“Incredibly Charming!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Amenia B&B and Inns
Noank
“Incredibly Charming!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

My sister and I took a family trip to Amenia and how lucky we were to stay at the Hilltop House. After climbing up the big hill,we were so excited to see a gorgeous home with a big porch. Our room was beautifully decorated..our hosts so friendly. I wish we had more than one night..the house was so relaxing..the porch inviting and a sumptuous breakfast made our stay complete!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank NoankStarr
HilltopHouseAmenia, Owner at Hilltop House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Thank you so much for the nice review! We love it when our guests leave happy!

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I just spent an evening at The Hilltop House Bed & Breakfast. I stayed in the Rose Room. I loved it. I am not fond of staying in many hotels and haven't stayed in a true Bed and Breakfast since I was a child in England, but I could stay here any time without hesitation or complaint.This was by far the best place I have stayed. I was so pleased and comfortable. I had everything I could possibly need and want...plus more. I was overwhelmed by the beauty, the details and simply marveled at the absolute cleanliness. I must say that the delicious pancakes with lemon zest topped with local maple syrup was divine. I was on the trip for business but felt like I was on vacation. I have already talked to my husband about going back JUST to stay at the B&B. - Thank you Sandy for allowing me to feel so at home in your beautiful home.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Karin H
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Just a one night stay for my wife and I. Wanted to take the bed home with us, it was that comfortable. Sandy and West were friendly and easy to talk to. We were in the area visiting and were somewhat familiar with what was around, but I have no doubt if we were not that good advice on what to see and do would be available.
We had a large bathroom with a nice shower and sink. The house is remarkable with the wide beam ceiling and wood covered walls on the first floor. Huge fireplace, comfortable seating and wide screen in the living room/reception area. Wi-fi worked great. Dining room with nice built-ins and pocket door. Also a big wrap around deck which can also be used for breakfast (a bit cool for that when we were there). Breakfast was great. Pancakes with a hint of lemon, homemade apple syrup, local sourced maple syrup and sausage, coffee, juice, eggs if you want them, fresh fruit (the pineapple and oranges were really good...everything was, for that matter!). Didn't leave hungry! Able to relax for a bit after breakfast before leaving. Not rushed...Loved the candy as well!!
We were made welcome here. The most relaxing stay we have had anywhere in quite some time. The only thing which would have made it better would be staying two nights instead of one. Thanks Sandy and West ! You made our visit so much better.

Room Tip: Some rooms are en suite, some are not. If this is important for you be advised. Do not hesitate to a...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank cnypete3
New York, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Hilltop House is a terrific B+B choice for visitors to the Hudson Valley region. The pretty 1909 shingle style house has been lovingly restored and offers comfortably furnished and impeccably maintained guest rooms. Sandy is a friendly host and accomplished baker who turns out great breakfasts to order. Her rhubarb compote is outstanding. My wife and I spent four enjoyable nights there and will happily return.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Allesistschon
cleveland oh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Having a son who attends one of the local boarding schools, we have stayed many times at this wonderful B&B run by Sandy and West. Sandy always makes a delicious breakfast and is the perfect hostess, personable and discreet.

The rooms are exceptionally clean and comfortable, and the general atmosphere is homey, tranquil, and inviting. We recommend the Hilltop House without any reservations! We last stayed in June, 2011 and are now booked to stay on May 1, 2012.

Room Tip: The Rose Room has an ensuite bathroom. The George Washington is the largest room, and can accommodat...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank elizabeth s
New Hope, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

My colleague and I had a relaxing stay at this down to earth, friendly bed and breakfast. Sandy made us feel very welcome and at ease. The rooms were nicely furnished and the beds were super comfortable. The bathroom down the hall was private and practically in the room so it was fine, and the bathroom in our other room was especially spacious. Breakfast was great! We highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Terre Haute, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

Sandy & West, the proprietors of Hilltop House, are friendly and approachable, but never imposing. Like another reviewer, I found the pictures and online information truly represents the actual product. My family stayed at Hilltop House in April 2011 to visit a nearby boarding school. Then, in September 2011, I stayed a second time when my daughter enrolled. Sandy programmed her coffee maker the night before for my husband who rises very early. Before our second visit, Sandy accepted a package delivery of items shipped ahead for move-in day. Then, when I had difficulty assembling an item for my daughter's room, West was kind enough to help me. Our rooms were clean. The linens are luxurious. And, the beds are very comfortable. Several rooms have a private bath in the room. Even if staying in a room without a private bath, it may not be shared with other guests unless the inn is completely full. Robes are provided to make the few short steps from your room to the common bath. Bath rooms are new or completely remolded and have great lighting. Sandy cooks a wonderful breakfast meal from natural ingredients and local produce. If you prefer tea over coffee, she has an extensive assortment to choose from. The huge wrap around porch is inviting just about any time of day. A portion is screened which allows you to enjoy breakfast or sit in the evening without being annoyed by insects. I hope to get the opportunity on a future visit to borrow one of the bikes they have available. The bike trail is located just at the bottom of the hill. I definately recommend staying at the Hilltop House.

Room Tip: The Sunshine Suite and Firefly bedroom are connecting rooms. The Washington bedroom has a more spac...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank emo1225
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amenia
Litchfield Inn
White Hart Inn
White Hart Inn
#1 of 4 in Salisbury
4.5 of 5 stars 31 reviews

Been to Hilltop House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!