“cheap!!!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“cheap!!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

we went to Can Cafe along the riverside (74 Bach Dang) for dinner one night. the food was good, especially the fried wontons! the noodle dishes come with chili sauce and soy sauce for you to choose how much flavour you want (otherwise its a bit bland) and was yummy. the garlic bread was just warm bread with garlic pieces, so not what we thought but still ok. the setting was lovely, the service was ok, the waiters seem a bit bored but the food was quick. lastly, the price. for a sit down restaurant it was probably the cheapest we've been to. a few entries 2 mains and drinks was only $10!

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Adelaide
“Cafe don't”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Can't believe I didn't check trip advisor before choosing this place for dinner. It looked beautiful and was busy.
The service was appalling. You would have thought it was illegal to smile. Food was middling at best. Mrs Oil had wonton soup and salad - she is struggling to remember it now. I had roast duck and greens - boring rubbish. The masso San Miguel beers - cold and reasonably priced - were the highlight. I would have given these clowns a rating of 1 but Mo the waiter called me back to retrieve Mrs Oils hat, the second act of kindness for the night, the first being a promtp bill so we could get the hell out of there.
Like I said it was busy... busy with people not using trip advisor.
Ps Mrs Oil just said my yeasty beer belch in her vicinity had more flavor and texture than her soup.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“No problem at all! Yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

We didn't have any problems like the other reviewers. Maybe it's best to go out of season like we did it was much quieter and a lovely atmosphere and setting right on the river front. I highy recommend the grilled eggplant- it was so tasty that we ordered another one!!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Treviso, Italy
“Awful Service / Ok food!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We picked this restaurant one evening because the terrace looked quite welcoming, but after a while sat I was overcome with a certain anguish.The service was awful, we had to wait ages to order and it declined from there. It started to rain and the staff were more interested in putting up umbrellas to keep the outside tables dry for later, rather than re-seating us and serving our food. I repeatedly had to ask for them to relight my hot pot and at one point the girl actually had handed me a fire lighter to place under it, passable in other situations but not when I was rolling my own fresh rolls, hence had to go and wash my hands in the middle of my meal. They were rude and not bothered in providing anything like customer service. Food was ok, but you can eat much better in numerous other places in Hoi An.

Avoid!

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Cafe can't be bothered”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Tempted in by the lovely garden setting. Don't be fooled! So appallingly bad it was laughable! Our food took an age to arrive, some of which arrived before the rest and was cold. One of our party had his meal 30 minutes after us. We tried to constructively complain but were brushed off. DO NOT EAT HERE! Please don't waste an evening of your precious holidays in this poor excuse of a restaurant. I wanted to rate this as zero but we actually found this eventful night humerous!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere