“Great tailor with great prices” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #225 of 277 shopping in Hoi An
Type: Shops
Attraction Details
victoria
“Great tailor with great prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Just been back to Hoi An for my yearly visit and once again had clothes made by Thanh Tu and Thao at their shop. I have never been disappointed with purchases I have had made there and once again I left with top quality clothing for a very good price. Firstly you are made very welcome, she even made coffee for me while we chose the materials I wanted. She has a vast array of beautiful materials for you to choose from and if she doesn't have exactly what you want, she will find it for you. Nothing is too much bother in Thanh Tu cloth shop. She is a great help, making suggestions regarding items you are having made and her Thao vast experience as tailors is a great help. Nothing leaves her shop until she is happy with the product. She is one of the cheapest tailors in Hoi An but that does not mean her clothing is cheaply done, instead her clothing is a very high quality and she takes pride in her work. She makes clothing for all sizes and you are not made uncomfortable if you have a curvier figure. I recommend a visit to talk about clothing you would like made on your next visit to Hoi An

Visited June 2013

• Vietnamese first
United States
4 attraction reviews
“Back for More!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Based on my fabulous experience with this shop five years ago, I made sure to add it to the itinerary when planning my trip to Hoi An this time around. Five years may have passed, but owner is still as hospitable as before and even more welcoming! To save time from going through the design catalogs available at the shop, I brought in designs found online for the tailors to imitate. There is a great variety of fabrics to choose from and the owner is very knowledgeable about what works for what! The outfits were ready to be tried on the next day and adjustments were complimentary to ensure the clothes perfectly fit. In the end, I left with several tube skirts, dress shirts, sundresses, and dress pants. Measurements were recorded so that I could contact the shop later for future orders. Overall, I am very satisfied with my experience here. The clothes were beautifully made, very reasonably priced, and the staff provided amazing customer service.

Visited June 2013
“Happy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Lovely staff- if a little rough at first but that appears to be a cultural difference. They made sure you were happy made all and any adjustments required!! The two ladies felt like friends as I left. I would recommend here although I can't say that they are better than any other as it seems the viatnemese know how to tailor!!!

Visited July 2012
USA
“Friendly service & reasonable price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

In fact, I had read some reviews here before visiting this shop, and the experience did not upset me at all.
The owner was extremely friendly. They provide a very welcoming and comfortable environment. If you have any questions about Hoi An, they are also willing to give you best suggestions.
I bought 2 suits, 1 pencil skirt and 2 shirts. I am a picky person, but most of them were perfectly fit and any required adjustments were quickly made.
I went to the shop with a friend who has a problem with her weigh. However, thanks to the owner's suggestions on styles and materials, she finally got some satisfied outfits for this trip.
In addition, all the clothes can be delivered to your hotel if you want.
With such top-notch materials and well-tailored outfits, the price was very reasonable compared to other shops'.
Furthermore, I heard that they kept the record of your measurement so you can always order from abroad and the clothes will be packed and delivered to you.
I had a great experience at Thanh Tu so I will come back for sure.

Visited September 2012
Eureka, CA
7 attraction reviews
“Good tailors, budget friendly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

My husband & I were in Hoi An recently, there are MANY tailors in Hoi An. We decided to try Thanh Tu, at first we were skeptical because they were so inexpensive in comparison to some others, we tried a fitted shirt for my husband first to see how they would work out. It fit perfectly on the first try, he ended up getting another fitted shirt & two pairs of pants for work, I got two fitted shirts. Everything fit perfectly the first try, no fittings required! Everyone at this shop is very friendly & helpful, the prices are affordable. We found out the reason that they are a little less expensive than some of the other tailors is they do not source their work out to other shops they do the work in their own family.

I definately plan to use this shop again next time I go to Hoi An!

Visited May 2012