My husband and I stayed here for my birthday weekend and had the best time. Our room was a riverfront one with a HUGE terrace. I almost felt guilty for having so much space outside. I could have turned cartwheels out there. The decor of the room was sleek, modern and very beachy. Extras like robes, dishes and the special birthday wine bottle surprise were great touches. The hotel itself was so fun to enjoy. An indoor and outdoor pool make sure you get to swim year round.
We had lunch by the pool outside and really enjoyed everything. The food, service and view made us glad that we didn't go in town to eat. I can't emphasize how friendly everybody was that weekend.
Some things to keep in mind:
1. If you need anything from town, be sure to get it before you come to the hotel. You won't want to leave once you get there, and even though you can walk it back, it will take quite a bit of your time away from enjoying the hotel.
2. Bring cash. Even though the restaurant accepts cards, the tip must be in cash.
3. Be there for the sunset. There is a tree that blocks the view from a few terraces (including ours) but it's just as fun to walk across the street and sit with the locals that line up to see it set.
4. Book a spa treatment early. You can do this day of, I believe, but there are no walk-ins. They have very affordable options as well.
Overall, great stay. Can't wait to go back!
- Also Known As:
- Costa Colonia Riverside Boutique Hotel Uruguay/Colonia Del Sacramento
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Costa Colonia Riverside Boutique Hotel is situated in an exceptional setting in front of the river. Its 61 spacious and cozy rooms offer an ideal blend of modern design, luminosity and stunning river views.The on-site restaurant invites both guests and locals to enjoy an all-day menu and wine bar within a casual and relaxed atmosphere.The hotel Spa features an indoor and outdoor heated swimming pool, wet sauna and gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Splendia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Costa Colonia Riverside Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.