“The best place I've stayed so far!” 5 of 5 stars

Hoang Trinh Hotel
45 Le Quy Don Hoi An, Hoi An 0510, Vietnam   |
Ranked #26 of 109 Hoi An B&B and Inns
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“The best place I've stayed so far!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I've been travelling all around the world for the past 4 years, and this place is definitely the best guesthouse/hotel I've stayed in. I spent 2 nights and 3 days here and absolutely loved it. I honestly thought that the staff were truly helpful and genuinely friendly towards us. The younger girls are a bit shy when it comes to making conversation, but that's not their job to do so. There were about 2 other men around there that we saw, I believe just greeting guests with fruit/drinks on our way in or moving our bikes for us - their English wasn't all the great, but they were really kind. Just them asking us how we were and being present at all times was enough. We met the owner and she was magnificent! She spoke more to us and we felt like she cared about her guests. I thought the staff were well put together and superb.

The rooms were AMAZING. They were really fancy and clean for the price that you're paying (I'm a budget traveller and I thought that this place was suitable for two people to split the price. It's definitely worth it to spend somewhere that's clean, cozy, and comfortable for just an extra dollar). We had two beds for two people, the bathroom was great. And honestly, it tried to be very modern but you can still sense the Vietnamese style and furnishing in it - which is what it should be like considering that we are in Viet Nam and in such an old style little city. There wasn't anything wrong w/ our shower or our room. I thought the rooms were wonderful and the best sleep I've gotten in the past two weeks of travelling.

Breakfast was outstanding! I've never had been offered by SO much free food before by a guesthouse. It comes with what you pay, and believe me...$11 for how much breakfast you want , your room, pick up, other gifts, is more than worth it! The menu is large, the portions were large, huge fruit platter, you can pick and order anything that you like. I thought it was the best part to my stay. I absolutely enjoyed the breakfast food! Well done!

Luckily, we were there when they hosted an unlimited buffet dinner for all of their guests. OMG! If you're missing out on delicious Hoi An or just Vietnamese delicacies, all was provided at this free buffet dinner. The staff were there to help you with any questions of, "what's this?" or to help you get anything that you want. They were really smiley and just friendly! The food was homecooked and stunningly presented. We feasted, drank, and met other guests - what a beautiful gesture by the hotel! Thank you so much for your time and dedication. I thought the dinner was out of the way for them to put together, and they made sure we were full before we left! I just can't stay enough about this buffet dinner because I've never come across such giving hotels before! Also, fantastic way to meet others.

They're there to help you with anything that you need. It takes two to start a conversation and to reach out. I can't recommend this hotel more. They definitely try hard and you can tell in the way they take care of you. Vietnamese people care by giving you gifts (I got a mini free bag when I checked out, and it's those famous Vietnamese type that Im going to keep forever!), and feeding you! They definitely cared by doing those two things plus the most comfortable and CLEAN stay!

This was like my home and I absolutely loved it. I would stay here every chance I get!
Thank you SO much to everyone there for your hard work! Deeply appreciated and very memorable and my friends and family.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

594 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

After a grueling 16 hour bus journey from Nha Trang we arrived in Hoi An at 6am. We were picked up by a driver from the hotel and were welcomed with tea and biscuits by the friendly staff. Our room was comfortable and clean and we had a bath which was amazing.

The unlimited breakfast special was incredible! The hotel is in a quiet location and only a short walk from the main hub of the old town. We were always greeted by friendly smiles and were always asked if everything was okay. One evening the owner put on a great feast for all the guests and it was a lovely way to meet everyone and enjoy some great Vietnamese food.

When we checked out we were given a present each as a reminder of our lovely stay. A nice touch and we will most certainly remember our time at Hoang Trinh Hotel.

Thank you!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night after being in Hanoi and Hue. After the reviews on trip advisor and a recommendation from our motorbike tour guide we were excited to arrive. The staff was very welcoming when we did. As mentioned the macaroons were great. That is where the good points end for us.

