but it would be an extra charge of 1 USD only. We left it open for further consideration.
However, after having dinner, we came back and our room was BOILING. So we went down to the reception and asked for the AC remote control. This is where the hassle began:
1) The person supposed to talk to us was more interested in online gaming than talking to us and help solving our problem.
2) He said something like "you cannot have it, because you only paid 10 USD". We said, we know that it will cost more but it should be 1 USD, as we were told upon arrival. His reply was "1 person 1 USD, 2 person 2 USD"!!!!
3) After that, we also realized a couple of other things. The hot shower was only hot for about 3min. My girlfriend did not have any warm water at all.
4) The internet was down the whole day.
5) The room smelled like urin. We had a look at the matrace in the morning and suprise surprise - it was not "NEW" anymore.
6) The restaurant is a complete rip-off (so are the fridges in the rooms). Go to CAFE 43, if you want great meals for great value!!! It is only a 5min walk from the hotel.
After all, I cannot recommend this place, although it is cheap and well-located. We are not worried about paying a dollar more or less but WE DO CARE about customer-focus, and this is certainly something you don't find here!!!
- Also Known As:
- Hoa Binh Hoi An
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Hoa Binh Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.