“4 point as a backpackers, 3 as a traveller” 3 of 5 stars

An Hoi Hotel
69 Nguyen Phuc Chu Str., Hoi An, Vietnam   |
Ranked #54 of 80 hotels in Hoi An
Budapest, Hungary
“4 point as a backpackers, 3 as a traveller”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

This hotel offers accomodation about a stone throw from Hoi An ancient city centre, but their rooms and facilities have some serious problem which are not so easy to overlook.

First: their pool was green. I mean completely green from the algae due to the lack of maintenance.
Second: we have met various representatives of the local fauna during our stay. List included a huge spider, small lizards and cockroaches.
Third: their air conditioning systems was working one day, then the next day it was dead.

Room Tip: Check the room for the following before you decide to book: - overall cleanliness - working aircon...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

231 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

Centrally located, comfortable hotel with courteous staff. The prices quoted ($17 - $25) are reasonable but can be slightly cheaper for the amenities offered. Its the location that helps this hotel the most. Overall, however after 2 days in Hoi An i would recommend this hotel to any type of traveler.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

The room we had was nice and clean with good A/C, nice bathroom and comfortable bed. It's located within 2 minutes walk of the Hoi An ancient town which is great! The restaurants are also only 1-2 minutes walk from the Hotel. There was a mix up with catching our bus to Hue, but we did make it. Would I stay at the An Hoi again, yes.

Room Tip: There's no elevator if that's a personal requirement, but the stairs are fine.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

No construction going on for our stay on 18th August. We turned up and only just got a room, people after us were turned away. We had a door/window balcony combination and paid US$25 per night. Cheap enough, and good value as the rooms were clean and tidy, complete with air con, fan and TV. Nice pool to cool down especially as temperature at the moment is over 32 degrees !! The guy in reception was helpful and spoke very good english.
We turned up off the overnight bus from Nha Trang, and with an hour of arriving at the hotel, were in our hotel room, so great that we got an early check in. used the laundry facility-usual US$1 per kilo.
Location was great. 2 mins to the main area via the bridge you'll see to the right of the hotel. Plenty of bars and restaurants within the same distance.
Overall, good value for money, great location and clean place.

Room Tip: We stayed in 302 if that helps!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Greensboro, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

At first An Hoi seemed lovely, it is on a nice spot near the river and it seems clean and well kept. When I was shown my room I decided I didn't want to stay there however because there was construction going on just outside my window. I told the man this and he said the construction was going to be finished that afternoon. I asked if he was sure, because I didn't want to stay there if construction might be a problem. He said he was sure construction would finish that afternoon, so I booked in. Early the next morning of course I woke to jackhammers outside my window. When I went to reception they said they would talk to them, did, and the noise stopped for 2 minutes. And then started back up, so I went to reception again and told someone else, and said that if it didn't stop that I would have to check out without paying and go to another hotel. She went and talked to them but the noise didn't stop, so I wearily packed my things and went to check out. She kept insisting that this wasn't their fault because it was their neighbors doing the construction. Of course that is true but the problem is that they lied to me to get me to stay there even though they knew I was adamant that I wouldnt stay if the construction continued. She continued to say it's not the hotels fault but employees that lie and deceive with blatant disregard for their guests is absolutely the hotels fault. The experience of her yelling at me and having to leave in such a way ruined the whole hotel stay.

• Stayed August 2012
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We paid $20 for a standard double room for one night and it was pretty good for the price. Not as good amenities as other hotels we stayed at in Hoi An, but all the things you need (aircon, tv, basic shower, comfy bed, fridge etc.). Only con about the room we stayed in would be that the window was tiny (hardly a window), but I guess for $20 you can't really complain. Staff were really friendly and keen to help with anything we asked (they all spoke very good english) and the location is perfect (about 2 minutes from the centre of Old Hoi An).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

We liked this place! Ok so there was a few problems - there was really loud construction going on next door which put a bit of a damper on things but once we said it was a problem they moved us to another room straight away. The staff were nice and helpful and it is a great location! The shower was a bit weird as it faced outwards onto the floor but hey how much time do you spend in the shower. We ended up staying 9 nights and the owner gifted us a Hoi An tshirt to say thank you which I thought was sweet!

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to An Hoi Hotel? Share your experiences!