“Very welcoming” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 115 Hoi An B&B and Inns
birmingham, England
“Very welcoming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

All the reviews are correct. Lovely little family run business just outside the main town. We had room 206, it was cluttered with nowhere to put luggage, 2 beds were in our room, there was no shower curtain, no sheet to cover us at nit but we loved it. Breakfast was plentiful, and the staff were friendly and courteous. Hoi An was lovely and should have stayed longer than our 2 days. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Santa Rosa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are average. Comfortable, quiet. The location is very convenient to Old Town and the Japanese Covered Bridge. The service is great, always with a smile and extremely helpful. But what really sets this place apart from the rest is the breakfast which is included at no extra charge. The food is excellent. I ordered 2 breakfasts for myself as I couldn't decide between the huge fresh fruit platter or an omelet with potatoes and a fresh baguette. Also, great Vietnamese coffee! I hated to leave and would definitely stay again next time I am in Hoi An.

• Stayed January 2013
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for four nights at Hoang Trinh Hotel, from the minute we arrived we felt welcome. Madam An and her wonderful team are always there to help when needed.
The location is quiet and a short easy walk into the Unesco Village. The room are large and our room had lovely large bath with shower. Its great value with a lovely breakfast included. We will always stay at Hoang Trinh and feel like part of the family!

• Stayed November 2012
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I had booked this hotel in April of 2012. We were so excited about staying here after reading the reviews.
So when we arrived and there was no one at the airport to meet us as planned.....my heart sank.
It all worked out in the end and I am not going into it because of that, but the short of it is that I emailed then in october to tell them of a flight change that the airline made...and they replied.
However they did not read it properly and so when we didn't land, they let our room out to walk in's.
After my refusing to go or be downstairs ( can be musty through flooding), I finally got through to them that perhaps they could move the walk in's and not us and then we could have our booked room...this is finally what happened. All of The staff were genuinly very upset about it.
So if the walk in's are reading this (they were offended to be moved downstairs and rude).....then tough, we had it booked for 9 months and it wasn't our fault.
The reason I started with this is so that you should all send a couple of emails and get them to acknowledge any flight changes or changes of any kind that you inform them of so it doesn't happen again.
Anyhow I shall move on to our stay..which was wonderful.
The rooms are very small and so we lived out of our suitcases, but this was a small price to pay for such a fabulous little gem of a hotel. Actually when I say rooms....I should say our room (204) and perhaps 206 which is the same apparently, room 203 was large ish as it only had the double bed.
The room was cleaned perfectly every day.
The beds were very hard, but I like that.
It was a little noisy first thing in the morning but we just giggled and called it our upstairs downstairs hotel.
The service all round was amazing. We got back from being out each day and were greeted with either a smoothie or a platter of pineapple or biscuits.
They provide you with umbrellas.
We were invited to the free dinner which was also fabulous. I think this must be done weekly as some guests to ours had been to one already.
Anything we wanted to know, the staff found out for us. They were always ready for a chat.
They have security which was pacifying.
The breakfast was absolutely amazing YUM. Best food in Hoi An.
We were given going away gifts too and so just as well that I had taken little token gifts from Australia as we wanted to give back somehow. @US$28 a night for the 3 of us, we were appreciative at finding such cheap accomodation after being away for almost a month.
The hotel is a short walk into town where we changed money at a little bank just through the traffic lights on the other side of the road.
Its a short walk from the old Japanese bridge too coming in from the other direction. Just before you get to the hotel is a little pharmacy if needed.
The hotel has a little family tailor too so if you want something made, that's a handy option.
We will definately be back to this hotel and were very sad to go. I must say though if we were not there at christmas (Dec/jan) when it's cool, I would stay in a hotel with a pool as it would be too hot to stay there without one. But that's my opinion, when it's hot, we like a pool.
Not a problem at this time of year though and the air con and fan worked very well if it got humid during the day.

Room Tip: I liked rooms 204, 206 (probably better being at the front view wise) both with 2 beds, double and s...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 days and Hoang Trinh was 1 of the highlights of being in Hoi An. Located right along the edge of the old town, Hoang Trinh is just a minute walk to the Japanese Bridge and the old town. Upon arrival you are served tea and biscuits, an during my stay Madam An (the owner) held a free dinner for all guests to welcome a repeat customer. This gave everyone a chance to interact when we normally wouldn't. The room was big and bright, and the toilet had a bathtub. No lift in the guesthouse, but it didn't bother me as I had little luggage. Next to the guesthouse is a little shop that rents bicycles for 20000 dong/1 USD.

• Stayed January 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have just read with interest some recent reviews of the Holiday Gold Hotel in Hanoi (where my wife and I stayed a couple of weeks ago and subsequently reviewed) as they were a very useful reminder that other peoples' expectations of accommodation may not be the same as ours. So I have tried to be as objective as possible in this review. The small hotel, run by 2 sisters, An and Lien, is located on the edge of the Old Quarter and within easy walking distance of the main attractions. The hotel has no lift but as it only has 3 floors then this, for us, was not a big problem. Rooms at the front overlook a temple and its surrounds and are probably preferable to the rooms at the back of the hotel (although we didn't have the opportunity to check these out). Now to the possible, for some travellers, problem areas. Our room was small and probably had too much furniture in it, which meant that we had to be very pragmatic when stowing luggage. The beds were comfortable and the sheets, though spotless, showed some signs of having been washed quite a lot. In the bathroom, the hand basin and tap unit functioned well but wobbled about a bit and, very occasionally, you got a slight whiff of the drains. However, for my wife and I - mature in age and, therefore, used to having our "creature comforts" - none of these represented any sort of major shortcoming and the overwhelmingly positives more than outweighed these. And what were the positives? - basically, the levels of service from all at the hotel. Some examples - on arrival, we were greeted with tea and cakes and given a detailed briefing about the hotel and what we could see and do in the area; every afternoon, on returning from our day's outing, we were immediately, and without asking, provided with cold drinks (mango, passion fruit smoothies etc); on one evening, the owners provided a free dinner as a "thank you" to their 25 or so guests; for breakfast, which was included in the price, you had full choice of the menu and could eat as much as you wished; the staff were always there to assist with travel arrangements, make reservations or whatever you required; on leaving the hotel, after 6 enjoyable days, my wife and I were given little presents - I could go on!. So if the negatives described above are important to you then this hotel, probably, is not for you. But for my wife and I, not only did it represent tremendous value for money but also gave us, probably our best and most intimate hotel experience so far in our journey through Vietnam - hence, a "little gem".

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have the best views
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

The best guesthouse/hotel we have stayed in Vietnam!

Room is clean and comfortable and there is this cute little balcony outside our room, which we spent our free time reading and writing post cards and watching the sunset... Breakfast is good - you can order whatever you like from the breakfast menu with lots of lots of fruits!

It is however, the hospitality of the the owner - Madam An and her staffs (all girls) that make this hotel stand out! Nothing was too much trouble and their customer care effortless and faultless.. Home from home and more... Thank you Madam An!

This place definitely lives up to the good...

Room Tip: Choose one with the balcony!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hoang Trinh Hotel? Share your experiences!