“Cheap and good food” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
“Cheap and good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Really cheap beer and good food. Staff very friendly and good atmosphere. I met several people who had eaten here multiple times. The fish was amazing! Would highly recommend.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Slovak first
“Such a diamond in the rough!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

From the Appearance and the location you may not think much of this place but after having the same breakfast I always ordered everyday elsewhere I knew from the first bite this place was amazing. They turned my usual plain dish into an orgasm of flavor in every bite! I had to return later that evening for a one on one cooking class that was excellent! The girl who taught me was very informative and it was dirt cheap. Not a touristy walk to the market class like I saw advertised everywhere else, just sit down, introduce the ingredients, cook and take notes! Then you get to enjoy your creations!! The spring rolls were the best ive had ANYWHERE IN ASIA!! And the papaya salad with shrimp is out of this world. Would have eaten there every meal if I didn't find it on my last day in Hoi an. It's a must try for your trip!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Melbourne, Australia
“Very Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We thought this was the second best meal we had in Hoi An (White Marble was by far the best).
The food was fresh & very tasty, lovely setting with great service with a smile!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Coventry, United Kingdom
“You have to eat here!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Cafe 43 is fantastic. The food is the best that I have eaten since arriving in Vietnam (3 weeks ago). The steamed beef in a banana leaf is delicious, as is the stuffed squid. The food and beer is extremely cheap. Do no miss out on a visit. I was recommended Cafe 43 (whilst travelling in Thailand) and I didn't visit Cafe 43 until my 2nd night in Hoi An. I wish I'd visited on my first night. I ate there on my 2nd, 3rd and last night in Hoi An! I also did a cookery course, so I have learned to cook 3 delicious meals from the menu.
I can recommend the stuffed squid, steamed beef in a banana leaf, chicken with chilli and lemongrass, papaya salad with shrimp, white rose....yum yum!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brisbane, Australia
“..and don't forget the "cooking class"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Based on reviews on Trip Advisor we went to Cafe 43. We found the food very nice and reasonably priced. We enjoyed a few glasses of their 'fresh beer' for around 15 cents per glass. We also decided to do their cooking class particularly as we were disappointed with the Red Bridge Cooking school that we had done previously.
The young lady who ran the class was professional in both her preparation and presentation. We could choose any three dishes off the menu to cook, so it was an advantage to have eaten there. The class went for around two hours and cost US$5 plus the price of the meals on the menu. Hence for a total of less than US$20 for two we had an extremely enjoyable private cooking lesson together with a great meal. Thank-you
Judy and Nev, Australia