Our room was sufficient - what we expect for this price point. Our shower was the worst we have had thus far in Vietnam. It looked as if it were still under construction and the pan on thbottom was cracked which we later foundout meant that the water leaked all over the bathroom and into the room. The water took over an hour to heat up and did not last two quick body showers. Yes there is wifi but the signal is very week most places and generally slow for vietnam standards. Our bed had no blankets or top sheets on them. We found extra blankets in the closet but they were throw blanket size and didn't cover one person let alone two in the double bed.

Out of the electrical outlets in our room only one worked - behind the bed. We ended up unplugging the fridge to charge our camera batteries. The staff were quite non verbal with us - us having to seek out someone for breakfast and for checkout. Sat in the lobby area while waiting for our taxi and no one said hi or even made eye contact.

Generally we travel pretty simply and are used to hotels at this price point. In the end we are glad we were only there one night. We are happy that this place is not a true reflection on Vietnam as everywhere else has been over the top amazing.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

We could not find this at first. After going round in many sweaty circles and having been chased by a dog, a kind local girl helped me and my husband to get there. Just in case you go, Opposite a jeans shop on tran hung dao, further up is a big building, after which is a little lane... here you can just see the sign peeping out of the foliage.

Soon as we arrived we were welcomed with the uptmost understanding and hospitality from the young receptionist, which after a long journey meant a lot to us. After a swift check in we too indulged in the coconut macaroons, bananas and cinnamon tea... and yes, the macaroon were divine!

Our $22 room was less like a hotel and had more personal touches, which we liked but understand this may not be to everone's taste. The room came with complimentary tea making facilities and a thermos topped up with hot water everday. The 2nd floor room we stayed at had a fridge, tv, wardrobrobe. It also had a quaint pair of chairs around a little table seating as an alternative seating area... a luxury which as backpackers we are not used to!

That night we were invited to a guesthouse dinner... this was complimentary, delicious and a wonderful opportunity to mingle with the different guests. We had a really good time.

The hotel is about a 2minute walk from the start of the shops, 5-7minutes from the japanese bridge near the centre. The walking is ideal to work off a hearty meal, especially in the evening. The complimentary breakfast variety we found to be outstanding. Yes sometimes the omlettes and fillings is baguettes is greasy, but not heavy... and very flavoursome and filling.

Upon checking out we were presented with departure gifts (sob!) And were personally seen to our taxi by the manager, who is a very warm and friendly lady.

It is our first experience of being so warmly accepted by any hotel establishment and we cannot rate this place highly enough. Its a great budget find for those who want to stay close to the centre in a peaceful haven.

• Stayed January 2013
Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

We booked here a double room for 20 usd including breakfast. After a taxi picked us up from the bus station we were wellcomed with tea, bananas and coconut cookies. The room was clean, but without window. The staff were very helpful and nice. The pancake in the breakfast was amazing!!! In the second day of our stay we decided (for financial reasons) to cancel the breakfast and it cost us 15 usd for a night. The only bad thing was that the bus company that they booked for us was really bad (cuc tung) and they shouldnt work with that company (dirty buses).

• Stayed March 2013
County Durham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Very nice & clean hotel the room was really beutiful & shower spot on. Got a lovely welcome when we arrived tea, fruit & the best coconut macaroons the staff where great really nice & helpful wish I could of stayed longer if I ever returned would defo stay here again. Just to top it off the breakfast was great came with a plate of fresh fruit everyday.

• Stayed January 2013
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Perfect service, you even get free drinks when entering the hotel (not only when arriving).

The rooms are I would say average, nothing special but for the price good value and all clean. Only thing was that there was some noise in our room we could not get rid off.

Breakfast was great, definetly try the banana pancake. Lemon juice was very sweet, but the orange juice was nice.

Overall the service makes the hotel perfect! Recommended!

Room Tip: 305 has a nice view