“Go somewhere else!” 1 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Köln
“Go somewhere else!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

We've been here for lunch as all the other restaurants were closed in the afternoon. But we should have walked away immidiately as it took the service fifteen minutes just to take our order. The food (gnocchi with pesto/tomato) wasn't tasty at all. The menu said the gnocchi would be homemade. These were from the supermarket. Just like the tomato sauce. It wasn't tasty at all. I could only eat the half of my plate also I was very hungry.
After lunch I went to the rest rooms. I had to wait because there was somebody in front of me. I was standing right next to the kitchen. So I saw that one of the service personel dropped a filled bread basket, which you get with the food. She was standing with the back to me and started to collect the bread in the basket again. But then the boss realized I was watching and threw that bread in the garbage.
I cannot recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited November 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

66% Recommend
Albany, New York
“tastes like prison food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

The food and service both are terrible here. The food tasted like it was bought from a large company, like Sedexo, that services schools and prisons. The wait staff is slow and and clearly doesn't care.

• Visited December 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nashville, Tennessee
“Jazz on the plaza- nice people -good food- till late in the night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

Walking around after dark - heard the jazz - bouncing down the cobble stones - followed
the music - hours later after many beers & small plates of good food, SWEET !

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Montevideo, Uruguay
“Ate there almost every night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

Nice atmosphere, delicious meals, fairly priced, they accept credit cards and remain open until about 01:00 am.

Visited November 2011
“We had the worst meal of our six week stay in South America, in this appalling restaurant.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011 via mobile

We should have walked out of this restaurant immediately as the staff were sullen and surly from the moment we entered. We moved tables four times before we found one with a clean tablecloth, which wasn't next to a broken window or the waiters station. When the food arrived is was dreadful. The bread was stale, the fried squid was obviously frozen, not fresh and when the main course arrived it was cold! The food had clearly not been freshly prepared and as it was beef stogagoff it should have been fresh. Instead it tasted as if it had been reheated in a microwave which is clearly what happened when we returned the plate to the kitchen. My husband suggested we pay the bill and leave without eating but we were so hungry we ate half and then left. We told the waiter we were not happy with the meal but clearly he couldn't have given a damn. I would suggest that if you want to eat in Colonia then you avoid this restaurant completely and go somewhere else.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere