STRENGHTS: Quiet location at the end of the small brick street, spacious apartment (most luxury option) with balcony and windows on the river, mid-size outdoor pool at excellent location, reasonable prices in restaurant however it was not 5 star service, reception staff quite OK
WEAKNESSES: Pricing. 01/2011 at high season prices were really high so I've decided to book it by Goldpoints (Previous Radisson loyalty programme). Hotel could be overcrowded (especially during summer season e.g. January, February)
OVERALL: If you like "chain hotels" you collect or spending points in loyalty programmes- definitely YES. If you seek romantic, local hotel definitely NOT. Check out pricing, try to find any package to beat standard price.
Well... reading some other contributions I agree that it's rather good 4 star hotel than real 5 star property but overall I was very satisfied due to have extra large, clean and nice suite.
No smell from the river...just sound of flowing water and distant noise from one of parties somewhere away at the river. If you could accept it as the part of local style of living...will be satisfied.
Walking distance to all historical attractions of Colonia, short Taxi trip to new, modern ferry terminal (BUENOS AIRES ferries)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Radisson Colonia del Sacramento Hotel & Casino is conveniently located by the River Plate, one block from the historic part of the city, declared World Heritage site by UNESCO in 1995.Whether you want to relax and get a good rest or to plan your next business trip, stay in one of our 60 finely European-style decorated rooms. Enjoy our restaurant with panoramic view, a lobby bar, an outdoor swimming pool overlooking the river, two hot baths, a large jetted Jacuzzi tub, last generation Jacuzzi, massage room, a gym, a dry sauna, a play room, outdoor activities, conference rooms and business center. Radisson Colonia del Sacramento Hotel & Casino’s facilities are provided for the purpose of holding events such as conventions, seminars, conferences, business and social events. We boast rooms, catering and conference services tailor made to your event. The casino has 152 slot machines, 6 roulette tables, 4 blackjack tables, 1 Poker Texas Hold'em table, 2 Caribbean Stud Poker tables and 1 baccarat tableFACILITIES• Air Conditioning heat – cold throughout the hotel• Lounge/TV room• High Speed Wireless Internet (WiFi) • Large jetted Jacuzzi tub • Last generation Jacuzzi • Baggage storage• Elevator • Breakfast buffet • 24-hour room service • Outdoor swimming pool overlooking the bay • Solarium • Dry Sauna• Gym• Meeting rooms • Direct access to Casino • Reading room and lounge• Poolside towel service• Business Center ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Despegar.com so you can book your Radisson Hotel Colonia del Sacramento reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Colonia Del Sacramento
- Colonia Del Sacramento Radisson
- Radisson Hotel Colonia Del Sacramento Uruguay